The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?

Go down 
+7
wildhoney66
Skibz
Second Hand Store
Son Of Jack Deth
IAKO
Frank Rizzo
UnknownKadath
11 posters
AuthorMessage
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 am

Does anyone remember this show? I absolutely love it. My childhood memories are pretty vague seeing as I was VERY young when it aired, but I did remember that I watched it with my mum - and a few years back, I got the box set. It's a really fun show. It stars Bruce Campbell and is a send up to old cliffhanger westerns, and the writing is actually really damn good. The characters are a lot of fun and so were the scenarios and ideas, it also did have a good over-arching plotline that appeared once in awhile. It's a shame it all ended early, apparently to make way for The X-Files. I loved the X-Files, but I would've rather Brisco County go on. Sad

So yeah, anyone else remember this show?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:55 am

Everything with Bruce Campbell I look forward to watching.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:34 am

Never heard of it, but it actually sounds really good. And since it's only 27 episodes, I think I know which show I'm gonna watch next. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 am

Lots of fun. Also enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:02 am

Oh man, I used to love that show.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I grew up on the syndicated re-runs of that show. It was probably my favorite TV show as a kid and a huge part of helping fuel my interest in sci-fi/cult media. It also introduced me to 'The Wild Wild West', which is another one of my all-time favorite TV series.

Here's the kicker: 'Brisco' was actually my first exposure to Bruce Campbell, before I had ever seen 'Evil Dead'. So, not only have I always mentally associated him with Brisco rather than Ash, but since I also grew up watching 'Xena' and 'Jack of All Trades', I've never instinctively associated him with horror/cult movies. It was weird watching 'Evil Dead' for the first time during the time when I was taping 'Brisco' every Saturday morning. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

oh i love this show. it really pissed me the fuck off when it got cancelled. but than i'm a huge 'Bruce Cambell" fan as well
Back to top Go down
Kayna

Kayna

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 am

I fuckin love Brisco County Jr. When I was a kid, my whole family would watch this show. And come on, Bruce Campbell facing off against Billy Drago? Yes please. That's why I now own it and encourage others to check it out. And I just realized that almost all of the TV shows I've got on DVD have under 30 episodes. Why do they cancel all of my favorites so quickly?

So in summay...
Love it. Own it. So should you.

Last edited by Kayna on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:16 pm

at some point i plan to. but here's the thing in the past they had it for sale like up to i believe $80! bucks! SERIOUSLY i love th show buuuut NOT that much. yes i realize it's far cheaper now. but i've got a shitload of other shows i haven't gotten around to finish buying for or started to buy for.

like "Law & order' i own the first 5 seasons but not ones that have since been released. oh well ya know? great show & by this i mean the home show. plus i don't have any SVU yet. but i do have seasons 1 & 2 of "Criminal Intent"

another show i need to finish is "Lost In Space" that's my favorite show of all time. i have seasons 2 & 3 but NOT season 1 yet. No one thing that REALLY pisses me off is the blu-ray prices for tv shows. they are just to fucking high. more people own blu-ray players now so they can lower them anytime soon ya know?
Back to top Go down
CasioArgento

CasioArgento

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
oh i love this show. it really pissed me the fuck off when it got cancelled. but than i'm a huge 'Bruce Cambell" fan as well
Same here! Wink
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:20 pm

I actually just scored the complete series on DVD for $14. Gonna go watch some Brisco.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 am

NICE i remember when they 1st put out on dvd it was like get this $80 buck or so! for i forget how many episodes and a tv show that a LOT of people have forgot about. and it was a WTF? i love the show but NOT that much. i have yet to get around to buy it though.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:06 am

I dont remenber when it was on but i did watch it online back in 9th grade lol. its a good show but i enjoy Jack of all trades and Burn notice more. Shows that featured Bruce Campell that does have alot of nostalgia for me would be Hercules and Zena.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 am

jack of trades i don't really remember if i saw that one or not? love burn notice though.

of his tv shows i think brisco is my favorite one. i love how in his audio commtary on the version i have of 'the evil dead'

bruce aplogizes for his bad acting in it. it's funny as hell. i was in 8th grade i think? when it 1st came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?   Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone remember The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.?
Page 1 of 1