The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Home Media Formats...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Your Home Media Formats... Empty
PostSubject: Your Home Media Formats...   Your Home Media Formats... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Let's talk about media formats. Media formats I dabble in are:

VHS
VCD
DVD
Blu-ray
Digital Files

Now, as a filmmaker, I have been breaking away from DVD and going for Blu-ray but I still look around for movies that have only been released VHS or VCD and not on DVD. One thing with DVD, is I was looking for the Japanese film Hypnosis (US title is The Hypnotist) and the U.S. DVD by A.D.V. Video was OOP and copies on eBay were going for $50 and I was searching around and found a Thai Dubbed VCD for $5. I've tracked Chinese Godzilla VCDs and various other films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
thatguyontheright1

Your Home Media Formats... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Home Media Formats...   Your Home Media Formats... EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 am

I have CED, some VHS, DVD, and now Blu-ray. Blu is my primary format currently and I hold off for BD releases instead of jumping on cheap DVDs unless a DVD release is unlikely like TV shows done on lower quality film stock like older anime and the like.

CED is just hard core, and sadly never took off, the caddy idea was a great idea and would be incredibly useful on modern DVDs and BDs.
Back to top Go down

Your Home Media Formats...
Page 1 of 1