Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Request for a Radiodrome episode

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DannyV_El_Acme

DannyV_El_Acme

Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 39
Location : Puerto Rico

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:29 am

Hey, guys! I was wondering if you'd honor me a request: I would LOVE for you guys to make a Radiodrome episode centering on David Cronenberg. Appropriate enough, since he made the film Radiodrome is punnily named after(Videodrome), but he's also the director of some amazing horror films, as well as a guy who loves making people film with his films' themes. I'm betting Josh at least is a big fan. Specifically, I'd love for them to discuss The Fly, Videodrome, Scanners, Dead Ringers and Naked Lunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504256805
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 34

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm

I may be mistaken, but I *think* they already did do an episode that focused on Cronenberg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhadley



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 44
Location : Sturgeon Bay, WI

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 am

DannyV_El_Acme wrote:
Hey, guys! I was wondering if you'd honor me a request: I would LOVE for you guys to make a Radiodrome episode centering on David Cronenberg. Appropriate enough, since he made the film Radiodrome is punnily named after(Videodrome), but he's also the director of some amazing horror films, as well as a guy who loves making people film with his films' themes. I'm betting Josh at least is a big fan. Specifically, I'd love for them to discuss The Fly, Videodrome, Scanners, Dead Ringers and Naked Lunch.

I would not have much to say in the matter, there are major films from him I have not seen yet. I love Videodrome, Scanners and his Friday The 13th and thats about it. I hated The Fly remake, The Dead Zone was okay and I have not see the rest. I have The Brood DVD but I have not had a chance to watch it yet, and I just caught Shivers on cable a few months ago and it was okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://1201beyondthewebsite.weebly.com/index.html
thatguyontheright1



Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 31
Location : Watching Movies

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am

mhadley wrote:
DannyV_El_Acme wrote:
Hey, guys! I was wondering if you'd honor me a request: I would LOVE for you guys to make a Radiodrome episode centering on David Cronenberg. Appropriate enough, since he made the film Radiodrome is punnily named after(Videodrome), but he's also the director of some amazing horror films, as well as a guy who loves making people film with his films' themes. I'm betting Josh at least is a big fan. Specifically, I'd love for them to discuss The Fly, Videodrome, Scanners, Dead Ringers and Naked Lunch.

I would not have much to say in the matter, there are major films from him I have not seen yet. I love Videodrome, Scanners and his Friday The 13th and thats about it. I hated The Fly remake, The Dead Zone was okay and I have not see the rest. I have The Brood DVD but I have not had a chance to watch it yet, and I just caught Shivers on cable a few months ago and it was okay.

I have to disagree with you on The Fly remake, I enjoyed it. I generally dislike remakes, but I have a soft-spot for The Fly, sure there wasn't that much tension towards the reveal like in the 1958, but I don't think Cronenberg made his version as a horror movie, just a mad scientist movie. I know its not his best movie, so please don't think like I think it is.


Maybe its because I enjoyed it as a kid...maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 29
Location : Ohio

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 am

I would like to request a Godzilla themed episode for 54 minutes. Maybe next week since November 3rd will be the 57th anniversary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
Ashxking



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-10-24

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:15 pm

USA up all night or Drive in Theater and how they helped shape your veiw on movies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ItsVince725



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 27
Location : Pennsylvania

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 am

I'd like to see a John Carpenter episode, a Cronenberg episode, and a Vervoeven episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhadley



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 44
Location : Sturgeon Bay, WI

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 am

ItsVince725 wrote:
I'd like to see a John Carpenter episode, a Cronenberg episode, and a Vervoeven episode.

Not on Drome, but I did a 2 hour retro on Carpenter with Fred Fritz here http://eraserewindpodcast.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://1201beyondthewebsite.weebly.com/index.html
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

Posts : 411
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 49

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 am

mhadley wrote:
ItsVince725 wrote:
I'd like to see a John Carpenter episode, a Cronenberg episode, and a Vervoeven episode.

Not on Drome, but I did a 2 hour retro on Carpenter with Fred Fritz here http://eraserewindpodcast.wordpress.com/

Yeah, I really enjoyed our Carpenter discussion a lot.

This retrospective is in two parts:

Part 1:

http://eraserewindpodcast.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/eraserewind-10-john-carpenter-retrospect-part-1/

Part 2:

http://eraserewindpodcast.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/eraserewind-11-john-carpenter-retrospect-part-2/


Josh and I are currently arguing.... I mean debating who we should do next. Who would you guys like to hear about-Cronenburg, or Verhoeven?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RandyPan

RandyPan

Posts : 325
Join date : 2013-05-17
Age : 40
Location : Beverly, MA

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I think if they do a Godzilla retrospective, it should be in two parts; Part one: The Showa series, Part two: The Heisei and Millennium series.

Some other directors I'd like to see retrospectives on:

Joel and Ethan Coen
David Lynch
John Waters
Lloyd Kaufman
Stanley Kubrick
Terry Gilliam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perkele

perkele

Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Finland

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am

I'd very much like to see John Landis retrospective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 30
Location : Puerto rico

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:18 am

id like to see anepisode on Dario Argento films. oroneonwhat they consider underated directors
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
RandyPan

RandyPan

Posts : 325
Join date : 2013-05-17
Age : 40
Location : Beverly, MA

Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:27 am

How about best actor/directors, like Clint Eastwood, Danny DeVito, George Clooney, and now Ben Affleck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Request for a Radiodrome episode   Request for a Radiodrome episode Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Request for a Radiodrome episode
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Snobcast-
Jump to: