Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Admit to your Guilty Pleasures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Son Of Jack Deth

avatar

Posts : 411
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:52 am

I also love Texas Chainsaw 2. I am also a fan of The Fly 2, which no one seems to like.

Another guilty pleasure are the Resident Evil films. My favs are the first two as they flow the best into each other. But parts 3 and 4 really make little sense at all. I still enjoy them for what they are though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:52 am

I seem to be the only person out of my horror movie geek buddies who liked "Jason Takes Manhattan".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Tampa

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
I liked the first three movies in the Scary Movie franchise. There. I admitted it.

I was going to, but I was afraid to. Thanks for removing that fear.

No fear, it's what we're here for.

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Now for another one:

I'm no fan of the first two Guinea Pig movies, and when my wife suggested this one I very reluctantly sat through it. Strangely.... I enjoyed it. Thankfully this one isn't just torture/mutilation for 50 goddamned minutes, and is actually a dark dark dark dark dark dark dark dark dark dark comedy about a guy who wants to commit suicide, but can't feel pain and can't die and employes a bunch of people to try and kill him.

It's stupid.
It's poorly shot (While still pretty nasty, the gore isn't as churning as in the first two - about the only merit I can give them.)
It's fucked up.
It's weirdly hilarious.
I need to see me some Guinea Pig movies. I know the first two are nothing but torture...but I wager it's still more entertaining than Juno.

I take it you really don't like Juno. I never watched it, didn't really look appealing to me.

I'll say this, the second Guinea Pig is disturbing and raw enough to get a star of merit. The first film though is just boring as shit and pointless as all hell. "He Never Dies" is the only one I really liked. "Mermaid in a Manhole" was better as a manga. Never saw any of the others.
You'd be right in saying that Juno and I don't jive.

I've heard mixed views on...well, all of the Guinea Pig movies actually. I aim to give them a try, though, because in order to generate the following the have, there must be some appeal in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Cockatrice

avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

I actually like Street Fighter the movie. It is a fun movie for me to watch, and most of the off jokes make me laugh for some reason. Most of the fights aren't exactly amazing, but it feels like they actually tried. To me the movie feels like it has a lot of character. I have no taste....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AssimanDHI



Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Freddy Got Fingered is one of my all time favourite comedies. I don't really feel guilty about it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 28
Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
I actually like Street Fighter the movie. It is a fun movie for me to watch, and most of the off jokes make me laugh for some reason. Most of the fights aren't exactly amazing, but it feels like they actually tried. To me the movie feels like it has a lot of character. I have no taste....

Haha, it's okay. It's worth laughing at - my friends sometimes openly riff it. Plus Raoul Julia is great as always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I seem to be the only person out of my horror movie geek buddies who liked "Jason Takes Manhattan".
That's my favorite Friday movie. The chase through the boat and snack bar death is probably the coolest scene in a slasher film ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 28
Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:09 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
I seem to be the only person out of my horror movie geek buddies who liked "Jason Takes Manhattan".
That's my favorite Friday movie. The chase through the boat and snack bar death is probably the coolest scene in a slasher film ever.

I haven't seen that one yet, though I remember seeing a clip from a clipshow called "The Best of Jason" and I'm curious of the clip is from Jason Takes Manhattan. The clip isn't violent actually, but still lulzy - it has Jason walking down the streets of a city and comes across some noisy teens and their boombox. As he just strolls on, he kicks their boombox over and the music stops and the teens stop beatboxing or singing (I can't really remember which one they were doing) and look at Jason with dopey expressions. Was that one Jason Takes Manhattan?


AAAAAnd while I am here, another one I was afraid to admit to but shall do so now:



It has everything I hate about low brow comedies. Also, outside of "The Emperor's New Groove," I have not enjoyed David Spade on film (Some of his separate comedic acts made me laugh.) but for some reason or another, probably the retard section of my brain trying to stake at least some claim in my movie collection - I liked this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Tampa

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:


It has everything I hate about low brow comedies. Also, outside of "The Emperor's New Groove," I have not enjoyed David Spade on film (Some of his separate comedic acts made me laugh.) but for some reason or another, probably the retard section of my brain trying to stake at least some claim in my movie collection - I liked this one.
It's probably because Christopher Walken makes everything better. He even made the Country Bears movie almost watchable by merit of his presence as the antagonist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
I seem to be the only person out of my horror movie geek buddies who liked "Jason Takes Manhattan".
That's my favorite Friday movie. The chase through the boat and snack bar death is probably the coolest scene in a slasher film ever.

I haven't seen that one yet, though I remember seeing a clip from a clipshow called "The Best of Jason" and I'm curious of the clip is from Jason Takes Manhattan. The clip isn't violent actually, but still lulzy - it has Jason walking down the streets of a city and comes across some noisy teens and their boombox. As he just strolls on, he kicks their boombox over and the music stops and the teens stop beatboxing or singing (I can't really remember which one they were doing) and look at Jason with dopey expressions. Was that one Jason Takes Manhattan?

Yes, and it's great gag, too. We see the group in the opening montage from the exact same angle, and, by the end of the movie, right as we forget the set up, Jason comes in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

"I haven't seen that one yet, though I remember seeing a clip from a clipshow called "The Best of Jason" and I'm curious of the clip is from Jason Takes Manhattan. The clip isn't violent actually, but still lulzy - it has Jason walking down the streets of a city and comes across some noisy teens and their boombox. As he just strolls on, he kicks their boombox over and the music stops and the teens stop beatboxing or singing (I can't really remember which one they were doing) and look at Jason with dopey expressions."

Right, then they want to throw down with Jason, so Jason just turns to face them and takes off his mask, and suddenly, the teens are all "Whoa, whoa....it's cool man!" and race off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 28
Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
"I haven't seen that one yet, though I remember seeing a clip from a clipshow called "The Best of Jason" and I'm curious of the clip is from Jason Takes Manhattan. The clip isn't violent actually, but still lulzy - it has Jason walking down the streets of a city and comes across some noisy teens and their boombox. As he just strolls on, he kicks their boombox over and the music stops and the teens stop beatboxing or singing (I can't really remember which one they were doing) and look at Jason with dopey expressions."

Right, then they want to throw down with Jason, so Jason just turns to face them and takes off his mask, and suddenly, the teens are all "Whoa, whoa....it's cool man!" and race off.

Haha. Yeah. They should probably be veeeery thankful they got away with their lives... that just isn't something that happens too often around Jason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Tampa

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:36 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
"I haven't seen that one yet, though I remember seeing a clip from a clipshow called "The Best of Jason" and I'm curious of the clip is from Jason Takes Manhattan. The clip isn't violent actually, but still lulzy - it has Jason walking down the streets of a city and comes across some noisy teens and their boombox. As he just strolls on, he kicks their boombox over and the music stops and the teens stop beatboxing or singing (I can't really remember which one they were doing) and look at Jason with dopey expressions."

Right, then they want to throw down with Jason, so Jason just turns to face them and takes off his mask, and suddenly, the teens are all "Whoa, whoa....it's cool man!" and race off.

Haha. Yeah. They should probably be veeeery thankful they got away with their lives... that just isn't something that happens too often around Jason.
Maybe he felt remorseful because he just strolled up on them and wrecked their ghetto blaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : Puerto rico

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I seem to be the only person out of my horror movie geek buddies who liked "Jason Takes Manhattan".
lol i love Jason takes manhattan. I think the movies enterataing as hell i lol so hard when jason upercuts the guys head into a dumpster . also the scene with the punks and there boom box is classic. damn this sections making me wanna wacth so many movies again lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Hehe, right, when Julius the boxer kid punches Jason like 50 times....and Jason just uppercuts him one and takes his head off....PWNED!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Tampa

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:39 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Hehe, right, when Julius the boxer kid punches Jason like 50 times....and Jason just uppercuts him one and takes his head off....PWNED!
Stole Johnny Cage's Fatality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 28
Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 pm



It can't touch Rocky Horror (not in 80 billion years) but I actually enjoy Shock Treatment and like some of the music; as damn cheesy as it is. I loved the Shock Treatment references in the Snobs "Deathrow Gameshow" review Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:


It can't touch Rocky Horror (not in 80 billion years) but I actually enjoy Shock Treatment and like some of the music; as damn cheesy as it is. I loved the Shock Treatment references in the Snobs "Deathrow Gameshow" review Very Happy

Shocky's fantastic and extremely underrated. I'm glad Brad used references in the Deathrow Gameshow review, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 pm

"Shocky's fantastic and extremely underrated"

I second this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AssimanDHI



Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 25
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
"Shocky's fantastic and extremely underrated"

I second this.
I third it.

Shock Treatment is fantastic film, too bad they advertised it too closely to Rocky Horror, everyone expected a sequel...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

avatar

Posts : 411
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 am

My two favorite songs from Shock Treatment. Fun movie.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 28
Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 am

Yay I'm glad to know I'm amongst some other fans of Shock Treatment. Most boards I've been too just yell "IT WAS ROCKY HORROR CASH IN D:"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Yay I'm glad to know I'm amongst some other fans of Shock Treatment. Most boards I've been too just yell "IT WAS ROCKY HORROR CASH IN D:"

Those people are mistaken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:25 am

AssimanDHI wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
"Shocky's fantastic and extremely underrated"

I second this.
I third it.

Shock Treatment is fantastic film, too bad they advertised it too closely to Rocky Horror, everyone expected a sequel...
Yeah. It's an entirely different film, and that's a good thing; Rocky tied everything up well. That, and you can't beat Bert Schnick as a character. Barry Humphires is incredible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
AssimanDHI wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
"Shocky's fantastic and extremely underrated"

I second this.
I third it.

Shock Treatment is fantastic film, too bad they advertised it too closely to Rocky Horror, everyone expected a sequel...
Yeah. It's an entirely different film, and that's a good thing; Rocky tied everything up well. That, and you can't beat Bert Schnick as a character. Barry Humphires is incredible.

Again, i second this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   

Back to top Go down
 
Admit to your Guilty Pleasures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» •News about Monsanto Guilty Poisoning - YES, ABOUT TIME
» BREAKING: Final Wednesday FBI Hearing Just Finished, Comey Guilty of Treason
» Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder of daughter
» Brokers admit SEC rules only 20% of the market’s problem
» Lankan pleads guilty to insider trading, handed 18-month prison term

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: Theater of Blood-
Jump to: