The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snobish Heresy

Go down 
+46
80'sDavid
ChaosTheory
Spitfire
NotMarkyMark
wildhoney66
Kayna
Frank Rizzo
Santa Dog II
VonSpyder
AVPGuyver21
Dr. Poqui-chan
bjohn268
AssimanDHI
daipanda
MonkeyMan
Son Of Jack Deth
polygonalchemist
morpheuslow
moonsknight
Entertainer13
IAKO
oneyedjohn
Mondo a Go-Go
TheCinemaCynic
Deadpool
Tommy Wiseau
Eckertmania
Angie Matera
Mother of Invention
ermac
LeperMessiah117
UnholyMephistopheles
relauby
Salim
Admin
tonythe chosen
A Cockatrice
bloodypitofhorror
Cactus_Matt
Tobbii
JustinDP
Second Hand Store
The Original Greaser Bob
Screwadu
Griff Morivan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tobbii

Tobbii

Snobish Heresy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 am

JustinDP wrote:
I'm rare in the sense that I actually liked all six of the Star Wars films. I never really had any issues with the newer trilogy. Ewan McGreggor is pretty top notch, as was Liam Neeson before him. The only really downside to me was Hayden's "acting" in certain scenes.

That bring me to another Snob Heresy.

Ewan McGreggor >>> Alec Guiness
Back to top Go down
http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 am

The Dude wrote:
I fucking hated both Juno and Where the Wild Things Are.

I hated Juno as well. I didn't get the popularity of it at all. And yet, I liked the writer's other film, Jennifer's Body
Back to top Go down
http://bloodypitofreviews.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 am

I can't stand Terrence Malick, and there's very few Gus Van Sant movies I like.
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
Salim

Salim

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:00 am

I hated the Godfather part II except for the Italian bits

Don't hurt me! No
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 am

bloodypitofhorror wrote:
I hated Juno as well. I didn't get the popularity of it at all. And yet, I liked the writer's other film, Jennifer's Body
Never saw Jennifer's Body, but I'm really hesitant to sit through anything with Diablo Cody's name attached.

Salim wrote:
I hated the Godfather part II except for the Italian bits

Don't hurt me! No
It's alright, you are among heretics here.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:29 am

The Room is my favorite movie. It's my favorite movie because it's so bad, but still, I don't think a single day has gone since I first saw that movie that I didn't quote it at least once.

Oh, and I agree that Juno was terrible.
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:35 am

Admin wrote:
I can't stand Terrence Malick, and there's very few Gus Van Sant movies I like.
I cant stand Terrence Malick ether. i think badlands is one of the most overated films ever
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:50 am

my friends love boondocks saints 2 i just feel dirty being friends with them *shivers* and also they hate anything in B&W if i try to show them any of the classic universal monsters they cant sit thru one movie and the wont watch old slashers with the film grain or giant monster movies why is the majority of my generation damned
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 am

Relauby wrote:
The Room is my favorite movie. It's my favorite movie because it's so bad, but still, I don't think a single day has gone since I first saw that movie that I didn't quote it at least once.

Oh, and I agree that Juno was terrible.

I agree with every single thing you written down. I love The Room a lot, and have seen a few midnight screenings of it. Most fun I ever had at a movie theater.
Back to top Go down
JustinDP

JustinDP

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 am

Tobbii wrote:
JustinDP wrote:
I'm rare in the sense that I actually liked all six of the Star Wars films. I never really had any issues with the newer trilogy. Ewan McGreggor is pretty top notch, as was Liam Neeson before him. The only really downside to me was Hayden's "acting" in certain scenes.

That bring me to another Snob Heresy.

Ewan McGreggor >>> Alec Guiness

I actually fully support this.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 am

UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
my friends love boondocks saints 2 i just feel dirty being friends with them *shivers* and also they hate anything in B&W if i try to show them any of the classic universal monsters they cant sit thru one movie and the wont watch old slashers with the film grain or giant monster movies why is the majority of my generation damned
Not sure if that's a confession so much as an indictment of your friends.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

Strange, all my friends like Boondocks Saints as well, and I hate the damn movies. So try hard.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
Relauby wrote:

I agree with every single thing you written down. I love The Room a lot, and have seen a few midnight screenings of it. Most fun I ever had at a movie theater.

You're lucky, I live in Newfoundland, so there's not much chance of The Room coming here. A double-feature of Best Worst Movie and Troll 2 did play here once, though. That was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm

The Dude wrote:

ya i dont really have any guilty pleasures so i just kinda threw them under the bus
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 pm

The Dude wrote:

ya i dont really have any guilty pleasures so i just kinda threw them under the bus
Do you not even like Pierre Kirby?
Back to top Go down
bloodypitofhorror

bloodypitofhorror

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:31 pm

I hate Lord of the Rings.

There I said it. That made me feel better. I have no real reason to hate it. Its well written and the movies are pretty, but I'm not a big high fantasy lover (Except for Jim Butcher's Codex series).
Back to top Go down
http://bloodypitofreviews.blogspot.com
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 pm

bloodypitofhorror wrote:

There I said it. That made me feel better. I have no real reason to hate it. Its well written and the movies are pretty, but I'm not a big high fantasy lover (Except for Jim Butcher's Codex series).

they have their moments but i mostly hate them too
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:13 am

The Dude wrote:
The Dude wrote:

i do why should i try to hide the fact that Pierre Kirby is awesome
Back to top Go down
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:22 am

Gonna rapidfire respond to a few things.

Starwars - Ep1 Okay, Ep2 Oh ow my nuts, Ep3 Oh, hey, action! But when I was a kid, I took a girl to Star Wars Ep2, because it was a shitty romance flick, and as a lad, I thought chicks just innately enjoyed bad romance movies. Needless to say, as I got older, I realized WHY I didn't get any from what I later found out was a very easy girl.

McGregor vs Guinness - I could not disagree harder. But I can see a difference in appeal.

Juno - I like the idea and the general sort of structure, but I thought the casting of everyone was fucking terrible. Except Michael Cera as a spineless ninny, such a good choice there. e_e. Although, related to... chick... whos name I can't recall. I thought Hard Candy was amazing, so I know it wasn't the chick's acting. Just the writing.

LotR - Fuck those movies. Seriously, what is the appeal!? I don't even like the books. I mean, I understand that, hey Lord of the Rings is the main thing, but The Hobbit is so much better. And somehow, I doubt the live action movie is gonna be as good as the animated one from thirty years or whatever ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Morivanism.wordpress.com
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:27 am

Griff Morivan wrote:
LotR - Fuck those movies. Seriously, what is the appeal!? I don't even like the books. I mean, I understand that, hey Lord of the Rings is the main thing, but The Hobbit is so much better. And somehow, I doubt the live action movie is gonna be as good as the animated one from thirty years or whatever ago.

Lord of the Rings movies are a pretty well done swords and sorcery film, with a pretty likable cast, and some very well shot scenes. The movie doesn't come without faults however, like the forced romantic plots, and the extremely homoerotic hobbits, and a lot of parts felt like they were there just to slow the plot and progression of the story down. I liked it for how it made you feel like you were in middle-earth, and the sort of charm that comes with the movie.
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:56 am

bloodypitofhorror wrote:

I cant stand lord of the rings ether i mean there good movies just i personally find them boring.I love peter jacksons other movies and when i comes to fnatasy films i only like certain ones(my favorite is the first highlander). Also i FUCKEN HATE Titanic. I think it isterribly overated and i can findno goodof it.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 am

I think Alfred Hitchcock movies are just incredibly boring. That's my darkest secret.
Back to top Go down
Tobbii

Tobbii

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:17 am

I fucking hate the original Halloween. I also don't like The Orphanage, Exorcist or The Blair Witch Project.
Back to top Go down
http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 am

The Dude wrote:
The Dude wrote:

i do why should i try to hide the fact that Pierre Kirby is awesome
Touche.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 am

Touche.[/quote]
i like distastefl things its just that i like what i like and i wont be ashamed of what i like but i do like widley ridiculed things like godzilla and gamera and some things which are supposed to be amazing i dont care for like Avatar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snobish Heresy   Snobish Heresy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snobish Heresy
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: