The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

86th Academy Awards and such

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Weezy-LUiGi

Weezy-LUiGi

86th Academy Awards and such Empty
PostSubject: 86th Academy Awards and such   86th Academy Awards and such EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:10 am

Well, me being the brainwashed, hopelessly optimistic film buff I am, I am looking forward to the Oscars. I really shouldn't be that hopeful, considering the trail of bitterness, disappointment, rage, and shattered hopes behind me from previous shows. I have my hopes and have already sent in my Pick of the Flicks ballot to my local paper, maybe this year I picked some winners.

What I think should win, [*those who will win]:
Picture- G R A V I T Y, alas methinks 12 Years has this one capped.
Director- Cuaron for G R A V I T Y
Actor- Matt McConaughey, although I would not be against Bruce Dern winning something for his trouble.
Actress- Sandra Bullock, but since she undeservedly won for Blind Side, they won't give it to her. I will settle for Amy Adams winning.
Supp Actor- Jared Leto
Supp Actress- June Squibb. I pick her in hopes that the JLaw/Nyong'o factions will split the vote and leave Mrs. Nebraska the winner.
Original Screenplay- her
Adapted Screenplay- 12 Years a Slave, but I think Philomena will pick this one up.
Cinematography, Editing, Sound- G R A V I T Y
VFX- G R A V I T Y. PACIFIC RIM was robbed. F#cking Lone Ranger.
Animated Feature- The Croods, but Disney will never lose an Animated Oscar, so Frozen.
Production Design- her, but I'm afraid American Hustle will pick this one up instead of G R A V I T Y.
Costuming- Great Gatsby. This is one I'm unsure on, as American Hustle and 12 Years are both equally fitted.
Score- her, I was impressed by ArcadeFire. Might be the next Daft Punk. In lieu of, G R A V I T Y.
Song- Frozen, please don't let Bono steal it!
Foreign- La grande bellezza

My TV will not survive the night if American Hustle wins Director and/or Picture
or if August Osage County wins Anything.
Back to top Go down
perkele

perkele

PostSubject: Re: 86th Academy Awards and such   86th Academy Awards and such EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm

I haven't seen any of this year's nominees besides Wolf of Wall Street so I can't really comment...

But, one of the candidates for the best short film is Finnish, so I hope they win Smile
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: 86th Academy Awards and such   86th Academy Awards and such EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:25 am

I hadn't seen any of the films that got nominated or won for that matter. the awards weren't that bad this year. though I do think some of the jokes that Ellen did were fucking stupid like ordering pizza? that was retarded. now I've seen Nebraska and I don't think it was good enough to be Nominated for anything. but I liked it. but it's a film I'm only going to watch once and i'm done with it. it's not worth watching it again.

I also have since seen "Dallas' Buyers' Club' and that one I really did enjoy a whole hell of a lot. I can see why that one was nominated to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 86th Academy Awards and such   86th Academy Awards and such Empty

Back to top Go down

86th Academy Awards and such
Page 1 of 1