Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:28 am

my idea is a friday the 13th game, where you are jason you sneak around a kill people there is a mode you can go into (kind of like detective mode in arkham asylum) where you can see the fear in people and the more fear the have with out letting them tell all the other the more points you score and if you want you can make your own killer and play as him in "the legend begins" mode where the main goal is to rank up your killers talents based on your score
why it couldnt happen: "blah blah blah im a mom this game is teaching our kids to be serial killers blah blah blah"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 am

I would buy a Friday the 13th where you can sneak around and kill people in a freakin heartbeat! That would be an awesome concept for a game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:15 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I would buy a Friday the 13th where you can sneak around and kill people in a freakin heartbeat! That would be an awesome concept for a game!
id love to make my own killer just because if i was in control id have as many options as mass effect if not more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:09 am

Isn't that just Arkham Asylum with a different theme though? And how would you sneak up as Jason? The only reason that works in movies is because they just cheat and teleport him. He's a huge lumbering guy in a hockey mask, and he doesn't work on any psychological level, he just finds people and tries to kill them as soon as he can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
Isn't that just Arkham Asylum with a different theme though? And how would you sneak up as Jason? The only reason that works in movies is because they just cheat and teleport him. He's a huge lumbering guy in a hockey mask, and he doesn't work on any psychological level, he just finds people and tries to kill them as soon as he can.
the game would take some libertys but haven't you noticed hes never just walking into a room full of people and just started chopping bitches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 am

UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
the game would take some libertys but haven't you noticed hes never just walking into a room full of people and just started chopping bitches

I'm just saying, the reason "stealthy" Jason works is because you kind of just see him show up and never think too hard about how he got there. If you saw it from his perspective it wouldn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:23 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

I'm just saying, the reason "stealthy" Jason works is because you kind of just see him show up and never think too hard about how he got there. If you saw it from his perspective it wouldn't make sense.
you have a point maybe a different person GACY: the game
dark humor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:59 pm

i have always wanted a WW1 game. Firstpersonshooter that takes place in the trenches and you and your company need to advance but have to be wary of not sticking your head up so the opposing force dont notice you and put a hole there. At the same time you need to provide cover for the ones advancing to forward trenches so you actually have to stick your head up to scout and provide cover fire. And those whose mission it is to go forth and dig new trenches need cover aswell.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:10 am

Killer Instinct III
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:21 am

obin_gam wrote:
i have always wanted a WW1 game. Firstpersonshooter that takes place in the trenches and you and your company need to advance but have to be wary of not sticking your head up so the opposing force dont notice you and put a hole there. At the same time you need to provide cover for the ones advancing to forward trenches so you actually have to stick your head up to scout and provide cover fire. And those whose mission it is to go forth and dig new trenches need cover aswell.

thoughts?

I always thought a WWI rts would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
obin_gam wrote:

thoughts?

I always thought a WWI rts would be pretty cool.
http://armorgames.com/play/2267/warfare-1917

there you go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:10 am

The Dude wrote:
Killer Instinct III

I hear it's gonna use a specialized controller!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b3/Telephone_keys.JPG

I'd just like to see Rare make a real game again. It seems all they do now is pump out avatar clothes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
I'd just like to see Rare make a real game again. It seems all they do now is pump out avatar clothes.

I dunno, wasn't the last real game they made Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah, and that came out in 2008.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 pm

[quote="yakityyakblah"]
The Dude wrote:
Killer Instinct III

I hear it's gonna use a specialized controller!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b3/Telephone_keys.JPG/quote]
Trouble is, Killer Instinct III seems to have Duke Nuk'em Forever syndrome; it's been hinted at, denied, character screens released, denied again, promotional soundtracks and fucking sheet music given away, and denied again. So even if it does ever see the light of day, there's no way of telling when.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 pm

I would love a sequel to Braid. But now in weird absttract painting-worlds you know. Considering the story itself in the first one (brilliant btw) its probably never gona happen with a direct sequel, but I just want another timey wimey sidescroller!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:22 am

That's not quite Duke Nukem. Being rumored is one thing, being in active development for over a decade is another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
That's not quite Duke Nukem. Being rumored is one thing, being in active development for over a decade is another.
Killer Instinct was being developed; that's where the character models came from. yet, it kept getting canceled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 am

Duke was never cancelled though. People have actually been working on it constantly for over a decade. Money has been poured into that game the entire time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
Yeah, and that came out in 2008.
But more importantly, was a pile of garbage.

Also, I guess it depends on if you consider Kinect Sports a real game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:27 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
Duke was never cancelled though. People have actually been working on it constantly for over a decade. Money has been poured into that game the entire time.
That isn't entirely true. It was officially canceled for a short period before gearbox picked up development. It was huge news for like a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 am

▲ wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
That isn't entirely true. It was officially canceled for a short period before gearbox picked up development. It was huge news for like a month.
And even when it wasn't officially canceled, it still spent extended periods in development hell, so there wasn't constantly money being funneled into the project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
O'Hara

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 am

obin_gam wrote:

thoughts?

I've spent many hours dreaming about a game like this. I'd like to see it played with forces the size of MAG.
To stop people from rushing and not care about dying I want a system that if you die, you need to make a new character, but hey that's probably my "HxC simulator" side talking.

I just feel like the mainstream would not like it seeing 90% of the game would be waiting and building plans of attack. I personally would love that, hence why I'm always a sniper in online games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/o101011o
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Oddly, I'd like a Postal style game - without bugs, and making do on the "psychological" aspect promised on the box. The only psychological element I can think of in Postal 2 is the fact that they try to annoy you into being an arsehole, and that doesn't quite cut it. I'll actually admit that Postal 2 with the AWP mod & expansion is a guilty pleasure, fun for blowing off steam. Yet my wife & I kind of played with the idea in our heads, it'd probably make the series doubly controversial but we imagined a game that profiles your killer actions (I.E. grades you as serial for a certain M.O. or a spree killer for going on a rampage) and a character that goes further of the deep end, having twisted nightmares and having the law actually come down upon you - adding tension to escaping from them, instead of just finding a hidden spot and hiding until the wanted bar goes away. We also pondered the idea of having that game in reverse - playing as a cop chasing down a randomly generated killer (I.E. the computer decides if they are serial or spree, whatever) but actually having to follow the law - or face the consequences of going vigilante and having the cops come after you as well. I just think it'd be kind of cool, but I doubt it'd ever happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:17 am

I'd also thought of a serial-killer simulation game, but sadly, you are right. It would be a thousand kinds of controversial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen   

Back to top Go down

video game concepts that would be awesome but couldn't happen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next