The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film

Go down 
+7
Faceless
A Cockatrice
ParaPraxis
Tobbii
guudermann
UnholyMephistopheles
joeybucks
11 posters
AuthorMessage
joeybucks

joeybucks

Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film Empty
PostSubject: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 am

By far my favourite Brad Jones's film, perhaps even one of my favourite comedies of all time. Even though all the jokes are for a different generation, I could still connect with each character so well; each gamer regardless of their generation can relate to the characters. Besides as an Angry Video Game Nerd fan as well I managed to get the jokes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:56 am

i agree and what a romantic way to win the heart of the gamer girl then a custers revenge party
Back to top Go down
guudermann

guudermann

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

UnholyMephistopheles wrote:
i agree and what a romantic way to win the heart of the gamer girl then a custers revenge party

There's few things more romantic than Custer's Revenge Wink

I'll have to agree, my favourite of Brad's films I've seen thus far, at least writing-wise. I was kinda bugged by the camerawork at first but actually, the amateurishness of it is pretty fitting to the theme of the film. The characters and acting in Game Boys are top-notch.
Back to top Go down
http://jbsrandomthoughts.wordpress.com
Tobbii

Tobbii

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I love Game Boys, but there are some people (Won't name anyone) who reeaally couldn't act at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sirtobbii.blogspot.com
ParaPraxis

ParaPraxis

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 am

Not really a main part of the movie but I loved the way that they made up new ways to play old games like Goldeneye. Me and my buddies used to do that back in the day. Kind of a shame that modern games don't really lend themselves to that kind of thing anymore.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 am

The film wasn't my favorite. It was probably due to me hating romantic comedies. It did have its funny moments however, and I never felt the urge to turn it off.
Back to top Go down
Faceless

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm

I love brads work, but I'm not watching this one until it gets a bluray release
Back to top Go down
ZeroCalo

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

I've watched all of Brads movies, including his short series Hooker. (I would like to see more shorts)
But this, has to be his best movie--maybe it just just me. But I don't know, I had so much fun watching it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Acobjum

Acobjum

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:08 am

I loved this movie. It esp. speaks out to me as a gamer.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Well I finally got around to watching it and I must agree with most people: it simply is a good movie! It manages to glue viewers to their seats even with a simple story, limited budget and lack of '' professional '' actors. And if a movie can do that, you know it's good. I'm glad to be on board and see your film-making career progress Brad, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Alyxx

Alyxx

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Watched it a while ago with a friend. Had a good time with all the references.
Back to top Go down
http://alyxxgameroom.blogspot.no
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film   Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Boys: a BRILLIANT Film
Page 1 of 1