Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 All about Spoony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DonGrif

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 36
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 am

So what do you think about Spoony?

I like him alot. He was actually the reason that I visited TGWTG in the first place. I used to watch Spoony on his own site and then one day I saw a link to something called That Guy With The Glasses. I clicked it and the rest is history! Smile

If I were to say something bad about Spoony then I would say that I don't like all the Wrestling videos, but I can live with that. Smile I just don't watch them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LucasChad

avatar

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 31
Location : Mexico, ME

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 am

I first saw him on YouTube and I was hooked. Once I heard he was on TGWTG, I was hooked too. I don't know what kind of videos I like better, his game reviews or his movie reviews. Still, I watch him all the time because he's one of the funniest on the Net!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cactus_Matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 29
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 am

I love how long Spoony's videos are, the longer the better in my opinion. I've sat through his play of Phantasmagoria 2 at least three times and love his ranty blogs about movies. I even enjoyed his XCOM videos!

Bottom line is Spoony is awesome, despite me disagreeing with a lot of his opinions Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinDP

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 33
Location : W. Bridgwater, MA

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

I like Spoony. I liked his stuff essentially from the first time I saw him.

I do think sometimes he gets a little over the top with the negativity, but at the same time he's also selling snarky. It pays his bills, so to speak. So I can easily see how he gets that much into character. I also notice it more with the Wrestle, Wrestle stuff than I do with anything else. Being a wrestling fan as well doesn't always have advantages, haha. Though he is right about TNA. TNA is like no mans land. Brain cells enter. None of them leave.

I think my favorite of his videos is the Phantasmagoria 2 video. That is probably spelled wrong, but Google is a precious two clicks away and that just smacks of effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loxx O)))

avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am

I liked him for a while... in the last 4 or 5 months, though, I've gotten to the point where I can't stand him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cactus_Matt

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 29
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
I liked him for a while... in the last 4 or 5 months, though, I've gotten to the point where I can't stand him.

Sometimes he says things that piss me off beyond belief (mostly on Twitter) and I feel like cursing his name, but he's too funny for me to hate him for too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guudermann

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Weel it's true, he does get a little preachy and over-the-top at times but I always liked the fact that he's essentially a nice, likeable guy which is what hooked me in the first place. I do disagree with him a lot of times but you can almost always see his point which makes for entertaining viewing. I thought he went a bit overboard with the wrestling stuff for some time but since that's spun off into a site of its own, all's well again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jbsrandomthoughts.wordpress.com
Tobbii

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Kalmar, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Love the guy, don't always agree with him (Tron: Legacy...) but that's fine, I don't agree with Brad all the time either. (Saw 3D...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
DarthThought

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 31
Location : Left side of nowhere

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

I don't know maybe I'm a rarity in the net I realize that a video review is an opinion, not fact. I actually can't get behind some of the movies that Noah has said are good, but some of the stuff he says is bad are awesome to me. Heck when it comes to Spoony Vs Snob I 9 times out of 10 agree with the Snob. The tenth time being Scott Pilgrim but hey that's jsut me!

But that's just me, and really he's selling an attitude so I can't blame him. He's lucky he's got to the point where he doesn't have to work heck any reviewer is

my verdict? I may not like his opinions on somethings, but I like The Spoony One
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobbii

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Kalmar, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm

DarthThought wrote:
I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

Same here, although I think he went a bit too far on the insulting bit when it came to Tron Legacy, especially when he asked for debate from people who DID like it only to diss them in his next video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
DarthThought

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 31
Location : Left side of nowhere

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

Same here, although I think he went a bit too far on the insulting bit when it came to Tron Legacy, especially when he asked for debate from people who DID like it only to diss them in his next video.

Yeah....I can see that, heck I was at the D&D game where he just flat out kicked people for mentioning it, then again the guy has how many followers on twitter? How many people outrightly diss the guy in his comment box? Yes he went a bit too far at that point, but there are times when a man can be pushed too far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobbii

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Kalmar, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

DarthThought wrote:
Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

Same here, although I think he went a bit too far on the insulting bit when it came to Tron Legacy, especially when he asked for debate from people who DID like it only to diss them in his next video.

