The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla! ゴジラ!

Go down 
+5
PCDOS
tonythe chosen
The Original Greaser Bob
Frank Rizzo
OrlandoEastwood
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 am

Any Godzilla fans here? I have most of the ones that were released on VHS and I have them on DVD and I have the 1998 American remake and the U.S. release of the original 1954 film on Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 am

Big fan of Godzilla here!

"Ahhhh! Ahhhh! It's Godzirra!"
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 am

Back when video stores still roamed the earth, I remember I would always check in to see if my local shop had any new Godzilla tapes. They were my favorites growing up. Better times.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:39 am

I'll have to break out my VHS collection, but here's my DVD and Blu-ray collection:

DVD:

01. Godzilla, King of the Monsters - Simitar
01. Gojira - Classic Media
02. Godzilla Raids Again - Classic Media
03. King Kong Vs Godzilla - GoodTimes
03. King Kong Vs Godzilla - Universal
03. King Kong Vs Godzilla - EVS Home Entertainment [Thailand]
04. Mothra Vs Godzilla - Classic Media
05. Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster - Classic Media
06. Invasion of Astro-Monster - Classic Media
07. Godzilla Vs the Sea Monster - Sony
08. Son of Godzilla - Sony
09. Destroy All Monsters - EVS Home Entertainment [Thailand]
10. All Monsters Attack - Classic Media
11. Godzilla Vs Hedorah - Sony
11. Godzilla Vs. The Smog Monster / 13. Godzilla Vs Megalon Double Feature - DigitalDisc [Canada]
12. Godzilla Vs Gigan - Sony
13. Godzilla Vs Megalon - Passion Productions
14. Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla - Sony
15. Terror of Mechagodzilla - Classic Media '02 Version
15. Terror of Mechagodzilla - Classic Media '08 Version
17. Godzilla Vs Biollante - EVS Home Entertainment [Thailand]
18. Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah / 19. Godzilla & Mothra: Battle For Earth Double Feature - Sony
20. Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla 2 - Sony
22. Godzilla Vs Destoroyah - EVS Home Entertainment [Thailand]
23. Godzilla 2000 - Sony
24. Godzilla X Megaguirus - Universe Laser [Hong Kong]
25. GMK - Universe Laser [Hong Kong]
26. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - Sony
26. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - Universe Laser [Hong Kong]
27. Godzilla: Tokyo SOS - Sony
28. Godzilla: Final Wars - Sony
28. Godzilla: Final Wars - Logo Films [Thailand]

Blu-ray
Gojira - Classic Media
Godzilla (1998) - Sony
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 am

Man am I jealous of your collection!
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Man am I jealous of your collection!

Thank you. Godzilla is what inspired me to be filmmaker. So, I have all the movies. I need to get those Hong Kong releases of the 90's films and the U.S. Sony releases of Godzilla X Megaguirus and GMK.
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 am

The only Godzillas i have seen are Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla,Godzilla 2000,Godzilla FInal Wars and The awful remake any suggestions of ones i should see
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:09 am

Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster definitely.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:30 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster definitely.

The one DVD I have listed as Godzilla Vs the Smog Monster / Godzilla Vs Megalon from Canada is the original AIP Dub of the film which isn't present on the Sony DVD. Even though it's the original dub, the draw back to it is that it's a busted full screen copy sourced from a 16mm TV print of the film. The US Sony DVD is retitled to Godzilla Vs Hedorah. I was disappointed with the DVD of Godzilla Vs the Sea Monster since that was the first Godzilla film I owned on VHS and it's missing it's original dub on the Sony DVD. But, I do love that Godzilla Vs Gigan and Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla have their original dub track on them for their DVD releases by Sony.
Back to top Go down
PCDOS

PCDOS

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 am

i love godzilla

i've only seen a couple, but i've got a bunch lying around that i need to get around to watching
Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:41 am

I've started watching some Godzilla movies and to me, these movies are best watched with friends over along with pizza and beer. Some are fun while some are not, but I say take them for what they are. I have no plans to rush out and buy them all on DVD. I wonder if Toho have any current plans to release all of them on Blu-Ray with restored picture and sound?

