The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Golden Ninja Warrior

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Golden Ninja Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:47 am

Three months was worth the wait! That ending fight scene was glorious. I've never laughed so hard!

Great work on this series, Brad. It always delivers, and makes the kung fu fan in me smile. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:55 am

I just watched Ninja Terminator like a day before this review, and I really enjoyed this episode. Kung Tai Ted has always been my favorite show of Brad. I do like how he makes fun of himself for being slow to releasing another.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 am

I think I actually know where the fight scene in Golden Ninja Warrior was shot. In Tawain, there used to be an abandoned resort town called San Zhi, which had the distinct UFO-shaped buildings seen in the movie. It was intended to attract vacationing U.S. military officers stationed in the Far East. Construction began in 1978, but was abandoned after a series of mysterious, fatal accidents occurred on the sight. The government never released the details of the accidents, or even how many workers were killed, because apparently in Taiwan the government can get away with that shit. The whole damn thing is shrouded in secrecy, and naturally, the locals refused to go anywhere near the damned place.

Here's what they looked like more recently:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

In 2008, the place was leveled to make way for a new construction project, presumably funded by an eccentric millionaire who wants to put a housing development there to see if he can recreate the movie Poltergeist in real life.

But I'm kind of rambling, aren't I? My apologies.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:31 am

The Dude wrote:
I think I actually know where the fight scene in Golden Ninja Warrior was shot. In Tawain, there used to be an abandoned resort town called San Zhi, which had the distinct UFO-shaped buildings seen in the movie. It was intended to attract vacationing U.S. military officers stationed in the Far East. Construction began in 1978, but was abandoned after a series of mysterious, fatal accidents occurred on the sight. The government never released the details of the accidents, or even how many workers were killed, because apparently in Taiwan the government can get away with that shit. The whole damn thing is shrouded in secrecy, and naturally, the locals refused to go anywhere near the damned place.

In 2008, the place was leveled to make way for a new construction project, presumably funded by an eccentric millionaire who wants to put a housing development there to see if he can recreate the movie Poltergeist in real life.

Nice find, that does indeed look like the place that this fight was shot in. What a strange idea for a building.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Nice find, that does indeed look like the place that this fight was shot in. What a strange idea for a building.
Well, it was the late 70's, so I guess I can cut them some slack.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:19 pm

The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Ah the 70s, when buldings looked how the people felt.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

People felt like their internal organs were coated in cheap Norwegian pine?
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:59 am

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I would say furnished with lead paint but cheap Norwigian pine explains so much more.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:31 am

Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I would say furnished with lead paint but cheap Norwigian pine explains so much more.
It does not explain, however, why even their Atari's were paneled with wood, as though we were meant to think they had been hand carved from electric pine.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:39 pm

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

It does not explain, however, why even their Atari's were paneled with wood, as though we were meant to think they had been hand carved from electric pine.
"So natural it HAS to be grown." First joke that popped into my mind, but then I realize that everything should be wood paneled for that extra umph to make the fung shui flow.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:28 am

Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

"So natural it HAS to be grown." First joke that popped into my mind, but then I realize that everything should be wood paneled for that extra umph to make the fung shui flow.
And so that John Lennon can sing about burning your house down.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:47 am

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I'm sure he'd fill it with enough crashing cars and duck noises with Yoko to make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:04 am

Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I'm sure he'd fill it with enough crashing cars and duck noises with Yoko to make it interesting.
Nah, Yoko wouldn't be in on it, just George and his sitar.
Back to top Go down
Azarias Kale

Azarias Kale

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:21 am

The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Then we all need to be on a nice and mellow LSD high and stroking the wood paneling... my God, that's why the wood paneling: makes for great drug talks.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:53 am

Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Azarias Kale wrote:
The Dude wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Then we all need to be on a nice and mellow LSD high and stroking the wood paneling... my God, that's why the wood paneling: makes for great drug talks.
man...I feel so in tune with nature...it's like I'm sitting in the great Ikea Forrest...
Back to top Go down
bigass

bigass

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:15 pm

The movie is called Golden Ninjer Warrior Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Ninja Warrior   Golden Ninja Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Ninja Warrior
Page 1 of 1