Yeah....I can see that, heck I was at the D&D game where he just flat out kicked people for mentioning it, then again the guy has how many followers on twitter? How many people outrightly diss the guy in his comment box? Yes he went a bit too far at that point, but there are times when a man can be pushed too far

Like right now

Quote :
If that number is over 3, you are officially sad. Find something new.
About Mother2/Earthbound fans and how many times they've played the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
DarthThought

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 31
Location : Left side of nowhere

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

Same here, although I think he went a bit too far on the insulting bit when it came to Tron Legacy, especially when he asked for debate from people who DID like it only to diss them in his next video.

Yeah....I can see that, heck I was at the D&D game where he just flat out kicked people for mentioning it, then again the guy has how many followers on twitter? How many people outrightly diss the guy in his comment box? Yes he went a bit too far at that point, but there are times when a man can be pushed too far

Like right now

Quote :
If that number is over 3, you are officially sad. Find something new.
About Mother2/Earthbound fans and how many times they've played the game.

My last tweet was
Quote :
we have unlocked a raging TheSpoonyOne RUN FOR YOU LIVES
I just wonder how many times he looks back at the things he says and goes, well shit I can't stop now might as well ride this out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobbii

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Kalmar, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm

DarthThought wrote:
Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
Tobbii wrote:
DarthThought wrote:
I've kinda got a funny thing here, I love Spoony even when I disagree with him.

Same here, although I think he went a bit too far on the insulting bit when it came to Tron Legacy, especially when he asked for debate from people who DID like it only to diss them in his next video.

Yeah....I can see that, heck I was at the D&D game where he just flat out kicked people for mentioning it, then again the guy has how many followers on twitter? How many people outrightly diss the guy in his comment box? Yes he went a bit too far at that point, but there are times when a man can be pushed too far

Like right now

Quote :
If that number is over 3, you are officially sad. Find something new.
About Mother2/Earthbound fans and how many times they've played the game.

My last tweet was
Quote :
we have unlocked a raging TheSpoonyOne RUN FOR YOU LIVES
I just wonder how many times he looks back at the things he says and goes, well shit I can't stop now might as well ride this out.

Good question. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
Loxx O)))

avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 am

Yeah, the reason I've kind of lost interest in him is because of how insulting he's become. I don't recall him being like that in the older days. Now it seems like he calls out certain parts of his fanbase and calls them morons because their opinion is different than his. Trashing games/movies and making jokes is one thing, but don't genuinely insult the people that are making you who you are.

Occasionally I'll watch his new videos, but for the most part I tend to skip over him.

Oh, and I know he gets the same crap back at him. But that doesn't mean he should take it out on other people that don't do it to him. Call out those dipshits. As I recall him doing in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slait

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 28
Location : Computer chair, at the time of posting.

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 am

I like Spoony a lot. I like his perspective on things. I think a lot of the insults are there just to get people riled up... And it works. =P It's a legitimate method of attracting viewers, by getting them angry at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinDP

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 33
Location : W. Bridgwater, MA

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:48 am

Slait wrote:
I like Spoony a lot. I like his perspective on things. I think a lot of the insults are there just to get people riled up... And it works. =P It's a legitimate method of attracting viewers, by getting them angry at him.

The only problem with that strategy is it also suffers the side effect of making others not watch again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salim

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:52 am

I honestly think that he, (like most Chanel awesomers barring Brad and a few others) Has gotten drunk off his ego after receiving no criticism besides a few honest complaints that were quickly buried as people labeled them as "trolling" and now has fallen into a rut of unfunny, overused gags (Insano) and being mean to his fans. Its too bad too because he was one of the funnier Content makers back in the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loxx O)))

avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:58 am

Yeah, that's how I feel.

I honestly don't think it's a 'gag' when he makes reviews (not the actual TSE reviews, just the random videos he makes and posts very quickly) where he insults his fans and people with differing opinions. I think he's just gotten to the point where he thinks he can just get away with it. And he does with some people, some of us just turn our backs on him.

Not like he cares, though. I really don't thinking I'm crusading or trying to make a point to the guy right now. Just my opinions and I know he doesn't give two shits about them. But hey, if the guy can keep making money and he honestly enjoys doing that. Good for him.

