Share | 

David Lynch appreciation thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
I like to call movies with similar styles (Black and white, weird noises, weird visuals, a penchant for foul and inhuman sounds and images afflicting humans in some polarized way - etc.) "Nightmare-O-Vision" because it reminds me of what my personal nightmares look like.
Any other good Nightmare-O-Vision flicks you'd suggest? I love the style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feldon

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I became a fan of David Lynch's during the initial run of Twin Peaks. The show was just so weird and genuinely frightening; one of thefew to give me nightmares, especially the big reveal. Since that time I've been after all things Lynch, I think there are three films of his that I haven't seen yet, but I'm working on it.

My favourite film of his is Lost Highway, I like the subtle build up of dread and Robert Blake is simply ghoulish. If there was one complaint I had about the film it was Patricia Arquette, her delivery just grated on my nerves.

I also like Rabbits, and I await it's release. I wish that I had the $200 to spend on the Lime Green set, but times are tough. It would be really nice if the Rabbits sequences from Inland Empire could be incorporated into that set as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 am

I've only just realized that the only David Lynch movie I've ever seen was Wild at Heart. I think I need to work on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob_Bobbson

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:25 am

I've seen Dune, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.
  • I liked Dune, but I didn't think it was anything special. Then again, even Lynch admits that it isn't actually truly his movie and he had to change things to please the studio.
  • I also liked Mulholland Drive. I mean, it confused the fuck out of me, but I liked it. I'm probably due for another viewing of it as it's been years and I've since grown a lot as an appreciator and examiner of film.
  • I saw Blue Velvet for the first time not long ago, and I loved it. That film is pretty much a masterpiece. I especially love Dennis Hoppers performance, that's probably his best.

I also own Eraserhead, Lost Highway and both seasons of Twin Peaks. I've started Twin Peaks, and from what I've seen that may end up becoming my favorite TV show. Now I guess I need to watch Eraserhead and Lost Highway tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobbobbson.blogspot.com
Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   Sat May 14, 2011 7:12 pm

I wish my gf liked Lynch's stuff, she hated Blue Velvet, and only barely liked Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (which I think was only because she liked the show as much as everyone else in the world does). Needless to say I'm hesitant to show here Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire, because those are my Top 3 Lynch films and will die if she doesn't like them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Lynch appreciation thread   

Back to top Go down

David Lynch appreciation thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2