Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

i spit on your grave...2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
metateen

PostSubject: i spit on your grave...2   Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 am

I was browsing around my local movie spot and I came across this film. As unrated so a direct to DVD sequel to the remake that I'm sure someone asked for. Though before I purchase it does anyone have any experience with it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jabba the Slutt

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 am

More or less the same piece of shit as the remake but with worse pacing and even more over the top
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

i haven't seen the remake. so i can't comment on that one. i really have no desire to see it either. my question is simply this WHY ? why in the fuck remake a piece a shit like that? but than again i also think since i think the original is a piece of shit. that i fucking fastworded through we used to have it on VHS & this is one film that i agree with Roger Ebert on how bad it is. though unlike him i will say i've seen far far worse.

how is the remake anyways? or the sequel to that as well? they any good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razzly

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am

Once wasn't enough, gotta dubs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skibz

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:30 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
i haven't seen the remake. so i can't comment on that one. i really have no desire to see it either. my question is simply this WHY ? why in the fuck remake a piece a shit like that? but than again i also think since i think the original is a piece of shit. that i fucking fastworded through we used to have it on VHS & this is one film that i agree with Roger Ebert on how bad it is. though unlike him i will say i've seen far far worse.

how is the remake anyways? or the sequel to that as well? they any good?

I think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is excellent and rather well-made for the type of exploitation that it is. To paraphrase Brad from a Radiodrome I can't remember, if you think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is the worst movie you've ever seen, you haven't seen enough bad movies. But like it or not, the original is undeniably a well-known film, especially in horror circles, so it's no surprise there's a remake capitalizing on its infamy.

The remake isn't awful, but it's certainly not something I'd ever watch again for the rest of my life...it's just a loose remake made with all the cliches of modern horror films. The 'Saw'-like complexity of the way the lead kills the villains is what ruins it; it takes the raw grindhouse feel of the original and reduces it to cartoonish schlock. I didn't even know there was a sequel, but from what I can tell, it looks like a completely unrelated standalone movie which just slapped itself with a recognizable title to get attention. Can't say I have any interest in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 am

At first I thought you were talking about the trashy knockoff I'LL SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE TOO from the 80s. So there's an actual sequel to the remake? good grief.
I .... don't like the original, exactly, but it didn't disgust me the way some exploitation movies do (the much lauded LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, for example, with its victim-shaming and shoehorned "humor" I thought was much worse. At least Jennifer in SPOYG is sympathetic). I've only seen little clips of the remake, it looked like a run-of-the-mill SAW knockoff. I can't imagine a DTV sequel would be any different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   

Back to top Go down

i spit on your grave...2
Page 1 of 1