HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Admit to your Guilty Pleasures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:06 am

Cute cat videos on Youtube and I don't care who knows, I'm sick of hiding it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:26 am

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Cute cat videos on Youtube and I don't care who knows, I'm sick of hiding it!!!!

You should be ashamed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:

You should be ashamed!

Here is my counter argument:

http://youtu.be/2mNB_VG_shc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 pm

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:

You should be ashamed!

Here is my counter argument:

http://youtu.be/2mNB_VG_shc

And here is mine:

... also, cute cat videos are awesome. exploding ones are fun too. I love Cute Things Exploding, they're both terrible and hilarious.

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The World Is Not Enough, to me, had a lot of disappointing potential to be a lot better. Elektra made for a great villain, the direction was great, and there were some truly impacting scenes that are pretty rare for a Bond film, let alone Pierce Brosnan. If only the action was better (a huge step down from Tomorrow Never Dies, imo), and Renard made more of an impression. And Denise Richards. Also, the story could have been great, but ended up being a little too convoluted.

As for my Bond Guilty Pleasures:

Live And Let Die
The Man With The Golden Gun
A View to a Kill (Actually, I don't like it, but Zorin and May Day are just too damn awesome for me not to have a bit of a soft spot)

I barely remember Tomorrow Never Dies; but GoldenEye and The World is Not Enough have a soft spot in my hearts as the most nostalgic Bond films for me. GoldenEye since it was my first Bond on video, plus for some reason I remember my mums face when she saw that I had got a copy of it. She didn't want me watching Bond movies at the time, but I suppose I can't blame her in retrospect for one reason; at the time the only Bond movie she had seen was "License to Kill." When she saw how tame GoldenEye was in comparison she opened up to the idea more, and The World is not Enough came out about a year later and I had turned into a little Bond fan at the time - like I said, it was exciting for me to finally see one on the big screen.

I haven't seen The Man with the Golden Gun yet (Though I've read it.) but I've seen Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill. They were alright. My memory is kind of vague on them. Also, is it creepy that I found May Day/Grace Jones attractive in some weird way? I have this thing about strength, not necessarily muscles but women that kick ass in general.

I haven't seen all the Bond films yet, and I've found something to enjoy about most of the ones I've seen - the only one that ever pissed me off though althrougout (Well, with the exception of Q who was awesome all the time.) was Moonraker. In fact, Moonraker holds the honor of being the first movie I nerd raged over as a kid - in particular the way they handled Jaws. When I was a kid, Jaws scared the fuck out of me. When I saw he was in Moonraker, I was like "OH NOES D:" and then when I saw they turned him into a Klutz, I got annoyed. The nerd rage occurred when he teamed up with Bond. Seriously, my first Nerd rage as a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:03 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
I barely remember Tomorrow Never Dies; but GoldenEye and The World is Not Enough have a soft spot in my hearts as the most nostalgic Bond films for me. GoldenEye since it was my first Bond on video, plus for some reason I remember my mums face when she saw that I had got a copy of it. She didn't want me watching Bond movies at the time, but I suppose I can't blame her in retrospect for one reason; at the time the only Bond movie she had seen was "License to Kill." When she saw how tame GoldenEye was in comparison she opened up to the idea more, and The World is not Enough came out about a year later and I had turned into a little Bond fan at the time - like I said, it was exciting for me to finally see one on the big screen.

Goldeneye's a great one too. That, and Tomorrow Never Dies will always be very nostalgic for me. I had some sort of a strange obsession with Wai Lin as a kid that I'm not proud of (which is strange, since I think she's one of the worst Bond girls in the series nowadays). Nowadays, my only obsessions are Xenia, Vesper, Melina, Tracy, May Day, Pam, and Elektra.

UnknownKadath wrote:
I haven't seen The Man with the Golden Gun yet (Though I've read it.) but I've seen Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill. They were alright. My memory is kind of vague on them. Also, is it creepy that I found May Day/Grace Jones attractive in some weird way? I have this thing about strength, not necessarily muscles but women that kick ass in general.

I can see how most people wouldn't like The Man With the Golden Gun, but I'd recommend it if you like cheesiness, Roger Moore, and midgets.

As much as I'm obsessed with May Day, she still creeps me out when I see her. Also, she lost all of her attractiveness when 56-year-old Roger Moore seduced her.

UnknownKadath wrote:
I haven't seen all the Bond films yet, and I've found something to enjoy about most of the ones I've seen - the only one that ever pissed me off though althrougout (Well, with the exception of Q who was awesome all the time.) was Moonraker. In fact, Moonraker holds the honor of being the first movie I nerd raged over as a kid - in particular the way they handled Jaws. When I was a kid, Jaws scared the fuck out of me. When I saw he was in Moonraker, I was like "OH NOES D:" and then when I saw they turned him into a Klutz, I got annoyed. The nerd rage occurred when he teamed up with Bond. Seriously, my first Nerd rage as a kid.

I actually liked Jaws in Moonraker back when I was a kid. In fact, him turning into a good guy doesn't bother me as much as him falling in love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Goldeneye's a great one too. That, and Tomorrow Never Dies will always be very nostalgic for me. I had some sort of a strange obsession with Wai Lin as a kid that I'm not proud of (which is strange, since I think she's one of the worst Bond girls in the series nowadays). Nowadays, my only obsessions are Xenia, Vesper, Melina, Tracy, May Day, Pam, and Elektra.

UnknownKadath wrote:

I can see how most people wouldn't like The Man With the Golden Gun, but I'd recommend it if you like cheesiness, Roger Moore, and midgets.

As much as I'm obsessed with May Day, she still creeps me out when I see her. Also, she lost all of her attractiveness when 56-year-old Roger Moore seduced her.

Maybe just for that scene. Honestly Roger Moore seducing anything is an image one had to kind of get used to; even though he was in some good ones, I don't see how he could've ever been seen as "Handsome and suave."

I don't mind some cheesiness, but if it descends into Moonraker style insanity I might get annoyed.

UnknownKadath wrote:

I actually liked Jaws in Moonraker back when I was a kid. In fact, him turning into a good guy doesn't bother me as much as him falling in love.[/quote]

Yeah that was pretty bad too; but him teaming up with Bond was the scene where I lost my shit and pretty much just expected it to go downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Oh man, I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III when I was a kid. I somehow doubt I would enjoy it today though, nostalgia can't really carry a film in my case.

After some thinking, I finally found my guilty pleasure movie, something that I'm kind of ashamed to admit I like : Rob Schneider's Big Stan.

It seems like nobody can stand Rob Schneider and while I don't particularly like the guy, I've never understood why he was hated that much, I can think of so many comedians more obnoxious than him. So yeah, Big Stan, directed and produced by Schneider, starring Schneider. It's a dumb comedy, but I've enjoyed it like no other film of it's kind, it made me laugh, I liked Rob in it, David Carradine was just freaking cool and it felt like it genuinely had heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
Oh man, I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III when I was a kid. I somehow doubt I would enjoy it today though, nostalgia can't really carry a film in my case.

After some thinking, I finally found my guilty pleasure movie, something that I'm kind of ashamed to admit I like : Rob Schneider's Big Stan.

It seems like nobody can stand Rob Schneider and while I don't particularly like the guy, I've never understood why he was hated that much, I can think of so many comedians more obnoxious than him. So yeah, Big Stan, directed and produced by Schneider, starring Schneider. It's a dumb comedy, but I've enjoyed it like no other film of it's kind, it made me laugh, I liked Rob in it, David Carradine was just freaking cool and it felt like it genuinely had heart.

Rob Schneider seems like he has some talent, but I think it's more the roles he picks that end up making him really annoying. The weird thing is - I almost never like him in a starring role, yet some of the side characters he played in some of the Adam Sandler movies and a few other side roles he took made me chuckle.

Speaking of Adam Sandler, you can chalk a few of his movies up to being guilty pleasures. People look at me funny when I say I don't like a lot of the modern American comedies, then find out I have a soft spot for certain Adam Sandler flicks. There are some I can't stand (Zohan, 8 Crazy Nights, I now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry... those sucked.) but a few that I like; such as...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:05 am

Dose anyone else here love Phone Booth?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:16 am

I liked Phone Booth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Rob Schneider seems like he has some talent, but I think it's more the roles he picks that end up making him really annoying. The weird thing is - I almost never like him in a starring role, yet some of the side characters he played in some of the Adam Sandler movies and a few other side roles he took made me chuckle.

Maybe the fact that I don't mind him has something to do with that, Big Stan is the only Rob Schneider flick I've seen where he was the lead, so I don't know how annoying he is in Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, for example. I liked him a lot in Knock Off, though and he had a pretty big role in that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

Bangkok Dangerous -
Solid fucking Nick Cage movie, so if you want to see Nick Cage kill everyone then I recommend it. Then again if your a Nick Cage fan like me then you've prob already seen it haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Tommy Wiseau on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I saw Moon. It was good. I'm not sure what else to say.

Oh, and The Big Lebowski for the second time. The first time I saw it, it was enjoyable - this time, it was highly enjoyable.

Wrong thread, Tommy.

Oh, and while I'm here -

For some reason, most of the people I know all say this is a rip off of Shaun of the Dead and Stubbs the Zombie. I still haven't seen Shaun that yet (Need to..) but from what I've heard about it, I don't understand how it's a rip off other than "It's a comedy with zombies." I can see why people compare it to Stubbs in its retro-future setting, but again quite different. But fuck them anyways, this movie is awesome. It's probably my favourite zombie comedy after BrainDead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:07 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Oh, and The Big Lebowski for the second time. The first time I saw it, it was enjoyable - this time, it was highly enjoyable.

Wrong thread, Tommy.

Oh, and while I'm here -

For some reason, most of the people I know all say this is a rip off of Shaun of the Dead and Stubbs the Zombie. I still haven't seen Shaun that yet (Need to..) but from what I've heard about it, I don't understand how it's a rip off other than "It's a comedy with zombies." I can see why people compare it to Stubbs in its retro-future setting, but again quite different. But fuck them anyways, this movie is awesome. It's probably my favourite zombie comedy after BrainDead.

First off, you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead...GET ON THAT NOW!!! Second, I can see where people are coming from with the rip-off angle, but that's misguided. It's totally not. It borrows one aspect from Shaun and makes it the starting off point, after that it is it's own movie and I really liked it too.

Moon was fantastic too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Wrong thread, Tommy.

Oh, and while I'm here -

First off, you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead...GET ON THAT NOW!!! Second, I can see where people are coming from with the rip-off angle, but that's misguided. It's totally not. It borrows one aspect from Shaun and makes it the starting off point, after that it is it's own movie and I really liked it too.

Moon was fantastic too.

Yeah I mentioned I hadn't seen "Shaun" in the confessions thread. The idiotic thing about it is I can't find a rental store here that has a copy, and it never shows on TV. Not even the rental store I work at ever has a copy, and our rental store makes a point of having everything (Classics, trash, foreign, indie) you think that such a popular movie would be easy to find. The only reason I think it's hard to find in the main rental stores is because of that stupid clean flix store, which replaced 99% of the rental stores in a radius that would require a 5 hour drive to get out of and I'm not making a 5 hour drive to a Blockbuster. Along with Casablanca, I'm thinking of breaking my rule of nevar pirate since I always hear great things about them. Sad

Curiosity, what aspect does it borrow from Shaun other than zombies/comedy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:09 pm

TheCinemaCynic wrote:
Bangkok Dangerous -
Solid fucking Nick Cage movie, so if you want to see Nick Cage kill everyone then I recommend it. Then again if your a Nick Cage fan like me then you've prob already seen it haha.

Crap wrong thread -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 am

TheCinemaCynic wrote:
TheCinemaCynic wrote:
Bangkok Dangerous -

Crap wrong thread -.-

Heh, Tommy made the mistake. I actually didn't catch that yous was though since you didn't use the "Just watched" or "Saw" context plus I know Bangkok Dangerous was a mixed reception, so I thought maybe it was added to this thread.

Though to briefly respond to you out of context for this thread and in context with the "Just watched" thread, I haven't seen the Cage version. I wasn't too interested in it mainly because I didn't think the original Chinese version was anything special; but what interest I had in the American version was Cage. I'm actually kind of "eh" on straight action movies but usually to be interested in them they have to have a star I think is kick ass, and Nic Cage can be pretty fucking kick ass. I might watch it sometime if I'm bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am

I Am a Knock Off wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Maybe the fact that I don't mind him has something to do with that, Big Stan is the only Rob Schneider flick I've seen where he was the lead, so I don't know how annoying he is in Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, for example. I liked him a lot in Knock Off, though and he had a pretty big role in that one.

The first Deuce Bigalow actually wasn't *that* bad, in fact I kind of liked it; not enough to induct into this thread (I feel that for it to be a guilty pleasure, I have to like it enough to own it on DVD or tape or w/e and watch it more than once. I'll probably never watch Deuce Bigalow 1 again unless I'm really bored.) but I smiled a bit. The second one though.... I actually couldn't get through the second one. I was at a drive in with my younger cousins, and I wasn't too thrilled about seeing "Herbie Fully Loaded" and said "fuck it" and tuned into Deuce Bigalow 2 for about a half hour, that was enough for me to twist my attention to Herbie. Sweet release. Plus at least the other movie we saw that night was The Incredibles. That was fun.

After thinking about it, I think the main problem with Schneider is that he often relies on a gimmick character (The Hot Chick, The Animal, even Deuce Bigalow in a way), shows all the schtick in the trailer, then in the movie tries to pad it out with all the schtick you already saw. They actually parodied that formula pretty well on South Park when they did fake trailers for Schneider roles such as "The Carrot," "The Stapler," and of course the meme producing "Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Wrong thread, Tommy.

Oh, and while I'm here -

Moon was fantastic too.

Yeah I mentioned I hadn't seen "Shaun" in the confessions thread. The idiotic thing about it is I can't find a rental store here that has a copy, and it never shows on TV. Not even the rental store I work at ever has a copy, and our rental store makes a point of having everything (Classics, trash, foreign, indie) you think that such a popular movie would be easy to find. The only reason I think it's hard to find in the main rental stores is because of that stupid clean flix store, which replaced 99% of the rental stores in a radius that would require a 5 hour drive to get out of and I'm not making a 5 hour drive to a Blockbuster. Along with Casablanca, I'm thinking of breaking my rule of nevar pirate since I always hear great things about them. Sad

Curiosity, what aspect does it borrow from Shaun other than zombies/comedy?

Well, I'll tell you as long as you realize it may ruin parts of the movie for you. The part is the very end of the movie:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
TheCinemaCynic wrote:
TheCinemaCynic wrote:
Bangkok Dangerous -

Crap wrong thread -.-

Heh, Tommy made the mistake. I actually didn't catch that yous was though since you didn't use the "Just watched" or "Saw" context plus I know Bangkok Dangerous was a mixed reception, so I thought maybe it was added to this thread.

Though to briefly respond to you out of context for this thread and in context with the "Just watched" thread, I haven't seen the Cage version. I wasn't too interested in it mainly because I didn't think the original Chinese version was anything special; but what interest I had in the American version was Cage. I'm actually kind of "eh" on straight action movies but usually to be interested in them they have to have a star I think is kick ass, and Nic Cage can be pretty fucking kick ass. I might watch it sometime if I'm bored.

I guess it could fit in this thread to, I made the post at 2am right before I went to sleep lol.

I haven't seen the Chinese version and honestly, I wouldn't have even watched this if it wasn't for Nick Cage. And I know what you mean about action movies, I'm the same way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:08 pm

I understand why a lot of people don't like this film (The unpleasant story/atmosphere, the formless plot, slow pacing, etc.) but those are the reasons I kind of like it. It's far from Gilliam's best but I found it an interesting film, the atmosphere is quite unique and I find it a very haunting and strangely familiar (The setting, anyways) picture. I also think Ferland actually did a good job in it, a lot better than she did in Silent Hill/Case... whatever number it was, I can't remember. The one Phelous reviewed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micro4

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:23 pm

I feel absolutely terrible for admitting this.

Bushwhacked (1995)

IMDB

A movie with daniel stern running from the authorities with a boy-scout troop, obviously hilarity in-sues.
But one of my favorite movie lines comes from this movie.

"Hey spider, we just pissed on some guys head!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vwsmedia.co.nr
cyberdalek

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 am

Hey don't feel too bad. That was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I haven't seen it in a few years though but I like it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tykittaa

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 am

I still love The Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admit to your Guilty Pleasures   

Back to top Go down

Admit to your Guilty Pleasures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top