I would recommend the Mothra spin-off film trilogy called Rebirth of Mothra. They are fun for both kids and adults though it gets preachy sometimes about the environment. You can watch all three for free on Crackle.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:11 am

LucasChad wrote:
I've started watching some Godzilla movies and to me, these movies are best watched with friends over along with pizza and beer. Some are fun while some are not, but I say take them for what they are. I have no plans to rush out and buy them all on DVD. I wonder if Toho have any current plans to release all of them on Blu-Ray with restored picture and sound?

I would recommend the Mothra spin-off film trilogy called Rebirth of Mothra. They are fun for both kids and adults though it gets preachy sometimes about the environment. You can watch all three for free on Crackle.

I've seen 1 and 2 of the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy dubbed in German while I was living in Germany. I thought 2 was too childish with the whole undersea kingdom and the furball and so on. I have a DVD-R I recorded off of TV of Rebirth of Mothra 3 from a local TV station while I was living in Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm a fan of the Heise-era. vs. Biolante was the first G-movie I ever saw so that one holds a certain spot in my heart. But the best Godzilla flick of all time is vs Destroyah! Easily! It has everyhting one could possibly want:
* The perfect arch-nemesis - its made out of the first godzilla weapon).
* Baddass Godzilla suit - he bleeds lava! How more awesome can you get!? Twisted Evil
* Action all the way from the start - in most G-movies they seem to drag on and on about boring drama stuff no-one cares about...
* An Oscar-worthy ending.
Spoiler:

EDIT: thanks OrlandoEastwood! Added ending under spoiler.

Last edited by obin_gam on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 am

obin_gam wrote:
I'm a fan of the Heise-era. vs. Biolante was the first G-movie I ever say so that one holds a certain spot in my heart. But the best Godzilla flick of all time is vs Destroyah! Easily! It has everyhting one could possibly want:
* The perfect arch-nemesis - its made out of the first godzilla weapon).
* Baddass Godzilla suit - be bleeds lava! How more awesome can you get!? Twisted Evil
* Action all the way from the start - in most G-movies they seem to drag on and on about boring drama stuff no-one cares about...
* An Oscar-worthy edning EDIT: how do I hide the text? I dont want to spoil the ending for those who havent seen it.

Spoiler:

I have a 2GB video file made of Godzilla Vs Destoroyah from my Thai DVD that I have stored on a USB stick and it's plugged into my Blu-ray player so I can watch it whenever I want. It's the Japanese version with English subs burned into the video.

Here's a still of it from the video file I made:
Godzilla! ゴジラ! Vlcsnap2011022122h16m18
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks! Edited prev. post.

See thats just awe-inspiring! That lava and the red eyes, beautiful.
I myself only watch with the original language. Cant stand the dubbed versions, sure it has some (camp) value, but it detracts more than it adds to the experience imo.
I think my dislike for dubbing stems from my experience with watching GMK ("Godzilla, Mothra and King Gidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack" (2001)). I had heard that it was really violent and that its one of the few movies where you see people actually dying and Godzilla activly aims his firebreath. So I looked for a copy of it and picked it up. I couldnt find a copy with JPN language at first, so I picked up a English dubbed. Sadly it was one of the most boring and stupid movies of the franchise. Then I got to know that it was heavily cut (25 minutes actually Suspect ) and that the uncut should be way better. So I then tracked THAT one done, I actually found one with JPN language that time, and wouldnt you know -> it. was. awesome. !
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 am

obin_gam wrote:
I think my dislike for dubbing stems from my experience with watching GMK ("Godzilla, Mothra and King Gidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack" (2001)). I had heard that it was really violent and that its one of the few movies where you see people actually dying and Godzilla activly aims his firebreath. So I looked for a copy of it and picked it up. I couldnt find a copy with JPN language at first, so I picked up a English dubbed. Sadly it was one of the most boring and stupid movies of the franchise. Then I got to know that it was heavily cut (25 minutes actually Suspect ) and that the uncut should be way better. So I then tracked THAT one done, I actually found one with JPN language that time, and wouldnt you know -> it. was. awesome. !

How long ago was this? Was this back in 2003 when it premiered on US television on the Sci-Fi Channel?
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:20 pm

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
obin_gam wrote:

How long ago was this? Was this back in 2003 when it premiered on US television on the Sci-Fi Channel?

