Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rudiger

PostSubject: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:46 am

If yes what's in it.

Mine has:
- Vuvuzela
- Latest spoken word cd of Charles Manson
- Cheap bottle of mulled wine ( wine gets better when it ages right? )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 am

A vuvuzela?

*shakes head* It's like you want to make enemies 50 years into the future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:28 am

Not really, but I can definitely see myself selling all my old SNES/N64 games when I need to. I have some decently rare ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudiger

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
A vuvuzela?

*shakes head* It's like you want to make enemies 50 years into the future...

They won't know what hit them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 am

The vuvuzela has taught me that the only note worth playing is a B flat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 am

Rudiger wrote:
Good wine does. Cheap wine not so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudiger

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 pm

The Dude wrote:
Rudiger wrote:
Good wine does. Cheap wine not so much.

I will have to jag up the price then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
The vuvuzela has taught me that the only note worth playing is a B flat.
I always did like Bb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm a collector/pack-rat. I could stuff a lot of things into a "Sell on the internet in 50 years" box, but I probably won't.

Probably my most valuable collection is also my favourite - my vinyl collection. I want to own every vinyl ever manufactured, and I have several rare vinyls - for example, did you know that "The White Album" from The Beatles wasn't always so white? I've got a copy of the original cover, and let's just say it's weird as hell.

I also have a collection of WWII era uniforms and masks. It helps a LOT that my grandfather fought in the war since that would be a very expensive collection. Some of the stuff has certainly worn down in the test of time, but other things are in great condition. Although most of them are modern - I also have a collection of military gas masks.

If I had to sell them, it'd only be if we were in dire straits. My definition of dire straits, by the way, is living inside a thimble. I know it's stupid but I have a hard time parting with my silly collections.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Roman Polanskis Pirates. On swedish VHS... since no-one likes the movie (except for me I think) everyone will have tossed their copy away in the future so my copy will be like the 2050 versions of the Hunchback of the Morgue rental-vhs-copy in collectors eyes Cool

I also have a bottle of the first batch of the first swedish single malt whisky, which I dont really know will get a better or worse taste if I store it in 50 years... but its a fun thing I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:08 am

UnknownKadath wrote:

Probably my most valuable collection is also my favourite - my vinyl collection. I want to own every vinyl ever manufactured, and I have several rare vinyls - for example, did you know that "The White Album" from The Beatles wasn't always so white? I've got a copy of the original cover, and let's just say it's weird as hell.

I have a copy of the original Abbey Road vinyl which doesn't include Her Majesty in the track listing. It also lists both sides as side one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 am

I've got a couple of things I hope will appreciate in value, come to think of it.

I have a Boba Fett figurine from the Star Wars Titanium Series autographed by Jeremy Bullouch.

I have a first edition Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House LP; a Haunted Mansion Promo record form 1964.

The Story and Song From The Haunted Mansion, another Haunted Mansion promo record from 1969.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

I have a copy of the original Abbey Road vinyl which doesn't include Her Majesty in the track listing. It also lists both sides as side one.

Awesome. I have a thing for finding covers that were edited, changed, etc. (Even when I genuinely don't agree with them - like Virgin Killer) which is probably why I'm proud of having the not-so-white-white-album-cover. Plus I like to imagine showing it to Fran Drescher when she uses the blank white cover as an argument against poor ol' Spinal Tap... I know she's just an actress in a movie shuddap.

I have to say though, being a Pink Floyd fan - the vinyl that I treasure the most (Though having it passed down also made it special) is a copy of the original UK edition of "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" signed by the entire band - including Mr. Barret, which is apparently a damn rare find since he didn't tour with them for much longer than he played with them. She wouldn't part with it, but my mum also has a photograph from one of their earliest concerts where I presume is where she had the album signed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box   

Back to top Go down

Do you have an "sell-on-the-internet-in-50-years" box
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1