But with all this being said, I won't mind watching something when it's actually supposed to be a scripted review. I just tend to ignore his personal little blog type reviews and videos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salim

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:37 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
Yeah, that's how I feel.

I honestly don't think it's a 'gag' when he makes reviews (not the actual TSE reviews, just the random videos he makes and posts very quickly) where he insults his fans and people with differing opinions. I think he's just gotten to the point where he thinks he can just get away with it. And he does with some people, some of us just turn our backs on him.

Not like he cares, though. I really don't thinking I'm crusading or trying to make a point to the guy right now. Just my opinions and I know he doesn't give two shits about them. But hey, if the guy can keep making money and he honestly enjoys doing that. Good for him.

But with all this being said, I won't mind watching something when it's actually supposed to be a scripted review. I just tend to ignore his personal little blog type reviews and videos.

The thing is is even (i think) his scripted stuff sucks. Comedy evolves under criticism and unfortunately on TGWTG and scarlet's Nazi forums he cant get any. He got isolated in this bubble of him thinking he is perfect and that anything he does is comedy gold. Theres this blog I know called Busy street and they might be a little harsh sometimes they still pin down everything that's wrong with spoony and lots of other CA video makers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobbii

avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Kalmar, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 am

I don't fully agree there. Spoony has a tendency to change a lot of things based on criticism, even ending entire shows or changing live-streams because they found something stupid. The reason Insano is everywhere is because his fans demands it. Although, as said, I feel he need to do a little less insulting. But I think he knows that and when recoding a unscripted Vlog you might say things you regret afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
Loxx O)))

avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 am

I don't think his scripted stuff is all that great anymore. But I just mean that I don't mind it so much. Then I can just accept the douchebaggery as part of the joke.

I understand where you're coming from, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TobyMobias

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 24
Location : Way down in Deep 13

PostSubject: eh is a pretty cool guy   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:45 pm

he trolls his fans and doesnt agraid of teh ultimate warrior


But seriously, I do like Spoony, and I think he's a tremendously funny individual with great screen presence. His videos have pretty good production values for a webshow (better than AVGN, but not quite to AT4W caliber), and I like he's introducing story elements into his show, though he should really only do AT4W crossovers when he really has a good reason for it. The Star Trek ending to "Final Fantasy X" was a bit silly in my opinion. I realize both shows take place in the same universe (the Awesomeverse, I've heard it called), but he really needs to be building his own canon before bringing in Linkara, who has a tendency towards deus ex machina, and the ending of the Black Lantern Spoony fight really shows that.

But yeah, Spoony's a funny guy, though kind of an asshole from what I've heard, but I haven't witnessed it so I can't give a definite yes or no.

Oh, and if anyone wants it, I made an MP3 (tagged for convenience) of Spoony's MAGfest stand-up video. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blip.tv/masterpiecefanfic
A Cockatrice

avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Overall I like Spoony's work very much so. He reviews things that truly make him angry and it typically shows through his videos. However my beef with him is his fame amongst reviewers. He is becoming the go to guy for crossovers. Not trying to say that he needs to go back to "underground reviewing" but IMO he has to get back to working on his own show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salim

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:55 am

TobyMobias wrote:
he trolls his fans and doesnt agraid of teh ultimate warrior


But seriously, I do like Spoony, and I think he's a tremendously funny individual with great screen presence. His videos have pretty good production values for a webshow (better than AVGN, but not quite to AT4W caliber), and I like he's introducing story elements into his show, though he should really only do AT4W crossovers when he really has a good reason for it. The Star Trek ending to "Final Fantasy X" was a bit silly in my opinion. I realize both shows take place in the same universe (the Awesomeverse, I've heard it called), but he really needs to be building his own canon before bringing in Linkara, who has a tendency towards deus ex machina, and the ending of the Black Lantern Spoony fight really shows that.

But yeah, Spoony's a funny guy, though kind of an asshole from what I've heard, but I haven't witnessed it so I can't give a definite yes or no.

Oh, and if anyone wants it, I made an MP3 (tagged for convenience) of Spoony's MAGfest stand-up video. Enjoy!



Go to his forums and you'll see lots of examples of spoony's douchiness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   

Back to top Go down
 
All about Spoony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Channel Awesome-
Jump to: