Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:02 am

Team Snob's April Fools offering this year was met with an extremely positive reception in the comments and it's not hard to see why. It was fucking hilarious. Consequentially a lot of people have been asking Brad to expand the concept and do more episodes. Obviously that's totally up to Mr Jones, but hypothetically if he were to do more Demo Reels what movies would you like to see tackled by Braddie Broderick and his gang? I think it'd be best if they were films that have been reviewed by the Snob so that people would be familiar with the material being lampooned.

Personally I think watching Braddie try to make a "The Refrigerator"-esque horror movie about a killer household appliance would have potential. As would a Simpsons/Beavis and Butthead/general cartoon character porno episode. Or maybe a Cannibal Holocaust theme?

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
EccentricSnob

avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:44 am

The Admiral Crackers Show is what I think. Seriously, just make an Admiral Crackers spinoff. Or this, but we need more Crackers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tabascofanatikerin

avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 32
Location : Switzerland (origin: German)

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 pm

To be very honest: If Brad did a Demo Reel that'd be fine but I wouldn't watch it.

I'm not a fan of the Demo Reel concept. I already nearly fell asleep when Doug Walker and his gang did this. I gave the show a chance and watched the first two or three episodes but then I gave up. It was too boring.

Now Brad is a guy that entertains me way more and seems to be naturally funny but even he can't get me into watching a Demo Reel show. The concept, again, is too boring and I don't feel like being amused or greatly entertained and more like going through something until it's over. I don't think anyone can make this concept entertaining for me.

If I want to watch Brad Jones doing or saying something funny I'll stick to his other already existing shows, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tabascofanatikerin.deviantart.com
jaltesorensen

avatar

Posts : 295
Join date : 2011-06-26
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Well, I would watch it.

I found the original demo reel boring. But Brad's take on it makes it more crazy and fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Tabascofanatikerin wrote:
To be very honest: If Brad did a Demo Reel that'd be fine but I wouldn't watch it.

I'm not a fan of the Demo Reel concept. I already nearly fell asleep when Doug Walker and his gang did this. I gave the show a chance and watched the first two or three episodes but then I gave up. It was too boring.

Now Brad is a guy that entertains me way more and seems to be naturally funny but even he can't get me into watching a Demo Reel show. The concept, again, is too boring and I don't feel like being amused or greatly entertained and more like going through something until it's over. I don't think anyone can make this concept entertaining for me.

If I want to watch Brad Jones doing or saying something funny I'll stick to his other already existing shows, thank you very much.

I agree that Doug didn't execute the concept very well, I stopped watching after a couple of episodes also but I thought Brad's Et Porno episode was far better paced, edited and written and much more imaginative than the Doug Walker Demo real. Really I think Doug's strength is more in his delivery and the way he inhabits a character; I think Brad is more talented when it comes to writing dialogue.

Did you not enjoy Brad's Demo Reel episode of ET the Porno? It's totally cool if you didn't but I'm just curious.

Anyway, the intent of this topic was less to try to convince anyone that Brad should make more Demo Reels and more to just to hypothesise as to which films would be entertaining to see Braddie, Admiral Crackers and the gang try to replicate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
Tabascofanatikerin

avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2014-02-26
Age : 32
Location : Switzerland (origin: German)

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:16 pm

80'sDavid wrote:

Did you not enjoy Brad's Demo Reel episode of ET the Porno? It's totally cool if you didn't but I'm just curious.
Well, it was nice to see Brad and Jillian acting together, it was nice to see Brad trying on this goofy ET costume, however, I can't say that I totally enjoyed it. I still believe that it's not Brad's fault. I believe that the concept is not for me. To me it's not really enjoying it, more like waiting until it's over (or until a real funny moment comes).
Maybe it's just me and I won't take this away from you if you and the rest want to see more episodes. That is totally fine with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tabascofanatikerin.deviantart.com
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Tabascofanatikerin wrote:
80'sDavid wrote:

Did you not enjoy Brad's Demo Reel episode of ET the Porno? It's totally cool if you didn't but I'm just curious.
Well, it was nice to see Brad and Jillian acting together, it was nice to see Brad trying on this goofy ET costume, however, I can't say that I totally enjoyed it. I still believe that it's not Brad's fault. I believe that the concept is not for me. To me it's not really enjoying it, more like waiting until it's over (or until a real funny moment comes).
Maybe it's just me and I won't take this away from you if you and the rest want to see more episodes. That is totally fine with me.

That's totally cool Smile  I thought it was hilarious throughout and the comments feedback was overwhelmingly positive but humour is of course very subjective. I have to say I'd only really want to see more episodes if Brad felt he could maintain the same level of quality. At the end of the day maybe the concept isn't strong enough to be stretched over an ongoing series, maybe a surprising one-off is the most satisfying format for the Demo Reel formula.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?   

Back to top Go down
 
More Brad Jones Demo Reel Episodes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Watch Video : Benz – DEMO lovers
» Dow Jones Vs Nikkei 225
» Dow Jones-ovi indeksi
» BEST FOREX DEMO CONTEST
» BEST FOREX DEMO CONTEST 2017

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Midnight Screenings & Original Series-
Jump to: