The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold

Go down 
+7
LucasChad
moonsknight
Eckertmania
A Cockatrice
Admin
Frank Rizzo
Joe No Name
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe No Name

Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold Empty
PostSubject: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 am

Which mini-series is better, in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 am

Both of them have their pluses and minuses IMO.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:18 am

I like them both =)
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 am

Both are good self made mini series. It's kind of hard to compare a comedy to a serious show (it feels unintentionally funny, but Brad probably did that on purpose). I will say that Kickassia comes as the stronger of the mini series just for the internet star power and more people involved. Hooker would probably be better if Brad had more people to work with.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:40 am

Admin wrote:
I like them both =)

You would.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 am

Eckertmania wrote:
Admin wrote:
I like them both =)

You would.

Ha, was just about to post that.
Back to top Go down
Joe No Name

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 pm

I think the difference between the 2 is that "Kickassia" definitely works as a movie for the fans, and "The Hooker with a Heart of Gold" works best as a pure movie. You don't have to know who The Cinema Snob is in order to enjoy "Hooker."
Back to top Go down
moonsknight

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Choosing which one is better here is difficult as they are so completely different.

Kickassia is about a group of internet reviewers deciding to take over a micro-nation. There's really nothing serious in it and you pretty much have to know who these reviewers are to really enjoy it.

Hooker is a drama that has a lot of different levels to it. You have the budding romance between Hooker and Doc Rogen. You have Don trying to win the Hooker's heart, and in the end trying to overcome his obsession with her. You get to see Steel's desire for revenge overtake him. You watch as Janet goes from fearing Steel as a madman to understanding more about his inner demons.

Both are great for what they are, and choosing one over the other is really just going to come down to whether you prefer a solid comedy, or a solid drama.
Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

I already just realized something about the two, and that would be their running times. Kickassia in total was over an hour and a half long, while Hooker was over a whopping two and a half hours long! I would've expected Hooker to have the same length as Kickassia but it blew my mind that the last part that was 47 and a half minutes long can pad out the film to an unexpected length! DAMN!!!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Hooker is easily the better one in my opinion, mainly because Brad and his friends (most of them, anyways) are overall much better actors than the TGWTG gang.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Hooker is easily the better one in my opinion, mainly because Brad and his friends (most of them, anyways) are overall much better actors than the TGWTG gang.

Weren't Brad and his friends all in Kickassia too?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I meant people like Brian, Sarah, Jillian, Max Force, etc.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I meant people like Brian, Sarah, Jillian, Max Force, etc.

oooooh, right, right.
Back to top Go down
Longinus

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Max Force

I love how that guy has been renamed Max Force
Back to top Go down
Max Force

PostSubject: I'm Max Fucking Force   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:16 am

People keep forgetting my middle name. I find it annoying. Cause if I'm not gonna at least be called by my real name the fake one should at least have some flair to it.

Anyway...on the actual subject. It's not easy to compare the two movies. They're different beasts all together.

I will say that while I enjoyed the hell out of Kickassia I didn't get half of the jokes, and that's not a slight on what is a very well made little flick, i just don't know the people involved enough to get the humor a lot of the time. It's a movie made for the fans. And if you are a hard core fan, or even a fleeting one, of the whole empire, you should dig it.

Hooker on the other hand requires no background. You can walk into it cold, and it has a leg up in that sense. You don't have to be a fan to enjoy it. It helps I'm sure. Half the humor for me is always seeing Brad talk our firends into doing this shit. But that's just me. I'm a mean spirited fuck.
Back to top Go down
Dyson sphere

Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:26 am

I definitely thought Hooker was better, as in more entertaining. But I have to admit, I did not like the finale much. The first couple of episodes were really great though.
Kickassia, I did not like it a lot. Some of the acting was fun, but the plot was stupid and not that exciting. In Hooker however I really cared about the Hooker and Dr. Rogen. It was definitely more involving to see their story unfold than watching Kickassia when it all felt silly anyway. Hooker was about life and death, man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold   Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickassia VS The Hooker with a Heart of Gold
Page 1 of 1