The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel Empty
PostSubject: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 2:33 am

http://ihorror.com/exclusive-ricky-caldwell-to-return-in-true-silent-night-deadly-night-part-2-sequel/

Quote :
Holiday horror franchise Silent Night, Deadly Night is a very unusual one, as most of the sequels have very little to do with the original story. In Part 2, a direct continuation, Billy’s brother Ricky went on a killing spree of his own, and the film is often considered to be one of the ‘best worst’ movies in horror history.

It was Eric Freeman who played Ricky Caldwell in Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2, and after years of silence about the film, he recently came out of hiding and started to embrace it. In fact, he’s embracing it so fully that he just wrote a script to a “true” follow-up to the first sequel, which will bring Ricky back to life.

Last week, Freeman uploaded a video to YouTube where he’s oddly disguised and using the pseudonym Damon Michaels, and in it he’s seen flipping through the script for Silent Night, Deadly Night: Ricky Unhinged. He remarks that it’s a great script, all the while pretending he’s not Eric Freeman.

“The body count is off the charts, the action, the story… you’ll love it,” says Freeman. “Eric is presently shopping this great script, and I sure as heck hope it gets made.”

At one point, the camera zooms in on the first page of the script, and by freeze-framing the shot we learned more about the sequel…

“This story was written as a natural progression of the character Ricky Caldwell from 1987’s Silent Night, Deadly Night 2. That movie came to a climax with a bloody carnage-laden rampage and the death of Mother Superior and Ricky Caldwell being shot. Twenty five years have elapsed and Caldwell is a patient at Waverly Psychiatric Hospital. He is seemingly normal, but things quickly go awry when a body is found in Caldwell’s room. This script can be a sequel to SNDN 2 or as a standalone movie with no tie-in whatsoever. Obviously, there is a monetary advantage of having a huge built-in fan base from the cult hit movie.”

Over in the Finding Freeman Facebook group, which was dedicated to tracking down Freeman when he couldn’t be found, filmmaker Scott Pearlman notes that he read the script, and says it’s “better than it has any right to be.” Pearlman is a reliable source, as he’s currently working on a documentary about Freeman.

“Eric put a lot of care into it creating a very logical and satisfying way for Ricky to return and evolve,” said Pearlman. “It’s not a slasher film per se which may turn hardcore fans off but it truly respects the character and takes him in a different direction while paying homage to what came before. If I had to describe it its like a blend of North By North West and the Fugitive fused with Death Wish and set in the Silent Night, Deadly Night universe. It’s also hyper violent, which is a must have of course.”

Who knows if Silent Night, Deadly Night: Ricky Unhinged will ever actually come to life, but here’s hoping.

I won't hold my breath, but yes, if this sequel was made I would see it. 2 honestly is my favorite of the series. It was the first one I saw, so I won't hate it for the archive footage.

santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:09 am

really? who knows maybe he's become a better actor ? lol i'd be curious to see this though we don't need anymore of these films. and one does wonder if it would be at least a decent movie it he was in a film that had him in it all the way through
Back to top Go down
metateen

metateen

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 pm

This is the only thing I wanna see in it:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 am

There's a 0% chance this would be any good whatsoever. Doing a sequel to a notoriously bad film 20 years later only results in the worst kind of pandering to "bad movie" crowds. It's 'Hobgoblins 2' and 'Samurai Cop 2' all over again. Heck, it's even 'Birdemic 2' all over again. One just can't make an intentionally good bad movie, it's just something that happens. Cult status can't be manufactured.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:03 am

1stly actually it's 30 years later not 20. and no i don't see there being any way shape or form of it being any good but you are wrong on there not being sequels that are made 20 years later. Psycho 2 is a great film though it's of course not as good as the original nobody expected it to be that good. but it's a great sequel i think. there are exceptions to the rule. it may not happen that often these days but it does happen.

and Hobgoblin was a terrible film to begin with. though to be fair there are far far worse sequels out there. Troll sequels anyone?
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:13 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
1stly actually it's 30 years later not 20. and no i don't see there being any way shape or form of it being any good but you are wrong on there not being sequels that are made 20 years later. Psycho 2 is a great film though it's of course not as good as the original nobody expected it to be that good. but it's a great sequel i think. there are exceptions to the rule. it may not happen that often these days but it does happen.

and Hobgoblin was a terrible film to begin with. though to be fair there are far far worse sequels out there. Troll sequels anyone?

Not at all the same thing...'Psycho 2' was an earnest sequel to a good movie. There's no earnesty in making a sequel to a movie renowned for being one of the worst of all time, especially after enough time has passed to make it a cult classic based entirely on the fact that it's one of the worst movies of all time. They're not going to try to make it good, they're going to try to make it "bad" like the original because that's the only reason why people like it.

The problem is, nobody can make an intentionally "good bad" movie. It's just something that happens naturally. Movies like 'The Room', 'Troll 2', 'Miami Connection', 'Hobgoblins', 'Samurai Cop'...even 'Birdemic' and 'Manos: The Hands of Fate' were all made with the filmmaker's (misguided) intention of making a good film. Conversely, look at the trailers for 'Samurai Cop 2', 'Hobgoblins 2' and 'Birdemic 2' and the tone is completely different: they're playing the "bad movie" angle to its very extreme and that never, ever works. The original movies were fun because they took themselves seriously, but the sequels play themselves off as exaggerated self-aware comedies and that loses all of the charm and humor. A sequel to 'Silent Night, Deadly Night 2' will only do the same and it's completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:55 am

good points, i dunno why anyone would want to make a bad film on purpose i've never understood that. i've never seen the room to be honest and i don't plan to cause on how bad i hear it is. i'm a big film geek as i like to call myself he he anyways, having said that there's not that many films that i shut off cause i try to watch a film all the way through but Troll 2 is not a so good it's bad film. it's a film i think i watched about 5 or 10 minutes of after borrowing the VHS from a friend some years back and the acting was so fucking bad and so was the film that i shut it off. in fact the only time i see anything further than what i did watch is brad's snob video of it. don't get me wrong there's plenty of films out there that i do think are bad that i do enjoy. there's one with Christopher Lee from (1967) called Island of the burning doomed? i think? the film has got like 3 different titles so i may be wrong on it. well it's a film that's got Peter Cushing in it as well so if you want to look it up that may help.

anyways,, i'm to lazy to do that lol, but it's not a great film but it's a film that is so bad it's good cause i think it's got some nice ideas a good cast but a script that needs work. and i think Christopher Lee actually lives in that one. i watched that one a few years back with my mom and she couldn't watch it cause she thought it was a bad film. well to each their own. another one that gets a lot of flack is (1987)'s Munchies i love the film for what it is and yet there's plenty of people who hate it. the later ones are utter shit though but the (1987) one has it's moments.

and those films are made by people who didn't try to make a bad film. what also helps is when the cast and crew really have fun with a film and you can tell even if it's not that great of a film it i think can help a film. the 1st sharknado i fucking loved cause as Brad said in the past that's a film that nobody at all took serious even reading interviews they did in tv guide none of them take those films serious but they have a ball making them.

and they are in on the joke too so that does help the film. the film itself is really a stupid ass film but it's a fun ass film. i haven't seen the sequels yet to be fair. but at the end of the 1st film with Ian Zierring coming out of that shark with a fucking chainsaw something that is not possible at all

is both cheesy as hell and funny as hell too. and for that woman to still be alive something that is impossible as well. but than i dunno about anyone but it made me laugh my ass off. anyways with the silent night deadly nite films i never have understood the appeal at all. the 1st film is an ok film it's not a favorite of mine at all but it's also not among the worst i've never seen. the 2nd one is a decent film but the acting is what hurts it mostly. i'm leaving out the flashbacks and the rest of them are fucking terrible!

i can't wait till brad snobs the 5th one if he does that this year. didn't that have a remake made for video a couple years back or am i wrong on that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel   Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel Empty

Back to top Go down

Eric Freeman wants to make a SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 sequel
Page 1 of 1