The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reverend Gypsy

Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? Empty
PostSubject: Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?   Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:30 am

Alright, been thinking about joining up on this site for sometime, but this news just pushed me over the edge. I heard about it on Deadline New York - but yeah, long story short, they are bringing the Fraggles to the big Smurfing screen. While I do look forward to Jake's inevitable seething uncontrollable anger, I am terrified at the thought that they might brutally rape this precious part of my childhood. Oh well, whee... Fraggles... Big Screen... I'm going to go cry now.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?   Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 am

*Sigh*

Seriously?

......I mean really, seriously?
Back to top Go down
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?   Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 pm

See I think the diffrence between the Smurfs and Fraggle Rock is the Fraggle Rock was a Jim Henson show so it's now owned by Disney.

If the new Muppets movie is good this might be as well.
Back to top Go down
Shallow 15

PostSubject: Re: Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?   Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:26 am

And now it's time for "Minor Points of Clarification With a Soon to be Ex Disney Drone."

Yes, I work for the Mouse, and was around when the deal between Disney and the Jim Henson Company was finalized. The memo was sent out to everyone via the company internal network.

Basically, under the terms of the deal, Disney only owns those characters commonly thought of and refered to as "The Muppets:" Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, etc. However, they do NOT own anything affiliated with The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock, Jim Henson's The Storyteller, or Sesame Street.

(As a further anal-retentive point, the Sesame Street characters are owned by Sesame Workshop, formerly CTW. A clause in the deal with Disney allows Sesame Workshop to use Kermit the Frog in the show, be it old footage or new footage)

So, any hypothetical Fraggle Rock movie would be strictly in the hands of The Jim Henson Company, and they damn well wouldn't screw it up, since the show is considered "Jim's Baby" within the company.

This is why you can see reruns of Fraggle Rock on the Hub network, and also why "The Muppet Family Christmas" TV special will probably never see the light of day again, as now the copyright issues of having the Muppets, the Fraggles, and the Sesame Street gang would probably cost more money than would be made in any sort of updated video release.

--Erin M.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?   Fraggle Rock Movie? Really? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fraggle Rock Movie? Really?
Page 1 of 1