The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RIP Joan Rivers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:03 am

Rest In Peace, Joan Rivers.
I'll always remember you in "SpaceBalls".
Back to top Go down
Alyxx

Alyxx

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 am

Yeah let's not lie. Spaceballs was her most memorable moment on film.

"Stop looking up my can."
Back to top Go down
http://alyxxgameroom.blogspot.no
Skibz

Skibz

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Alyxx wrote:
Yeah let's not lie. Spaceballs was her most memorable moment on film.

To be fair, it was her only major film role. Everything else was literally just cameos and bit parts, and even still, I don't see many people arguing that 'Tower Heist' or 'First Daughter' are better movies than 'Spaceballs'.

When I think of Joan Rivers, I immediately think to her hilarious interview with GWAR back in 1990. This was at the height of GWAR's spot in the media limelight as the poster children for evil, devil-worshipping "shock rock", and while almost all talk show hosts took a snobbish, condemnatory attitude towards what's very obviously a goofy and satirical comedy band, Joan was the only one who got the joke and actually treated them with respect. Kudos to her for possibly behind the only daytime talk show host with a semblance of humility and integrity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Me & my mom watched one of her stand-ups on Showtime last night.
She was hilarious.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Skibz wrote:
When I think of Joan Rivers, I immediately think to her hilarious interview with GWAR back in 1990. This was at the height of GWAR's spot in the media limelight as the poster children for evil, devil-worshipping "shock rock", and while almost all talk show hosts took a snobbish, condemnatory attitude towards what's very obviously a goofy and satirical comedy band, Joan was the only one who got the joke and actually treated them with respect. Kudos to her for possibly behind the only daytime talk show host with a semblance of humility and integrity.

I was fortunate enough to meet Dave Brockie at a Fangoria horror convention back in 2009.
I also got to meet Marilyn Burns of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" as well as an autograph.
May they rest in peace.
RIP Joan Rivers Gwar1110
RIP Joan Rivers Pictur33
Back to top Go down
Alyxx

Alyxx

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:31 am

That's pretty damn sweet, Otaku!
Back to top Go down
http://alyxxgameroom.blogspot.no
Inquisitor

Inquisitor

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Otaku4Life wrote:
I was fortunate enough to meet Dave Brockie at a Fangoria horror convention back in 2009.
I also got to meet Marilyn Burns of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" as well as an autograph.
May they rest in peace.

You are a lucky lucky man. I only got to see GWAR at Riot Fest 2013 Chicago, and wasn't able to get close enough to the stage to get sprayed with blood (much to my chagrin).
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Inquisitor wrote:
Otaku4Life wrote:
May they rest in peace.

You are a lucky lucky man.  I only got to see GWAR at Riot Fest 2013 Chicago, and wasn't able to get close enough to the stage to get sprayed with blood (much to my chagrin).

Well, their next tour kicks off in October, so it's never too late. GWAR was intended to last a thousand years, so you still have a good 970 left for another chance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:42 pm

I always liked that episode of DR. KATZ she did (just for a non-SPACEBALLS example).

Joan's part starts about the 7:53 mark.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Sponsored content

RIP Joan Rivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Joan Rivers   RIP Joan Rivers Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Joan Rivers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: Theater of Blood-
Jump to: