The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you come up with your user name?

Go down 
+18
Salim
Deadeas
Dyson sphere
Thecigarsnob
barrylikesbnbns
Feldon
Benjamin-J
The Original Greaser Bob
Mondo a Go-Go
Second Hand Store
Eckertmania
Son Of Jack Deth
TheCinemaCynic
relauby
UnknownKadath
obin_gam
Tommy Wiseau
Frank Rizzo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

How did you come up with your user name? Empty
PostSubject: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 am

Don't think we've had a thread like this before, so I'll just post it now.

How did ya'all come up with the usernames you have on this forum?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 am

I guess mine is pretty obvious. I love The Room, and I love Tommy Wiseau.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:46 am

My real name is Robin > I had a friend that lisped so he started calling me obin out of lazyness, and then in time I did the same modification with my surame and obin gam was created What a Face I use it everywhere online so I'm not really anonymous at all anymore the way online nick names are supposed to work like hehe
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 am

Well, I was thinking of using 2 of my previous Forum nicks; "CroutonsOfDeath" (From some shitty story I wrote as a kid about a father who murders his children in various ways, when read as an adult the only part that made me laugh was the "Croutons of death" bit.) or "PlagueDoctor" (I like history, I have a weird obsession with diseases, and Plague Doctor masks are fucking cool.) then decided that I'd actually use my real name in my nickname, and called myself UnknownKadath after "The Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath," the H.P. Lovecraft book I was named after.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:26 am

Random gibberish I made up when I was younger and signing up for my first e-mail account (I think). I've mostly stuck with it because I hate putting random numbers on the end of my name and because I like to keep things consistent. I'm also not creative enough to think of something to be user-name where I'd be the only one to use my name.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:10 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Well, I was thinking of using 2 of my previous Forum nicks; "CroutonsOfDeath" (From some shitty story I wrote as a kid about a father who murders his children in various ways, when read as an adult the only part that made me laugh was the "Croutons of death" bit.) or "PlagueDoctor" (I like history, I have a weird obsession with diseases, and Plague Doctor masks are fucking cool.) then decided that I'd actually use my real name in my nickname, and called myself UnknownKadath after "The Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath," the H.P. Lovecraft book I was named after.

You, sir, have a badass name. Good day.
Back to top Go down
TheCinemaCynic

TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 am

The Cinema Cynic is a character I invented. He's an yuppie straight out of the 80's who reviews shitty direct to DVD movies. I have a few episodes written but I haven't gotten to film them yet due to lack of proper equipment.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 am

My user name story isn't nearly as interesting.

Trancers has long been my favorite B-Movie of all time, so I thought "Son Of Jack Deth" would be an appropriate name for The Cinema Snob forum.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:34 am

It comes from me being a wrestling fan and a fan of wrestling games. When I would play my friend Sonny back when WWF War Zone was out (and terrible), I would always say "Forget Hulkamania, brother, because Eckertmania is gonna run wild on you!"
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Mine is pretty obvious. I love Dead Alive(Braindead for you purists) and everytime I see the Sumatran Rat Monkey I can't help but crack up.

[img]How did you come up with your user name? Sumatr10[/img]
Back to top Go down
TheCinemaCynic

TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Eckertmania wrote:
It comes from me being a wrestling fan and a fan of wrestling games. When I would play my friend Sonny back when WWF War Zone was out (and terrible), I would always say "Forget Hulkamania, brother, because Eckertmania is gonna run wild on you!"

Good to see theres another wrestling fan on the bored. And that game suckkkkkkkkkkkked. My favorite was WWF Wrestlemania 2000 since I never owned No Mercy.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

You, sir, have a badass name. Good day.

Oh hai Tommy! Why thank you! How did you come up with your user name? Hug_emoticon_by_smiekie

TheCinemaCynic wrote:
The Cinema Cynic is a character I invented. He's an yuppie straight out of the 80's who reviews shitty direct to DVD movies. I have a few episodes written but I haven't gotten to film them yet due to lack of proper equipment.

Let us know if you do! I think I'll laugh if not just for the Yuppie element, I'll have to make sure to show it to my aunt Nikki. Apparently she was a notorious yuppie and loves seeing 'em spoofed nowadays x3

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
My user name story isn't nearly as interesting.

Trancers has long been my favorite B-Movie of all time, so I thought "Son Of Jack Deth" would be an appropriate name for The Cinema Snob forum.

THAT's why your name is familiar! Haven't seen Trancers in ages. Charles Band flicks can be pretty hit and miss, but I remember enjoying Trancers and the original Puppet Master (If not for the Puppets themselves.) I love you Shame most of what he's done lately is too fucking forced (I wanted to love Evil Bong if not for the promise of Tommy Chong, but not even that and a lot of grass on my end could save it.)
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:00 pm

TheCinemaCynic wrote:
Eckertmania wrote:

Good to see theres another wrestling fan on the bored. And that game suckkkkkkkkkkkked. My favorite was WWF Wrestlemania 2000 since I never owned No Mercy.

My favorite wrestling game now is probably Fire Pro D for the Dreamcast, followed by Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 and No Mercy for the N64.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 am

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Mine is pretty obvious. I love Dead Alive(Braindead for you purists) and everytime I see the Sumatran Rat Monkey I can't help but crack up.

[img]How did you come up with your user name? Sumatr10[/img]
SINGAYA! -kachopity-

As for my name, I love Mondo movies. Having to sit through the four Bruno Mattei mondo movies would be a dream come true. And "Monster a Go-Go" is one of my favorite movie titles, so...Mondo a Go-Go.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Likewise, my inspiration should be easy to deduce.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:54 am

My first name and middle initial.
There's also a story behind the hyphen, but the last person I told it to died instantly of fright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulexo.com
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Likewise, my inspiration should be easy to deduce.

Dean Martin's character from Rio Bravo?
Back to top Go down
Feldon

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 am

I've been going by the name of a character in one form or another from one of my stories.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:53 am

Feldon wrote:
I've been going by the name of a character in one form or another from one of my stories.

When you say, "one of my stories", are you using old lady speak to refer to soap operas?
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:51 pm

My Granddad is called Barry and I was eating BnBns at the time of this names creation on a mine-craft forum. They were so great, I failed too see why anyone wouldn't enjoy them and just assumed my granddad did. This and I'm an open hipster.

He lives in a care home because of the many strokes he's had, but he doesn't really do much except smoke and watch Isle of Man TT. I visit him when I can, but he always seems depressed. From the stories he's told me, he used to be somewhat of a child prodigy when it came to electronics and mechanical engineering, so with a past like that and to be confined to a care-home the rest of your life, it must be like being on the Green Mile.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:55 pm

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
My Granddad is called Barry and I was eating BnBns at the time of this names creation on a mine-craft forum. They were so great, I failed too see why anyone wouldn't enjoy them and just assumed my granddad did. This and I'm an open hipster.

He lives in a care home because of the many strokes he's had, but he doesn't really do much except smoke and watch Isle of Man TT. I visit him when I can, but he always seems depressed. From the stories he's told me, he used to be somewhat of a child prodigy when it came to electronics and mechanical engineering, so with a past like that and to be confined to a care-home the rest of your life, it must be like being on the Green Mile.

I really dig that story. Cool name.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm

My username comes from my favorite character in the Jerky Boys, Frank Rizzo.

Ya got that, jerky?
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
My username comes from my favorite character in the Jerky Boys, Frank Rizzo.

Ya got that, jerky?

I thought Frank Rizzo was a politician. Then again I never heard of The Jerky Boys, so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Feldon

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:55 pm

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Feldon wrote:

When you say, "one of my stories", are you using old lady speak to refer to soap operas?

I mean that I'm a compulsive writer; though the idea of sitting down and watching soaps is really amusing. If that were the case I think my nick name would be Cricket.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm an avid Cigar Smoker, and on many cigar forums i also go buy the name Cigar Snob.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your user name?   How did you come up with your user name? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your user name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next