The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brad finally explains Jake's termination

Go down 
+14
Toyland Chairman
EccentricSnob
Admin
Inquisitor
Atsuuikakura
Jason Goes To Helsinki
Otaku4Life
AstaKask
Skibz
wildhoney66
The_Stone_Guest
Tabascofanatikerin
perkele
Farmlinton10
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmlinton10

Brad finally explains Jake's termination Empty
PostSubject: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:14 am

And it sounds like it's what we all expected. Jake appears to be a terrible person in real life.

"I was told people were wondering what happened with me and Jake, and I consider myself to be very honest, so here's what happened. For the better part of a year, I had an on again, off again thing going on with a girl named Rayn, who was from Michigan. She had come down to Springfield to visit me, and I had gone to Michigan to visit her. For a while, things were absolutely fantastic, and she ended up moving to Springfield, which is why she started showing up in a few videos. Honestly, things were pretty great. It kinda cooled off a bit, but within the past few months, it seemed like it was getting great again. We were very romantic with eachother, we went out of state, we started brainstorming new projects, and words from her were used like "maybe for once I could settle down" and "we're going to have a great adult date, I'm even going to get my dad to watch my son so we can have amazing alone time."

Then I made the unfortunate mistake of introducing her to Jake. A man who thinks with his dick so much, that's probably what was doing most of the taking in his reviews. He knew the whole story about us, he knew I was planning on asking her to move in with me, he knew every single piece of our history, because I told him about it at the last convention we went to. That was all we talked about on the ride back. But banging about 10 different women, and going after 17 year olds wasn't enough for him, so he moved in like a snake, and made sure that he was always at her place every day, conveniently always needing a ride somewhere, and then borrowing my car to apparently go over there himself. All while telling other people in the group that there was no way I'd fire him because I would lose all of my revenue. (in reality Jake videos only made up 5% of my income). His replacement gets better hits than he does.

This is a guy who stood up with me at my wedding, this is a guy who I considered a brother for well over a decade. This is a dude who I was always there for when he went on a 2 year terror, because a friend started dating his ex several months after the relationship ended. And then he goes and does something worse for literally no reason other than he could. And to his credit, it worked. He's a sociopath and a pathological liar, with a history of anger issues and schizophrenia, so yeah, he can actually be pretty damn charming. I was told about the Rayn and Jake thing by her at a convention when I asked if she wanted to move in with me. She said she couldn't be with me unless she could also be with Jake too, because now she loves us both. So, naturally, I had a bit of a problem with that lol. And the ride home from Indianapolis was very awkward to say the least. Especially when she said "you're being selfish, I want a communal family where I have tons of kids all from different fathers." Suddenly I was questioning my feelings for this girl =)

So, I broke it off, and completely cut ties with Jake. I haven't talked to him since, and I have no plans to talk to him or work with him again. The term "dead to me" may be overused, but it serves a purpose sometimes. Everyone else in the group just ignores him, and I don't hear anything from him, except for the occasional text from Rayn asking how my day is. Honestly, that was a horrible horrible thing to go through, especially when it involves not one, but two people I loved and unfortunately trusted, and had to cut ties with. I'm still dealing with it, and it's been incredibly hard, and I don't wish it on anyone. It's one of those things though that I'm glad it happened at 33 and not 23, because 23 year old Brad would probably still be in a bar and shitfaced. I haven't drank at all since it happened, but I have smoked more cigarettes.

On the plus side, Jake could probably make a living as an author, because his version of it is a fantastic piece of fiction, which he tried spewing out to anyone that would believe him (and no one did, because it's the story of a crazy person). Essentially his version is "whaaat, I didn't know anything." Even if I hadn't told him about me and Rayn, and even if she was downplaying things to him to make him feel better; he still saw us kissing, he saw us holding hands, and he was at a convention where she and I shared the same hotel room and bed together. Moral of the story is, if you love someone dearly, never ever introduce them to Jake Norvell. Or whatever this thing is that used to be Jake Norvell."
Back to top Go down
perkele

perkele

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:36 pm

I hadn't even noticed he got fired. Where did Brad post this?

i edited my post because I started second guessing your source as well

Last edited by perkele on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tabascofanatikerin

Tabascofanatikerin

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Okay, first of all: You didn't mention any source of that text. Where do you have the information from?

And second: I knew from Brad's Patreon site that Jake wouldn't appear in future videos (at least not in the near future) but also didn't tell any specific reasons and also asked the readers for respecting his and Jake's privacy. So I don't quite believe that Brad suddenly would write all this down.

Anyway: No matter what the reason was or is, I'm fine with not knowing because it's none of my business. He's not part of the yellow press or something.
Back to top Go down
http://tabascofanatikerin.deviantart.com
Farmlinton10

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:54 pm

Tabascofanatikerin wrote:
Okay, first of all: You didn't mention any source of that text. Where do you have the information from?

And second: I knew from Brad's Patreon site that Jake wouldn't appear in future videos (at least not in the near future) but also didn't tell any specific reasons and also asked the readers for respecting his and Jake's privacy. So I don't quite believe that Brad suddenly would write all this down.

Anyway: No matter what the reason was or is, I'm fine with not knowing because it's none of my business. He's not part of the yellow press or something.

channelawesome
.com/forums/threads/jake-is-leaving.53502/#post-1007253  Take out the space when you go to the link.

He was asked about it in another forum, and confirmed it.
Back to top Go down
Tabascofanatikerin

Tabascofanatikerin

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am

And where did you get the text originally from?
On this forum page you're the first to quote it.
But I guess "thecinemasnob" is really Brad, I'm saying that because I'm not active in this forum and familiar with its members.
Back to top Go down
http://tabascofanatikerin.deviantart.com
The_Stone_Guest

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:26 am

I saw the same thing posted on 4chan's /tv/ of all places, which is no surprise because thev've been ragging on that new quiz show Brad's hosting.

Man, that shit is pretty fucked up, if true. "But banging about 10 different women, and going after 17 year olds wasn't enough for him..." Gettin' that much 'tang and wanting even MORE? That's one greedy motherfucker, there!
Back to top Go down
http://the-stone-guest.livejournal.com/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:38 am

i've been catching up old episodes of midnight movies from last year. so there's a lot of videos and shit i am behind on.i honestly hope this info is all wrong, but if it's true that really sucks and Brad i'm sorry to hear about the shitty thing Jake did if that is true.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:38 pm

If I recall, I believe Brad did something similar with Jerrid's departure, i.e. being really vague about the official reasons why he left but then openly elaborating on the details elsewhere outside of his main site and videos. Some parts of this post do make sense taking into account a few things said here and there in past videos, but yeah, I won't jump to any conclusions without a 100% confirmation. All that's for certain is that it seemed pretty clear in Brad's announcement of Jake's departure that something really bad went down. If it was an amicable split, Brad wouldn't have mentioned needing to completely "retool" a movie he's already shot a major role for.

Regardless of reason, it's still a shame, because of course Jake was a major component of the site and his presence will be missed, but Brad's private life is more important than his fanbase's opinions. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to bring Jerrid back? Unless things have changed, I think he and Brad are still on friendly terms.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 pm

I feel a little creepy for having looked into this, but when you spend literal years watching these peoples' videos, vlogs and podcasts and spent accumulative days worth of listening to their opinions, activities and anecdotes, you start to form a weird personal connection with them. Obviously I know there are lines, I'm merely a fan and have no insight into their personal lives and thus make no assumptions about anything. I'm not going to start hiding in Brad's bushes or anything.

I was curiously scrolling around a few forums of people talking about this very incident and Brad's side of the story when I found out that Jake apparently posted his own announcement on his Facebook, and then through that Rayn's announcement. Both of these are pretty generic "goodbye" posts and don't go into any explicit detail about what happened or say anything inflammatory (although apparently there's a lot of that elsewhere), so I figure it wouldn't be too much of a faux pas to post them here for the interest of everyone else (unless Brad wants them removed):

Jake's announcement (collapsed for length):

Rayn's announcement (collapsed for length):
Back to top Go down
AstaKask

AstaKask

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 pm

He is more dick than man now... twisted and evil.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 6:20 pm

well 1stly with Jerrid he i think was being a dick as well at the time. and i forget what all when down from what i read on here. and i don't think it matter anymore anyways cause Brad & Jerrid i believe are friends again.

by these posts what brad said must be true i guess, and that sucks ass he won't be not only part of the site but part of brad's life as well. and everyone at team snob either if they so choose to. i also agree that having been a fan of brad's for the past 4 years. to a certain extent do feel like i know him and team snob, even though i've never met any of them and even though there's no doubt a great deal they don't share with us.nor do i expect them to either. but as a fan of everyone at the site i am sad to hear of the stupidity that Jake did.

he should have used his head well the correct one anyways instead of the wrong one. i will miss his rants as well when it comes to whatever bad movies he has to go & see. and i hope that one day Brad & Jake are friends again and Jake can get his shit together. even if he's not on the site anymore.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 12:05 pm

I was really shocked about reading the part about Jake "going after 17 year olds" (despite the review of him totally losing his shit after seeing the midnight screening of "That's My Boy").
It seems like you can't judge a book by it's cover.
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/midnight-screenings/midnight-screenings-rock-of-ages-and-thats-my-boy
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Otaku4Life wrote:
I was really shocked about reading the part about Jake "going after 17 year olds" (despite the review of him totally losing his shit after seeing the midnight screening of "That's My Boy").
It seems like you can't judge a book by it's cover.
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/midnight-screenings/midnight-screenings-rock-of-ages-and-thats-my-boy

According to links, though Rayn has expressed anger over Brad's spilling of the beans on multiple social media platforms, the only thing she's openly contested was that claim, saying the person in question was an 18 year-old friend.

