The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video games

Go down 
+25
Thecigarsnob
CGC002
TheCinemaCynic
Mongoose
LeperMessiah117
shaun millington
yakityyakblah
ermac
Kaneda
Slait
bloodypitofhorror
The Original Greaser Bob
Griff Morivan
guudermann
FullMoonHowl
T-800
rathkor
Uzigon
Entertainer13
vidsub
Loxx O)))
A Cockatrice
JustinDP
Eckertmania
Cactus_Matt
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 am

Herein we shall discuss video games!

What consoles does everyone have? And what is everybody's favourite game?

I have a PS3, 360 and my girlfriend has a Wii and a DS.

My favourite game is probably Oblivion, though Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are close behind, I love open-world games, especially Bethesda's.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:35 am

I'm currently rocking a 360 and the games I've playing the most are the two Mass Effect games, Bayonetta, and Super Street Fighter 4 (which, since I play in tourneys and weekly at the local shop, is A LOT).

I kinda want a Wii, but the only thing I would play on it is TatsCap, and that game is going to be dead once MVC3 comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
JustinDP

JustinDP

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 am

I have:

A Windows based Laptop, an X-Box 360, a PS3, and a Wii.

I formerly had a hacked PSP, and a hacked DS as well until a few days ago.

I'm in the process of selling stuff so I can visit/move to Australia in a couple months.

My favorite game of all time is probably CastleVania: Symphony of the Night
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 am

My console is Xbox 360, been playing Fallout: New Vegas as of recently. Enjoy most of Bethesda's games, well except for Oblivion (sorry TC). I prefer PC gaming to console gaming right now. I am playing WoW, and Counter-Strike: Source (I like the mods on it too) mostly right now.

Some of my all time favorite games that are coming to me: Elderscrolls 3: Morrowind, Mortal Kombat 1, Diablo 2, Monster hunter 1, Soulcalibur 3&4, GTA: Vice City, Dungeon Siege, Warcraft 2&3, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and WH40k Dawn of War.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
My console is Xbox 360, been playing Fallout: New Vegas as of recently. Enjoy most of Bethesda's games, well except for Oblivion (sorry TC). I prefer PC gaming to console gaming right now. I am playing WoW, and Counter-Strike: Source (I like the mods on it too) mostly right now.

Some of my all time favorite games that are coming to me: Elderscrolls 3: Morrowind, Mortal Kombat 1, Diablo 2, Monster hunter 1, Soulcalibur 3&4, GTA: Vice City, Dungeon Siege, Warcraft 2&3, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and WH40k Dawn of War.

It's interesting that most people I've known that hated Oblivion loved Morrowind and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 am

All the systems I have?

Erm... Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Advance SP, DS, and a Game Gear? I dunno... something like that.

My favorite game would be Super Metroid. With Metroid: Zero Mission coming in a close second.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
All the systems I have?

Erm... Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Advance SP, DS, and a Game Gear? I dunno... something like that.

My favorite game would be Super Metroid. With Metroid: Zero Mission coming in a close second.

I miss my Gamecube and all my Gamecube games, selling them was my biggest regret ever. The Gamecube is my second favourite console of all time.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 am

I only have like 8 games for it. Razz I never really got into Gamecube, but I do love Nintendo's other consoles. I've been playing my NES the most lately.
Back to top Go down
JustinDP

JustinDP

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 am

If we're also gonna talk about older systems I had NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari 2600, Colecovision, Gamecube, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast ... and ...a Virtual Boy.

Look, not every console a guy buys is gonna end up being a positive. Everybody needs at least one "Oh crap, I bought an NGage" moment.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am

I always have to just talk about my older consoles if it's a general console discussion. I like my NES, SNES, and Genesis way more than my other systems.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
I always have to just talk about my older consoles if it's a general console discussion. I like my NES, SNES, and Genesis way more than my other systems.

I'm like that, too, only I talk more about the old arcade days.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:08 am

I didn't live near one so I never really got to go to arcade's much. I wouldn't mind getting a few cabinets sometime, though.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 am

Oh man, if I could get a Super Turbo cab, that would be so awesome. Or a 3rd Strike one? Oh man, a CVS2 one would be amazing to have.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 am

Cactus_Matt wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:

It's interesting that most people I've known that hated Oblivion loved Morrowind and vice versa.

Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is a very solid game. The thing that I hated about Oblivion was that everything just felt like a step backwards. I just came off of Morrowind with my 300+ hour adventure, and was extremely excited for Oblivion and was pulled into its hype. I was expecting it to be like Morrowind in that it didn't hold your hand, allowed you to get more into the game, and to have dynamic NPC intelligence. But in the end all I got was an upgraded visual Morrowind with out the feeling of adventure. Oh and the auto-scaling levels was the worst decision that a gaming company could ever have. It just seemed like something Lionhead would do. I felt betrayed by a company that I loved and for that, I need to hate that title.
Back to top Go down
vidsub

vidsub

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 am

I have all 3 main systems, and a regular DS and PSP. I play my 360 and Wii mostly, and PS3 for the exclusives. I dont really play my PSP ever, and play DS every now and then. Im excited for alot of games this year, mostly PS3. Last year was Wii's, this year looks like PS3's!
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:18 am

NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, X-Box 360, Nintendo DS, What Few Games That Work on my iPod/Apple Laptop.

Is it odd to say my favorite game is Tetris? And due to me playing it too much, sadly thos dang Pokémans keep sucking me in as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
JustinDP

JustinDP

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 am

Entertainer13 wrote:
Is it odd to say my favorite game is Tetris?

No way. I still play that all the time. It's a simple game, but addictive as hell.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Cactus_Matt wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is a very solid game. The thing that I hated about Oblivion was that everything just felt like a step backwards. I just came off of Morrowind with my 300+ hour adventure, and was extremely excited for Oblivion and was pulled into its hype. I was expecting it to be like Morrowind in that it didn't hold your hand, allowed you to get more into the game, and to have dynamic NPC intelligence. But in the end all I got was an upgraded visual Morrowind with out the feeling of adventure. Oh and the auto-scaling levels was the worst decision that a gaming company could ever have. It just seemed like something Lionhead would do. I felt betrayed by a company that I loved and for that, I need to hate that title.

I didn't like Morrowind but that's because I played it after Oblivion. I think I put upwards of 700 hours into Oblivion over 5 plays.
Back to top Go down
JustinDP

JustinDP

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:31 am

To add my thoughts into the Oblivion/Morrowind thing ...I think it depends on your experience with Oblivion.

I was very comfortable with the map and compass system of Oblivion. So much so that when I tried to replay Morrowind a few months later I found I had no clue what the hell I was looking at when I attempted to use Morrowind's map. I also personally found the weapon swinging to be a little less responsive in Morrowind, but that could easily just be the laptop.

Although one thing I didn't miss from Oblivion when replaying it was that weird thing where no matter how secretive you are. You could be in a cave where nobody else was ...but somehow those soldiers knew you were doing crimes. And you were going to pay for them. It was like every soldier in the entire kingdom was secretly Batman.
Back to top Go down
Uzigon

Uzigon

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

I like my shit old school, so I only invested in a Wii this past generation. Currently playing: 'Red Steel 2' and 'Epic Mickey'

I recently went out of my way and set up my Mac to dual boot Windows XP, strictly so I could go back and play SWAT 3 again... and along with that territory comes the convenience of playing Doom II, Hidden & Dangerous, Build engine games, and The Suffering.

I've got boxes of old consoles that I hold on just for the sake of collection. Huge fan of artistic 2D games, and a big up to aforementioned 'Super Metroid'.

Edit: How could I forget the 'Metal Slug Anthology' which I pretty much bought a Wii for.

Last edited by Uzigon on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

JustinDP wrote:
To add my thoughts into the Oblivion/Morrowind thing ...I think it depends on your experience with Oblivion.

I was very comfortable with the map and compass system of Oblivion. So much so that when I tried to replay Morrowind a few months later I found I had no clue what the hell I was looking at when I attempted to use Morrowind's map. I also personally found the weapon swinging to be a little less responsive in Morrowind, but that could easily just be the laptop.

Although one thing I didn't miss from Oblivion when replaying it was that weird thing where no matter how secretive you are. You could be in a cave where nobody else was ...but somehow those soldiers knew you were doing crimes. And you were going to pay for them. It was like every soldier in the entire kingdom was secretly Batman.
They probably just leave "detective mode" on like everyone else. /ArkhamAsylum
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am

Cactus_Matt wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Cactus_Matt wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:

I didn't like Morrowind but that's because I played it after Oblivion. I think I put upwards of 700 hours into Oblivion over 5 plays.

That's very reasonable. After playing Oblivion I couldn't replay Morrowind either for a long while. The graphics are horrendous and it is very slow. Its just that once you get in Morrowind and get used to it, it becomes very expansive. The thing about older PC games like the old Fallout 1 & 2, Warcraft 1, and even Morrowind is that they don't age very well. It takes a while to get use to the game play, but once you get past the learning curve and the hindrances it truly feels like the superior game in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
rathkor

rathkor

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am

only current gen is a 360. I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins. It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
T-800

T-800

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Current gen i have a ps3 but I have a load of retro consoles that don't get much love anymore Sad , At the moment im playing gran turismo 5 and rock band 3 although gt 5 takes up most of my time trying to do endurance racing
Back to top Go down
FullMoonHowl

FullMoonHowl

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 pm

360,ps3,wii,ds,n64
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games   Video games Empty

Back to top Go down

Video games