View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
relauby

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 am

The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Ahh. When I have some cash, I'm definitely snagging a copy. Like I said, MK is definitely my favourite fighting series. In fact truth be told I'm not a huge fighting game fan; but I always enjoyed Mortal Kombat (I do occasionally enjoy Street Fighter with the right friends though.) because it was a bit simpler, but just as satisfying (if not more so) than the others. I'm split on what version I should get; I don't give a damn about graphics, but I prefer the PS3's controller and most of my friends have PS3s - but there is the PSN issue right now (Thank god I never bought anything from the PSN yet.) so I guess it'll depend on whether or not that gets fixed by the time I raise the money to grab a copy.

Just go with the PS3 version and this is coming from a guy who has the 360 version. PSN will probably be coming back up next week, and the Xbox controller is ass when it comes to D-pad fighters you also have friends with PS3's and that is what makes fighting games more fun. Also the netcoding on the game is pretty bad right now, but they did promise a patch for it soon.
I still laugh to myself whenever I think of Sony's colossal failure with their won network. Retribution for years of Red-Ring jokes.

And PS3 owners bragging about how their online is free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 11:09 am

relauby wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Ahh. When I have some cash, I'm definitely snagging a copy. Like I said, MK is definitely my favourite fighting series. In fact truth be told I'm not a huge fighting game fan; but I always enjoyed Mortal Kombat (I do occasionally enjoy Street Fighter with the right friends though.) because it was a bit simpler, but just as satisfying (if not more so) than the others. I'm split on what version I should get; I don't give a damn about graphics, but I prefer the PS3's controller and most of my friends have PS3s - but there is the PSN issue right now (Thank god I never bought anything from the PSN yet.) so I guess it'll depend on whether or not that gets fixed by the time I raise the money to grab a copy.

Just go with the PS3 version and this is coming from a guy who has the 360 version. PSN will probably be coming back up next week, and the Xbox controller is ass when it comes to D-pad fighters you also have friends with PS3's and that is what makes fighting games more fun. Also the netcoding on the game is pretty bad right now, but they did promise a patch for it soon.
I still laugh to myself whenever I think of Sony's colossal failure with their won network. Retribution for years of Red-Ring jokes.

And PS3 owners bragging about how their online is free.

Are you guys kidding? One event over the endless problems that is the 360. I had to return four of those pieces of crap before I swapped it out for a PS3. I'm still on the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 11:15 am

Fred, to be honest, I'd rather deal with red ring of death over possibly having my credit card numbers and identity stolen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Fred, to be honest, I'd rather deal with red ring of death over possibly having my credit card numbers and identity stolen.

To be sure, this is major. But the problem is not the system, nor the network. It was plan stupid human error (ie laziness). Sony is not easily excused from this debacle. With that being said, the 360 remains a piece of junk and the PS3 a well made system. 360 wanted you to pay more just to use that hunk of junk on the internet, Sony didn't. I still give the major point to Sony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

To be sure, this is major. But the problem is not the system, nor the network. It was plan stupid human error (ie laziness). Sony is not easily excused from this debacle. With that being said, the 360 remains a piece of junk and the PS3 a well made system. 360 wanted you to pay more just to use that hunk of junk on the internet, Sony didn't. I still give the major point to Sony.
Except that the human error you mentioned is entirely Sony's fault, since the network is managed by Sony personnel. Major point my snow white ass. And personally, I've never gotten the red ring, or had any problems of any kind with my 360. So say what you will about Microsoft's policys; at least they've got their shit together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Woo a console war is a brewing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 6:33 pm

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Except that the human error you mentioned is entirely Sony's fault, since the network is managed by Sony personnel. Major point my snow white ass. And personally, I've never gotten the red ring, or had any problems of any kind with my 360. So say what you will about Microsoft's policys; at least they've got their shit together.

Well, first off they don't... they made a piece of junk. One only has to do the most basic of google searches to see that. Also, just because nothing has happened yet to Microsoft, doesn't mean it won't. I pray it doesn't. Sony has blown it big time with this, but it's not like they were the first to ever be hacked. The real villain here is the hacker and we are all the victims.

Side note: I believe Sony needs to do a big "sorry", by offering something to all who were affected by this. Perhaps a free downloadable game or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Well, first off they don't... they made a piece of junk. One only has to do the most basic of google searches to see that. Also, just because nothing has happened yet to Microsoft, doesn't mean it won't. I pray it doesn't. Sony has blown it big time with this, but it's not like they were the first to ever be hacked. The real villain here is the hacker and we are all the victims.

Side note: I believe Sony needs to do a big "sorry", by offering something to all who were affected by this. Perhaps a free downloadable game or something.

"Sorry your identity was stolen and it'll probably takes years to settle....here's a free Angry Birds game..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

"Sorry your identity was stolen and it'll probably takes years to settle....here's a free Angry Birds game..."

LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Atari 2600 and NES are the best consoles ever made. there console war is over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Well, first off they don't... they made a piece of junk. One only has to do the most basic of google searches to see that.
Why would I need to do a Google search, though, when I've had a 360 for years now and it's worked just fine? Everyone says it's a piece of junk, but my experience begs to differ.
And for the record, to Mephistopheles point, the best console ever made is the SNES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 am

Wow, those are all really funny ways of spelling "Dreamcast."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 am

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Well, first off they don't... they made a piece of junk. One only has to do the most basic of google searches to see that.
Why would I need to do a Google search, though, when I've had a 360 for years now and it's worked just fine? Everyone says it's a piece of junk, but my experience begs to differ.

You're right. Why try to gain information about something you lack knowledge on, when you can remain completely ignorant.

Excellent point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Ad hominem. Really classy.

People like to throw around statistics and facts that they speed googled, all the time, but as only one of all the people I know who own or have owned a 360 has ever experienced technical problems, and given the fact that estimates of 360 failure rates are unreliable at best, I tend no to take them at face value. I value personal experience over something someone I never met put up online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 5:12 am

The Dude wrote:
Ad hominem. Really classy.

People like to throw around statistics and facts that they speed googled, all the time, but as only one of all the people I know who own or have owned a 360 has ever experienced technical problems, and given the fact that estimates of 360 failure rates are unreliable at best, I tend no to take them at face value. I value personal experience over something someone I never met put up online.

Well, I worked at Best Buy when this glorified paper weight premiered, and it was a nightmare on wheels. This is no internet rumor, and the truth of the system failures can be easily double checked. They broke down by the thousands across the country. It sucked to work in the returns department.

However, as a whole I do agree that internet statistics do tend to be questionable at best. But personal experience doesn't change the facts in this case... at least not at the time the first XBOX 360 premiered. The new XBOX 360s have been getting pretty good reviews so far as they replaced the fans (the cause of the original problem), and made some other improvements to prevent the infamous red ring of death.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
However, as a whole I do agree that internet statistics do tend to be questionable at best. But personal experience doesn't change the facts in this case... at least not at the time the first XBOX 360 premiered. The new XBOX 360s have been getting pretty good reviews so far as they replaced the fans (the cause of the original problem), and made some other improvements to prevent the infamous red ring of death.
As you noted, perhaps when the 360 premiered, the assertion that it was a technological nightmare had some merit, but this is no longer the case, as Microsoft remedied their error.

How Sony is to remedy their error, on the other hand, is a question that is a great deal more difficult to answer. And given that little more than a year ago a bug in the PSN caused PS3's around the world to crash, which I didn't even know was possible until it happened, it would seem that their products are far from foolproof themselves.

More to the point of this thread: I played me some House of the Dead: Overkill last night. Fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 am

I've got people over, playing some SSF4.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Tue May 10, 2011 12:28 am

Eckertmania wrote:
I've got people over, playing some SSF4.
Well that's a shocker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 am

I didn't get to finish what I was saying because it was my turn to play.

I was rocking the house last night. Felt great to go on multiple 10+ match win streaks.

Edit: Oh, and I've been playing Saints Row 2, again. Very superior to GTA4.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sat May 14, 2011 2:15 am

Back to Minecraft. Tunneling my way through the Nether right now. I'm trying to build a long, treacherous trail through what is naturally the most inhospitable terrain available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 am

Been playing a lot of Call of the Dead on Black Ops. It's fun, but it's also really hard and frustrating. Like any kind of zombie game, it's really only fun with other people. This also helps you talk over the terrible dialogue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Mon May 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Fallout: New Vegas. I actually bought the special edition when it came out (I'm a Fallout geek.) but never got around to playing it much until now. I'm honestly enjoying it a bit more than Fallout 3; although FO3 grew on me I didn't care for it much the first time I played it and even now I still think it is somewhat overrated, particularly for how dumbed down the SPECIAL system is and how a replay feels so... similar to the last game. In New Vegas, the SPECIAL stats actually feel like they truly alter your character, the perks that come on alternate levels is a good idea and the overall atmosphere and style adds in some of the personality and charm from the first two games that didn't make it into Fallout 3. I always loved their weird sense of humour; and even though I felt bad for doing it, I laughed at a time where I was supposed to collect debts from 3 civilians and I meet a homeless Ghoul and use speech to con him out of all the caps he has; and then finishes it off with him saying "That's everything but the clothes on the back" before using another speech option shows up "Come on. Give me all your clothes. Now." I also had a laugh (as well as a WTF) ad the "Fisto" robot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am

I actually just finished my first play-through of No More Heroes. Not a perfect game, but it had enough going on to keep me interested, and it definitely felt fresh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieRebel

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm back to playing Mortal Kombat after the new DLC character and outfits came out. I really should pick a main character to play as...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 pm

I pulled the Dreamcast out for some Sonic Adventure 2. What a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What game are you playing now?   

Back to top Go down

What game are you playing now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next