No no it was only like a year or so ago, but it was a VHS tape so it was probably recorded from that version, I havent heard of any DVD releases that's cut anyways?
If I still had the tape I could investigate further from where the version was from, but sadly I got rid of it when I acquired the DVD.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 am

I know that bootleggers made a killing back in the day with Godzilla movies. They probably still do now since some of the Japanese versions still aren't out here yet in the U.S. Here in the U.S, the only Godzilla films that did not get a legit releases are Godzilla Vs Megalon, Godzilla 1985, and Godzilla Vs Biollante. And with Japanese audio, the U.S. is missing; King Kong Vs Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah, Godzilla Vs Mothra '92, Godzilla Vs Spacegodzilla, Godzilla Vs Destoroyah, and Godzilla 2000 plus the three that aren't out at all legally here in the U.S.

Universal holds the rights to King Kong Vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes and they hold all the rights except for the Asian countries. And the only reason that Universal hasn't released a Japanese cut is because they would have to pay for the rights to release it here in the U.S. If Universal wanted too, they could release King Kong Vs Godzilla on Blu-ray if they pleased and Toho wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it. I lived in Germany and King Kong Vs Godzilla was the only Godzilla film that I ever saw on German television next to the U.S. remake and the German release of KKvsG is the U.S. edit of the film. And this was the first time that I ever saw the film in semi-widescreen. They played it on television in 1.78:1 where as the film is 2.35:1 and this was at the same time that Peter Jackson's King Kong was coming out back in 2005.

Edit: I had a typo.

Last edited by OrlandoEastwood on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 am

Ah, Godzilla. My childhood was founded around Power Rangers, TMNT, Batman: TAS and the King of Monsters, Godzilla. When the original, dubbed, Japanese cut of the original Gojira was released, I purchased my copy on the day of release. It's far superior to the American cut, obviously, and it sent me on a journey to see what Godzilla movies I may have missed growing up.

Lo and behold, I was down only three, and they were rather recent, being Godzilla versus Space Godzilla, and two from the millennium line. I love, nay, adore my kaiju entertainment. I even own a few or G-Man's arch-foe's flicks: good old Gamera!

Rodan is, however, my favorite of the Toho monsters. Probably due to his solo film and how there were two... and one... oh, so sad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:14 am

Here's footage from the infamous Italian cut, fan dubbed, Cozzilla. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEJeDZT3z0
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 am

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
Here's footage from the infamous Italian cut, fan dubbed, Cozzilla. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEJeDZT3z0

Hmmm, that looks very interesting from watching the video.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:02 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
OrlandoEastwood wrote:

Hmmm, that looks very interesting from watching the video.

I can't find a copy of this bitch. A DVD-R popped up on eBay a few months back. I know the guy who won it, but he got screwed over by the seller. There was a placed called WTF-Films, they used to sell DVD-Rs of it, but they stopped selling it.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:49 am

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
I know that bootleggers made a killing back in the day with Godzilla movies. They probably still do now since some of the Japanese versions still aren't out here yet in the U.S. Here in the U.S, the only Godzilla films to get a legit releases are Godzilla Vs Megalon, Godzilla 1985, and Godzilla Vs Biollante.
Actually, the original cut of Gojira has since seen a legitimate US DVD release.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

The Dude wrote:
OrlandoEastwood wrote:
I know that bootleggers made a killing back in the day with Godzilla movies. They probably still do now since some of the Japanese versions still aren't out here yet in the U.S. Here in the U.S, the only Godzilla films to get a legit releases are Godzilla Vs Megalon, Godzilla 1985, and Godzilla Vs Biollante.
Actually, the original cut of Gojira has since seen a legitimate US DVD release.

I know, I had a typo. The only ones that did not get legit releases are those three films.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:21 am

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
The Dude wrote:
OrlandoEastwood wrote:

I know, I had a typo. The only ones that did not get legit releases are those three films.
I none the less don't find the US cut of Biolante that bad. Gojira on the other hand... dear god, just subtitle and market it was all we ever needed. *hugs his copy*
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com/
Sponsored content

Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla! ゴジラ!   Godzilla! ゴジラ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Godzilla! ゴジラ!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next