The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?

Go down 
+2
shadowdancer21b
bjohn268
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bjohn268

Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:00 am

I remember Brad talking about Manimal and I started to remember the old Action Pack TV moves back in the day. I remember that the Kevin Serbo "Hercules" series got it start there. I also remember they had a TekWar show with one of the guy from My Two Dads and BJ and the Bear.

But I also remember there was a lot of crap too. They did a remake of Smokey and the Bandit where instead of driving a Trans Am, Bandit drives a Mitsubishi 3000.

And the worst one was a remake of Knight Rider that took place in a Mad Max post apocalyptic world. I remember he drove a '80s Monte Carlo and Kitt wasn't a computer in the car but was the soul of his dead wife...or something like that.

I just think it might be fun for Brad as himself talking about this. Could be good for some laughs.
Back to top Go down
shadowdancer21b

shadowdancer21b

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am

I remember Action Pack. Those Hercules movies were very good I thought, if cheesy. I LOVED Vanishing Son. I thought that was a very good set of movies, but the series they attempted was horribly lame. Especially Ghost Wei-Goh. I even named a character in my Vampire: the Masquerade game after Wei-Goh (He's an Assamite ghoul for those keeping score at home). I would like to see the Snob's take on some of those flicks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.overlordnetwork.com
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Yes i Remember and Loved the Action Pack Bandit Movies, he drove a modified Dodge Stealth R/T (which i thought was the best fit for this show).

from what i do remember, the Bandit was not a remake of the burt reynold's movies, but rather, this was supposed to be the Son or distant nephew of Burt reynold's bandit.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
bjohn268

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 am

Thecigarsnob wrote:
Yes i Remember and Loved the Action Pack Bandit Movies, he drove a modified Dodge Stealth R/T (which i thought was the best fit for this show).

from what i do remember, the Bandit was not a remake of the burt reynold's movies, but rather, this was supposed to be the Son or distant nephew of Burt reynold's bandit.

See I thought he drove a Mitsubishi 3000. But both cars looked alike. Kind of like a Mitsubishi Ecplise and a Eagle Talon back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:20 am

This makes me thing of the UPN originals. There was Star Trek Voyager, which I actually liked, and then there was The Marker with Richard Greco(sp), and another show I think called Deadly Games about a VR game that gets zapped by McGuffin and becomes real. God it was so awesomely bad. I've looked everywhere for it to no avail. Major sadface!
Back to top Go down
MrBogey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:37 am

Yea, the original UPN line-up had some interesting shows. The VR one was pretty nifty and had Christopher Lloyd in it. Nowhere Man was a good attempt at a show with a mystery to it but they warped it in ways that would take nearly a decade for LOST to out do.

In regards to the Action pack, I remember most of them but don't recall specifically what was an what wasn't part of it as during the 90s there were several production companies trying to carve up niches on TV. PTEN (Babylon 5, Kung Fu: TLC, and Time Trax, and a few others) had moderate success which IIRC led to the WB being created. I think the Action Pack was aired on the independents that later became the WB and with their formation the Action Pack went to UPN stations.

I don't think we'll see a lot of the smaller shows like these on DVD because of rights. The companies that made them were collaborations or have been so passed around the legal rights are hamstrung. Tekwar was moderately popular and it took till this year to see it get a full DVD release.

My personal favorite from the 1990s was Super Force. Hell will freeze over before I ever see anything other than the series pilot on second hand VHS again.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 am

Wasn't Jack of all trades an Action Pack show?

Because that show was AWESOME and shame on everyone for not bringing up the Campbelly awesomeness already if I'm correct.
Back to top Go down
MrBogey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:07 am

Indeed it was along with Cleopatra 2525 IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?   Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone remember the "Action Pack" ?
Page 1 of 1