The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! Empty
PostSubject: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 am

So yeah, y'all have probably already heard, but Ryan Dunn of Jackass fame died the other day.
He was always one of my favorite Jackasses.Sad

http://dailylocal.com/articles/2011/06/20/news/doc4dfffd81e06ed677806290.txt

On a related note, Roger Ebert is even more of a douche than I thought.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/111739_Roger_Ebert_Incites_War_of_Words_Over_Ryan_Dunn_s_Death/
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 pm

R.I.P Mr. Dunn.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:56 am

Roger Ebert has a good point, but he should be more sensitive to those grieving.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 am

UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
Roger Ebert has a good point, but he should be more sensitive to those grieving.
Firstly, Ebert made his comment before the news of Dunn's drunk driving was in. Second, even if he had known for certain that Dunn was drunk, it still wouldn't be his place to make snide comments about a dead man.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:23 pm

The Dude wrote:
Firstly, Ebert made his comment before the news of Dunn's drunk driving was in. Second, even if he had known for certain that Dunn was drunk, it still wouldn't be his place to make snide comments about a dead man.

I would say given the way Dunn lived his life and the way he sought attention in it gives anyone the right to say what they want about this individual. He took the life of another as well as his own and could have taken other innocents as well. Any harm to the feelings of others over this tragedy was incited by Dunn's lack of consideration for others well being, not Eberts. He wanted fame for acting the fool, he got it. There is no one to blame but him.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I would say given the way Dunn lived his life and the way he sought attention in it gives anyone the right to say what they want about this individual. He took the life of another as well as his own and could have taken other innocents as well. Any harm to the feelings of others over this tragedy was incited by Dunn's lack of consideration for others well being, not Eberts. He wanted fame for acting the fool, he got it. There is no one to blame but him.

I second Jack's statement.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm

I stand by my statement. Regardless of how he chose to live his life, I feel he, and more importantly, his survivors should be entitled to the respect and peace the dead deserve. It's not like Ebert is punishing Dunn by insulting his memory; all he's doing is rubbing salt in the wounds of Dunn's grieving family, friends and fans.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:43 pm

The Dude wrote:
I stand by my statement. Regardless of how he chose to live his life, I feel he, and more importantly, his survivors should be entitled to the respect and peace the dead deserve. It's not like Ebert is punishing Dunn by insulting his memory; all he's doing is rubbing salt in the wounds of Dunn's grieving family, friends and fans.

Which Dunn is solely responsible for. I'm not sticking up for Ebert, but this is something that needs to be said least anyone think this man was any sort of role model.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Which Dunn is solely responsible for. I'm not sticking up for Ebert, but this is something that needs to be said least anyone think this man was any sort of role model.
I somehow doubt that was ever an issue.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:21 am

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Then you really need to discover Youtube. He has lots of "followers" already.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:

And do you suppose any of these followers can be dissuaded by Roger Ebert?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:33 am

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:

And do you suppose any of these followers can be dissuaded by Roger Ebert?

Don't be an idiot. I made myself quite clear about this statement from the first.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 am

Before this degenerates into an arguement, let's all take a breath and a step back for a moment.

everyone here is entitled to their own opinions here, there's no need for anyone to get carried away with the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Before this degenerates into an arguement, let's all take a breath and a step back for a moment.

everyone here is entitled to their own opinions here, there's no need for anyone to get carried away with the discussion.

Let them argue. This is a forum goddammit, and arguing's exactly it's about.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Tommy, dear, bubulah.....you aren't helping....
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Tommy, dear, bubulah.....you aren't helping....

A forum is meant exactly for discussion, whether negative or positive, and neither The Dude nor Jack Deth are violating general internet rules, so why not let them argue what is currently a very mild argument? It isn't exactly going to pull the forum into an abyss of hatred and deceit or anything, and with a very inactive forum like this one, any discussion is always positive.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Well, yeah, but there's a difference between:

A: I think this...

B: Well, I think this unfortunately....

and this

A: I think this, and you're an idiot if you think otherwise...

B: Well you're obviously an idiot if you think that!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Well, yeah, but there's a difference between:

A: I think this...

B: Well, I think this unfortunately....

and this

A: I think this, and you're an idiot if you think otherwise...

B: Well you're obviously an idiot if you think that!

That's perfectly acceptable, as opposed to...

A: I think this, and you're a n***** if you think otherwise...

B: Well obviously you're a stupid democrat jew if you think that!

Really, on a forum, the only unacceptable behavior in this situation are personal attacks against one's race/religion/political views, death threats, and racial/homophobic slurs used to attack someone.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am

It was never even my intention to start an argument. I was just observing the pseudo-tradition common on forums of forming memorial threads where fans of a deceased celebrity may honor said celebrity. I also made mention of Ebert's insensitive remarks, whether it was appropriate for me to do so or not, because I allowed my anger at Ebert to guide my speech. Though while I concede that my protests may not have been relevant, I do of course stand by what I said.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 am

The Dude wrote:
It was never even my intention to start an argument. I was just observing the pseudo-tradition common on forums of forming memorial threads where fans of a deceased celebrity may honor said celebrity. I also made mention of Ebert's insensitive remarks, whether it was appropriate for me to do so or not, because I allowed my anger at Ebert to guide my speech. Though while I concede that my protests may not have been relevant, I do of course stand by what I said.

I also don't want an argument. I think both points are valid in this case. It's not a debate that could really be won. It's just simply our opinions.

while I also stand by what I said, I don't need to add anymore either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!   Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn! Empty

Back to top Go down

Godspeed You, Ryan Dunn!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: