The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzigon

Uzigon

Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'   Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 am

I thought this was an unfair call considering 'An American Crime' was adapted from the true crime story, and I personally found it more effective as a horror/thriller with it's realistic tone and attempt at authenticity versus the sensationalism of the Jack Ketchum story.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'   Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 am

I'd never heard of the other you mention. I found Jack Ketchum's to be quite disturbing. Maybe I'll try to find the other based on the true events.
Back to top Go down
Nephilim

Nephilim

PostSubject: Re: Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'   Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:25 am

I saw both, but Girl Next Door left me utterly devastated while American Crime had pacing issues. American Crime started out so slow. I'm aware it's far more accurate (I read the entire case history online) but whether a movie is effective doesn't necessarily rely on the accuracy of the story. In fact, it more often than not relies on how the story is told. And Girl Next Door was told pretty effectively.
Back to top Go down
MrBogey

PostSubject: Re: Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'   Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 am

Girl Next Door was a brutal film to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'   Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door' Empty

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door'
Page 1 of 1