The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My thoughts on Apollo 18!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LucasChad

LucasChad

My thoughts on Apollo 18! Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on Apollo 18!   My thoughts on Apollo 18! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:48 am

I know Brad already posted his Vlog on it which I did not expect, but I'll still give my thoughts on it anyway.

Honestly, I thought the movie began with a promising start staying true to its authenticity of NASA in the 1970s. But once the alien rocks came out halfway through, the movie went way downhill from there.

On the plus side, the three lead actors aren't too bad and the moon setting looked real. However, the lack of impactful jump-scares and ridiculous moments ruined the whole film.

The best way I can say about this in terms of many "found footage" films, it's not as shocking, frightening, or entertaining as all the others. Let's hope Paranormal Activity 3 is better.

4/10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My thoughts on Apollo 18! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Apollo 18!   My thoughts on Apollo 18! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 am

I actually liked the lack of jump scares in the movie, because to me it was much more of a suspense driven film. I was gripped by their situation, and them finding the cosmonaut remains. I didn't need a lot of jump scares because that would have taken some of the tension away from me.

But I do think that if a viewer doesn't really care about the situation the movie presents, they'll find the movie uninteresting and boring. I was really intrigued by it, so there was never a moment where was bored.

I do agree that the moon rocks presented some pretty corny moments, though I am glad that it didn't linger on the moon rocks for long stretches of time, and some of the bigger ones we only got quick glimpses of. I liked that. And Lloyd Owen is awesome! =)
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com

My thoughts on Apollo 18!
Page 1 of 1