Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What movie will the Snob NOT review?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1032
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:28 am

On the Snob's review of "Child Bride", it was the only movie that was refused by the hosts of "MST3K".
So the Snob decided to review it himself (which was an excellent review in the end).
Is there any movie or movies that the Snob will NOT review?
Is "Men Behind The Sun" one of them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perkele

avatar

Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-04-13
Age : 24
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:16 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
On the Snob's review of "Child Bride", it was the only movie that was refused by the hosts of "MST3K".
So the Snob decided to review it himself (which was an excellent review in the end).
Is there any movie or movies that the Snob will NOT review?
Is "Men Behind The Sun" one of them?

Men behind the sun:
"That would be a very hard movie to do a Snob episode on, because it would mostly be me very serious and talking about the movie, as opposed to riffing like I usually do. Exploitation or not, that stuff did happen, and the movie presents itself very very serious, and not with dosages of high camp like the nazisploitation movies do.

This movie (Men Behind the Sun 3) was slightly easier to riff because it had the Godfrey Ho touch to it and a slightly higher cheese factor in some places.
"
So he probably won't do that one, but it would be funny to see just how dark and tasteless jokes he could make about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 am

I can see where he's coming from with Men Behind The Sun. I think it's only really considered exploitative because it's gory and relatively low budget, but in fact it's pretty competently made and factually accurate so there's not really much to riff.

I certainly can't speak for Brad but I'd guess that he's more likely to dismiss a movie on the basis of it not containing enough material conducive to riffing rather than it containing any particularly offensive or morally objectionable material. That's not to downplay his social/political conscience which I think is evident from some of his DVD-R Hell episodes but I just don't think political correctness is of too much concern to a guy who's friends with someone named "Slaver Brian".

It it's legal, relatively obscure and contains anything goofy, dumb or ridiculous it's probably ripe for a snobbing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1032
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 am

80'sDavid wrote:
I can see where he's coming from with Men Behind The Sun. I think it's only really considered exploitative because it's gory and relatively low budget, but in fact it's pretty competently made and factually accurate so there's not really much to riff.
I've read online that they used actual human corpses in most of the scenes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:16 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
80'sDavid wrote:
I can see where he's coming from with Men Behind The Sun. I think it's only really considered exploitative because it's gory and relatively low budget, but in fact it's pretty competently made and factually accurate so there's not really much to riff.
I've read online that they used actual human corpses in most of the scenes.

Yeah I've heard that too though I can't say how much truth there is in it. There's a scene where a woman is left out in sub-zero temperatures and then has her arms dunked in hot water and the flesh pulled off the bones like the skin of a banana and I recall hearing that they used the arms of a real corpse for that scene which is kind of funny because when I first saw it I remember thinking "Man, those arms look fake!".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
Skibz

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 29
Location : Orange County, CA

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 pm

80'sDavid wrote:
Otaku4Life wrote:
80'sDavid wrote:
I can see where he's coming from with Men Behind The Sun. I think it's only really considered exploitative because it's gory and relatively low budget, but in fact it's pretty competently made and factually accurate so there's not really much to riff.
I've read online that they used actual human corpses in most of the scenes.

Yeah I've heard that too though I can't say how much truth there is in it. There's a scene where a woman is left out in sub-zero temperatures and then has her arms dunked in hot water and the flesh pulled off the bones like the skin of a banana and I recall hearing that they used the arms of a real corpse for that scene which is kind of funny because when I first saw it I remember thinking "Man, those arms look fake!".

I knew that the child autopsy scene was genuine, but I hadn't heard about the arms...I had the same reaction.

I guess what's important to know was faked, however, was the scene with the cat and the rats. I put off watching 'MBTS' for a long time believing that scene to be real. Funny how that's how most gorehounds operate: "Sure, I'll take your naked dead child, but there better not be any animal cruelty in this!".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1032
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Skibz wrote:
I knew that the child autopsy scene was genuine, but I hadn't heard about the arms...I had the same reaction.

