Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 am

Today being the 85th birthday of Roger Corman, I though we'd celebrate! Corman is my hero; he made great movies with no money, started the careers of countless famous figures in the industry, and is a genuinely good guy. Heck, the man made a movie called The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent, how can that be a sign of anything but brilliance?

My favorite movie Corman directed has to be Masque of the Red Death, also my favorite Poe movie, and as producer, it would be down to The Dunwich Horror or Rock 'n' Roll High School. What's your's?

As a side note, I love the old saying that Roger Corman could negotiate a movie deal over a pay phone, finance it with the money left in the phone, cast the people outside, and shoot it entirely in the booth. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah what.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 am

My favorite of his.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:12 am

Even if none of his movies were good (which isn't what I'm saying) he would still be an impressive producer/director by merit of how many movies he got made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Sat May 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Actually i don't think "The Masque of the red death' is very good. buuuut to each their own. as for my favorite "Corman" film? oh that's easy "The Pit & The Pendulam" from (1961)

now that i think about it, i hope they do a 50th anniversary for it this year! he's done some DAMN good films. & some pretty bad ones as well. "Dick Miller" is my favorite B movie actor of all time. it's always pissed me off that he wasn't used more after the 50's ended. plus it pisses me off that he really NEVER did get famous at all. i mean sure people know who he is. but he didn't get famous like "Vincent Price" did doing 'Corman" films.

have you read his Bio that he released way back in (1990) it's a great book. my ONLY complaint is that's it waaay to damn short. i think he should do an updated version. plus release a book of ALL of his films. that also count films that he is uncredited for plus the films he distributed through the years as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Sat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm

And Roger Corman *does* have an Oscar too....albeit an honorary one...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I'm sure that's probably more than he ever realistically expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Sat May 21, 2011 11:20 pm

The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I'd have to agree with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 am

The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
And far less than he deserves. Except for The Wasp Woman, which had serious pacing problems, Corman's put out an unbelievable number of films with pretty consistent high quality. Say what you will about the production values, but I don't like Corman's made a movie yet that hasn't been entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   Wed May 25, 2011 9:23 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
And far less than he deserves. Except for The Wasp Woman, which had serious pacing problems, Corman's put out an unbelievable number of films with pretty consistent high quality. Say what you will about the production values, but I don't like Corman's made a movie yet that hasn't been entertaining.
Hmm...second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Roger Corman Appreciation Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1