Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:12 am

The Dude wrote:
I'd also thought of a serial-killer simulation game, but sadly, you are right. It would be a thousand kinds of controversial.

Yeah, and even I will admit that there would have to be some restraint. Any game with that idea is going to cross the line, but I still ponder the concept and usually I imagine as long as rape (Or any other form of sexual violence) and "hard" torture (Dungeon style torture), or child torture/murder was kept out - it at least wouldn't cross my lines. It actually kind of bothered me how many Postal fans requested "rape" when RWS started work on Postal 3 and asked for suggestions on new weapons and actions. At least RWS knew that was a place to draw the line too and later put a ban on anyone who requested it. One of the weapons that won the contest though, The Badgersaw (A trained badger the Postal Dude carries around to maul people with), was actually an idea my brother came up with heh. I'm surprised PETA hasn't shat a brick over that. Then again, I'm amazed they didn't shit a brick regarding the cats and dogs in Postal 2 seeing as every other easily offended brick shitting group went nuts over Postal 2 for awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 am

Well, getting mad at the guys behind Postal is like yelling at water not to be so damn wet, so i can see why after the first couple of games you just wouldn't even bother being outraged.

On the topic of restraint, well, I've been wondering which game would be the first major release to allow for child kills, because you know it will happen eventually. Yeah, games like the first Fallout had it, but games back then weren't quite as immersive as they are now. And games like postal may have allowed it, but they never really made it into the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2