The cadaver of the child was someone who died in an accident & looked identical to the child actor.
The parents were asked permission to use their son's body for the autopsy scene & they agreed.
The close-up shots of the organs being removed were those of a pig.
There were no special effects in China at the time of filming.
Here is some of the trivia on IMDb.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093170/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EccentricSnob

avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 am

Guys guys guys. Every movie he claims that he will never review HE ENDS UP REVIEWING (ex. Hitler's Harlot, I Spit your my Grave, and Cannibal Holocaust). The only movie I know of (aside Men Behind the Sun) that he won't review is Dogfucker. And even then...you never know.

(It sounds awful, and I hope Brad doesn't review it. But I see a pattern)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1215
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:37 am

well with I spit on your grave I think it wasn't his refusal to do it for years. it was like he said in one of the videos I forget which one. how do you make fun of a film when 45 minutes of it is rape?

he was right. and my guess the reason it took so long for him to do it was cause he had no ideas to do it. than he did the snob film and that helped I think. with dog fucker, does anyone really want to see that one? i'm not an animal person but having her actually fuck the dog is a lot different than

say eat dog shit. or anything like that. that's my take on it anyways if i'm wrong than i'm wrong. this is just all guess work of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EccentricSnob

avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 pm

I recall that being the Cannibal Holocaust one, but I think he refused because of the rape scene. But I feel like Brad has managed to work around with a whole ton of controversial stuff. But for Dogfucker it would probably (okay I doubt he'd ever do it, but this is a theoretical situation) be a quick 1-5 minute one where we barely see any footage and all we get is the Cinema Snob/Brad's reaction (because he would probably through a bit out of character into it)

To clarify I don't necessarily want to see it, but Brad just reviews movies he says he won't. I mean I wouldn't ask for an I Spit on Your Grave review but he did it


Last edited by EccentricSnob on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1032
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:48 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
well with I spit on your grave I think it wasn't his refusal to do it for years. it was like he said in one of the videos I forget which one. how do you make fun of a film when 45 minutes of it is rape?
In the review of "Water Power", the Snob also mentioned the 1973 Harry Reems rape film "Forced Entry".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1215
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 am

I still don't see how he did review well snobbed anyways, a review of that gay porn. I don't know any straight guy at all including myself that would willingly watch a male gay porn. but he did.

so having said that he who knows may do it. but since he's also an animal lover as well. I may be wrong as well. and no sane person at all would want to watch anyone fuck a dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
80'sDavid

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:31 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
I still don't see how he did review well snobbed anyways, a review of that gay porn. I don't know any straight guy at all including myself that would willingly watch a male gay porn. but he did.

so having said that he who knows may do it. but since he's also an animal lover as well. I may be wrong as well. and no sane person at all would want to watch anyone fuck a dog.

Meh, I'm straight and wouldn't mind watching gay porn if it was something really bizarre or ridiculous enough to be funny. It's not like you have to whack off to it just because it's porn.

In my opinion there's just no parallel between gay porn and animal porn though. Gay porn is consenting adults having sex, animal porn is pretty much an animal being exploited and abused for entertainment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepeoplewholooklikebrianlewis.blogspot.co.uk
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1215
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 am

oh I get what you are saying. but for me there's a line there. I have nothing against people who are gay. hell I have gay friends. what they do behind closed doors is their own business. the same goes for porn. I don't want to see it. i'm a big Charles Band fan. well his films anyways. and bring him him casue David DeCoetu which I knew I was going murder his last name I always do. some of his CB films I happen to like. and even after he left working for Full moon I've seen a couple of his films.

but at the start of his career before he went to work for Charles band he directed a few gay porn. t
and I have no desire to watch those is my point. and I think he's a decent director actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What movie will the Snob NOT review?   

Back to top Go down
 
What movie will the Snob NOT review?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Market review and outlook for 2012
» A review of Prathilaba: SEC TV show on investing in the stock market
» Budget Review - 2012
» ECONOMIC REVIEW
» 2016 budget review

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: The Cinema Snob-
Jump to: