The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"World Games" episode

Go down 
+13
IAKO
yakityyakblah
ermac
Entertainer13
Mondo a Go-Go
moonsknight
Eckertmania
LucasChad
Frank Rizzo
relauby
Archvile78
A Cockatrice
Conan the Librarian
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

"World Games" episode Empty
PostSubject: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 pm

LOL! There were some great jokes in this episode.

Choosing Russia, the 20 years of Olympics = some weed and a broken knee, pistols at noon......

I love where the character is going.

GREAT EPISODE. Anybody?
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I liked this episode a lot. To me it had all the strengths the last episode had while listening to fan/community criticisms. The toning down on the soundtrack and on R.O.B. made the episode come across way easier to me. Were the first episode had me split on if I will like this series, this episode sealed the deal that I will be watching 80's Dan periodically.
Back to top Go down
Archvile78

Archvile78

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm

An even better episode then the pilot. Its also a proof Brad listen to his fanbase. (i never doubted mind you) This new serie's got lots of potential seeing he not only cover tv show from the 80's but also gaming so, there's a vast amount of stuff he could come up with.

After this episode for some reason i told to myself. "how would it be if 80's Dan and 90's kid met"
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I agree with everyone else, this episode was a massive improvement over the previous one, mostly because of the toned down ROB and soundtrack. Although, I did kind of like that Brad was reviewing a video game. I was more interested in that than I was in Automan, so I liked the episode better.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Another very excellent episode. Very well done Brad.
Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 pm

My favorite part is the trailer break showing the trailer for Hot to Trot. I never heard of this movie, but the DVD is only available at Warner's DVD Shop under the Warner Archive Collection.
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 pm

LucasChad wrote:
My favorite part is the trailer break showing the trailer for Hot to Trot. I never heard of this movie, but the DVD is only available at Warner's DVD Shop under the Warner Archive Collection.

Yeah, real popular on HBO and even Comedy Central back in the day. Tons of big names in the movie. Got it on VHS baby.

Worth the watch. Aged of course so, bear with it.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Dug the episode. Keep it up, man.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
moonsknight

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:57 pm

LucasChad wrote:

Definitely loved the ad break and I hope he keeps that in the episodes to come.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 pm

I too liked the ad break, and it was a great choice for a movie trailer to be shown, very underrated movie.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Great episode! The intro feels more complete, coherent, and 80s-y, and as an 80s advertised nerd I would love to see more gags like the McDLT bit and the Hot for Trot spot. I also like the nuances in the laugh track; there's applause and more excited applause, for example. The bloopers at the end were also great.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 am

I am torn. I preferred the Automan material, but this episode was so polished! This series is pretty strong. I'm gonna wait for a third or fourth now, and see where this goes before anymore major constructive crticism. king
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
ermac

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:54 am

Great episode. I think the series will come along nicely. The first one felt a bit too forced(dunno if that was the point), but this one was a huge improvement. Way to go Brad & crew Smile
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:56 am

This is a pretty clear example of how much of an advantage taking criticism gives you. Already everything is tighter, more polished, and just works better. And as a bonus said critics are going to be more receptive just because they know they're being heard. Great job, really excited to see where this series goes.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:26 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
This is a pretty clear example of how much of an advantage taking criticism gives you.
Constructive criticism, that is!

I'm just echoing what has already been said, but : loved it!
Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 am

Now that was really good and funny. The first episode of any new show always has growing pains (no 80s pun intended...although it does work) - it's to be expected. But one thing I've seen from this and other projects Brad and his crew have made is that the learning curve is really fast, and it doesn't take them long to hit a decent stride on anything. Add to that the million different things you can do with this character and this premise, and the possibilities are endless.

BTW, wouldn't the show take a really dark turn if Mr Crabtree suddenly and mysteriously turned up missing? You could even try to work in a Don't Answer the Phone reference or two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulexo.com
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Excellent episode, less laugh track which was good to see, and a lot more polish. I can easily see this becoming my fav show on the site. Well done Brad.
Back to top Go down
KIN

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 am

This episode was a great improvement over the first 80s Dan, and since I remember playing World Games it was quite a treat to watch.

I have a feeling the nostalgia content in this series is going to make it one of my favorites on the site.
Back to top Go down
RashFree

RashFree

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

Here, just use this underopened leather.
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:56 pm

"My.....My letter...........He's going to wipe his ass with my letter............"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "World Games" episode   "World Games" episode Empty

Back to top Go down

"World Games" episode
Page 1 of 1