The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fred Phelps Dead

Go down 
+4
ChaosTheory
wildhoney66
AstaKask
Otaku4Life
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Fred Phelps, the pastor of the anti-gay & funeral picketing Westboro Baptist Church, is dead at age 84.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/westboro-church-founder-dead/index.html
Phelps was also the inspiration of the evil preacher in Kevin Smith's "Red State".
Back to top Go down
AstaKask

AstaKask

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:35 am

In a few minutes I'll be drinking a toast. That will be the extent of my celebration. Care to join me?
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 am

somehow i don't think there will be many people that will miss him.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 am

Well, the world is now a slightly less awful place.

I will give the WBC this, they're up front about their bigotry. The ones I get tired of trying to deal with are the ones that go "Oh, I'm absolutely not not prejudiced, I have gay friends so I'm obviously not a homophobe, I just don't think they should be allowed to marry or raise children and the idea of being alone with one makes me really uncomfortable because reasons...but c'mon it's not like I'm Fred Phelps or something!" Sure.... (and I see this with racism/sexism/religious prejudice/etc. too, not just homophobia, that's merely one example).
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
80'sDavid

80'sDavid

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 am

I hope satan's giving him a good ass fucking.
Back to top Go down
http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
EccentricSnob

EccentricSnob

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:53 am

Kevin Smith put it best "I'd say it's akin to how I felt about the life of Mr. Phelps: sad for his family."
Back to top Go down
EccentricSnob

EccentricSnob

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:55 am

Also in a kevin smith q and a, he talks about his fight against the phelps'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMCQvLMfLHQ

It's a while in, but the whole thing is a good listen.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:54 pm

EccentricSnob wrote:
Kevin Smith put it best "I'd say it's akin to how I felt about the life of Mr. Phelps: sad for his family."

That's very well put.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:13 am

oh well i've been a HUGE fan of Kevin Smith for about 20 years now. it would not surprise me if Fred Phleps who like said is against gays, yet in private he was prolly getting fucked in the ass every night by his boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 am

thanxs for a great laugh i NEEDED one. I wonder how many takes it took for her to get it right? or if they had someone else do it?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Louis Theroux made two fascinating & disturbing docs about the WBC, "The Most Hated Family in America" and "America's Most Hated Family in Crisis". They're chopped up on youtube, but if you have time to go through & watch, it's worth a look.

Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 pm

I've seen a lot of posts on FB saying that people should picket Phelps' funeral to "show them how it feels". On the other side of the coin, we have people going "No, we shouldn't stoop down to their level."

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I've seen a lot of posts on FB saying that people should picket Phelps' funeral to "show them how it feels". On the other side of the coin, we have people going "No, we shouldn't stoop down to their level."

What do you guys think?

I'm on the "not stooping" side of it. Any kind of attention = validation to this bunch.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 am

what's interesting about this video is that it's not even about fred phelps. apparently she was laughing about cows who had eaten some pot and got high as fucking kite. and she was laughing her ass off about it. in short someone did a snob and posted their own subtitles on it. but i think that's far more funnier to be honest than what's actually being said.
Back to top Go down
Jabba the Slutt

Jabba the Slutt

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Fred Phelps Dead Tumblr_mzyu7vSZbZ1tr7aaco1_r1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fred Phelps Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Phelps Dead   Fred Phelps Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred Phelps Dead
Page 1 of 1