Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Brad finally explains Jake's termination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Sat May 02, 2015 3:26 am

I haven't watched too many BRAD TRIES videos. I had no idea who this "Rayn" was. But at least it ended now and not further in the future when it would've been more complicated.

I look forward to the 80'S DAN movie. Been missing him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Sat May 02, 2015 8:35 am

was she the blond that was in a couple videos oh about a year or so ago. it was on the old site. and people were complaining on how annoying she was. i think i tried watching her show once but didn't like it. to each their own i guess. if it's the same girl i do recall her even posting in the comments section. the video i'm thinking of Sean was at a convention. and i think it was a brad tries video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Tue May 05, 2015 12:09 pm

People were complaining about Rayn? I guess I must've not read the comments for those videos because I didn't find anything objectionable about her presence or presentation. I primarily remember her looking into the camera for most of the videos she was in (odd for non-solo vlogs), but she was pleasant enough to carry herself in a video, or at least I thought so.

It's weird how picky some of the commenters on the site can be about new faces in videos, especially since I guarantee if you went back several years you'd find early criticisms about all the current beloved members of Team Snob. There have been a few one/two-off guests who were visibly awkward in front of the camera, but literally the only person I ever actively considered a weak addition was Kelly, not because of any personal connection she had with Brad, but only because she never contributed anything to discussions or reviews beyond just agreeing with everyone with the words "yeah...yeah". Otherwise, I've liked everyone who Brad has done videos with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Wed May 06, 2015 12:58 am

like i said i'm not 100% sure it was her cause it's been awhile but it was a girl brad i think was dating at the time. i do remember her being blond though i think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RandyPan

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 am

Why is it the most seemingly likable members of Team Snob turn out to be horrible people, and yet I'll bet Dave is a fucking saint?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Sat May 09, 2015 5:58 am

i dunno if jake is the most likable of team snob. no doubt there were some people who like him and some that didn't. he made me laugh my ass off at times i needed one. but so does the rest of the team. it's a shitty thing he did i think. but i still miss him on the site and i always will. i just think he should have actually used his fucking head and not did any of that to Brad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metateen

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 pm

This is a complicated situation while Jake wasn't my favorite on the show he certainly was one that captured my attention, maybe it's his natural voice and overall performance. Liked his role as ROB and whatnot but this is a lost I'll have to get over with eventually. Unlike Jerrid who I only liked as the Neo-Nazi and Detective. This is a part where I felt a loss has been made.

I won't lie when it comes to relationship and love like tribulations that's when strings are stretched and sometimes ripped so the end resolve makes sense and the out come is all if not anything critical and to the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am

I feel like a loss was had with Jerrid's firing. It seems like ages ago now, but he was definitely a solid presence in the midnight reviews, if only as comic relief...he was the only member of Team Snob who didn't have an encyclopedic knowledge of film and it was almost kind of a refreshing counterpoint for Brad to play off of, as well as having produced many memorable quotes. I kind of miss his involvement in the site.

However, I am glad that he left Radiodrome. Both his genuine opinions and naivete worked for reviews of contemporary mainstream films, but it was a little bit of a drag on a cult movie-oriented podcast. Though I did keep listening after Brad left, Brad, Alex and Josh were still the best line-up.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Wed May 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
metateen

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Wed May 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Skibz wrote:
The drama thickens:
http://officialfan.proboards.com/post/11649461
From this thread.

Convenient isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyxx

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Wed May 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm gonna miss Jake... he was definitely a likeable addition to the team and he was a sidekick in almost everything Snob related.

But given the situation, it's sad it happened, but it happened and it had consequences. Just gonna have to deal with that and move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alyxxgameroom.blogspot.no
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 am

Skibz wrote:
The drama thickens:
From this thread.

I liked Jake's reviews & was sorry to see him go but in light of these posts it looks like cutting him loose was the right move; I hope the drama dies down soon for everybody involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Jason Goes To Helsinki

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Thu May 14, 2015 5:49 am

Skibz wrote:
The drama thickens:
From this thread.

Crock of saving face bs. Those of us on Brad's facebook saw pictures of he and the girl holding hands and kissing almost a year before she met jake the snake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Thu May 14, 2015 6:57 am

why do i get the feeling that if brad did say something about that thread and thanks for the link by the way. he'd still be the villian in this person's eyes. i dunno about anyone else but unless Jake says something if he ever does.
than i dunno if what this person said is true, also
brad doesn't seem like the type of guy to spread lies either. however if he did mistunderstand and that is possible on how she felt, than she should have done a far far better job on saying so to brad. it also is possible that she was leading him on as well sending him mixed singals and shit, so if what that person said was true about brad taking things the wrong way that could be the explanation and that's just a guess by the way. they are making brad out to be the villian. but i don't think he is,i think a lot of shit went down and we don't know all 3 sides of it. and until we do if they ever decide to come forth. we shall just keep our minds open about it, that person admited she was bias and i will give her credit for that. and if you are bias about something it's harder to take one serious cause you right away make up your mind on who to get mad at.

plus brad would not fire someone from team snob just cause he mistunderstood as well. there is no doubt he had to think about what he should do. in short it's not a decision he took lightly. the same goes with jerrid no doubt. i miss him on the site as well. but i do understand why he was let go as well. plus i doubt the rest of the gang would stop talking to jake without knowing all the facts. that is what i would want to do is know all the fact before i cut ties with someone. whenever someone tries to correct someone said or did. even stuff in my life it still feels like a he said she said kind of thing when certain shit happens and i think that says the same about everyone pretty much. well sorry for my rant and my bad spelling too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Thu May 14, 2015 9:36 am

Well now that thread is just absolutely darling lol. I needed a good hearty laugh today, it was really nice of them to give that to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to watching "Cobra," a much truer story. Hey, the Nightslashers really could have happened damn it! =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Fri May 15, 2015 5:27 am

glad you got a good laugh man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metateen

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 pm

I didn't know that my hero made posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Mon May 18, 2015 6:25 am

metateen wrote:
I didn't know that my hero made posts.

He's the forum's admin. So he'd probably post once in a while (even though I came a little bit when he replied to a post I made here).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AstaKask

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Mon May 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Oh. I thought metateen meant me. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   

Back to top Go down

Brad finally explains Jake's termination
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2