Of course, I don't know these people at all, but I do know every story has multiple angles. We'll never know what's true and what isn't, but all I know is that, as merely a fan, I'm in no position to point my fingers at anybody.
Back to top Go down
Jason Goes To Helsinki

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm

This does not come across like a "he said/they said, and no one knows the truth." I 100% believe Brad in this situation. Brad's facebook was once filled with shots of Brad and the girl together, kissing, and incredibly close, but the biggest defense for Brad is that NO ONE from Team Snob has come out to defend Jake, and the only people defending Jake are the people he's screwing. You'd think that even if that thing about 17 year olds wasn't true, someone from the site would come out and say that isn't true, but they haven't. And if you ask them, they'll say that the 17 year old in question isn't that Kat person, but one of Leddie's sisters.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't know any of those people, so naturally I can't comment. I'm objective to a fault, though, and the only thing I find a little offputting is that neither Jake nor Rayn have refuted any of what Brad had to say (except for the 17 year-old part) but are instead more upset that what happened went public when it seemed like everyone initially held up their end of the bargain to keep matters private. I can see why people of either side may consider that a dick move on Brad's part, but to be fair, it seems like he typed that out in a private conversation which somebody else decided to post on the TGWTG forums; it's not like he ran around the internet telling everybody about what happened.
Back to top Go down
The_Stone_Guest

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:49 am

AstaKask wrote:

"Luke, did I ever tell you about the time Jake was banging my woman behind my back?

He was a good friend."

Had to be said.
Back to top Go down
http://the-stone-guest.livejournal.com/
Atsuuikakura

Atsuuikakura

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 am

The_Stone_Guest wrote:
AstaKask wrote:

"Luke, did I ever tell you about the time Jake was banging my woman behind my back?

He was a good friend."

Had to be said.

Oh dang, I'm going to have to use that line in my comicbook.

Anyway, yeah I hope Brads able to bounce back from this as that's a sucky thing to happen.

I'm actually not too familiar with Jake as I haven't seen alot of his videos but I will miss the "bros" sketches that Brad did with him in the snob videos. Those were funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parasitegalaxy.com
Inquisitor

Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:20 am

I feel obligated to say that reading that made me feel dirty. Bad with myself. I'm the sort of person that doesn't like to hear celebrity gossip (take that for what you will) and feel in anyway invested. Whatever the person's personal life is just that, personal. I admire Brad for the movies he makes and the content he creates. That is the end of our relationship. I think that some people sometimes get the wrong impression about people that put themselves out there (internet or otherwise) and take this sort of thing entirely too far.

Long story short, It's not my business, I wish Brad the best in his life and I admire his work, but that's as far as I need to take it. I hope other people respect these boundaries in the future.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 1:27 am

i don't mind hearing the tid bits we get about the personal lives if they so choose to share it. if they choose not too that's fine with me as well. that doesn't mean i am going to say i think i know him by what he chooses to share i don't think i know him. but i am glad that we learned why Jake is no longer on the site, it's just sad that it had to end that way. i am going to miss him on the site, for the laughs he did give me when i did need one. and that goes for the rest of the snob team as well they've all made me have a good laugh when i needed one.

no more Rob the Robot in 80's Dan i'll miss that as well. or any of the other various shows he's been in. and yes the bros was and is funny as hell.who was his replacement anyways? i'm behind in the midnight movies reviews or whatever they are called. sorry it's been a long day. so that's why i 'm asking
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:00 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
i don't mind hearing the tid bits we get about the personal lives if they so choose to share it. if they choose not too that's fine with me as well. that doesn't mean i am going to say i think i know him by what he chooses to share i don't think i know him. but i am glad that we learned why Jake is no longer on the site, it's just sad that it had to end that way.  i am going to miss him on the site, for the laughs he did give me when i did need one. and that goes for the rest of the snob team as well they've all made me have a good laugh when i needed one.

no more Rob the Robot in 80's Dan i'll miss that as well. or any of the other various shows he's been in. and yes the bros was and is funny as hell.who was his replacement anyways? i'm behind in the midnight movies reviews or whatever they are called. sorry it's been a long day. so that's why i 'm asking

Nothing that Jake was in has been cancelled. Rob the Robot will have a different voice, his character has been written out of The Reviewers and replaced with another character, and Shot on Shitteo will be reshot.
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:19 am

ok thanxs Brad. when is the next 80's Dan anyways ? it's been a couple years since the last one was made.
Back to top Go down
EccentricSnob

EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:50 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
ok thanxs Brad. when is the next 80's Dan anyways ? it's been a couple years since the last one was made.

After The Reviewers and Shot on Shitteo, he'll do an 80's Dan movie (apparently a comedic psychological thriller like The Stepfather and American Psycho) with Linkara playing ROB.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Honestly, I'm really disappointed that the 'Shot on Shitteo' segment will be reshot because what was already shot looked hilarious in the production vlogs, but...hey, stuff happens, man.
Back to top Go down
Atsuuikakura

Atsuuikakura

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:39 am

Caught the bro sketch in the new snob, good to see Brads in high enough spirits to have a laugh at his situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parasitegalaxy.com
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:33 am

i agree with you on that. plus you on some things have to force yourself to laugh at things like that. not only does it explain a new bro. coming into the show. it no doubt is helping him dealing with it as well. that's my guess anyways. course i could be wrong though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brad finally explains Jake's termination   Brad finally explains Jake's termination Empty

Back to top Go down

Brad finally explains Jake's termination
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next