HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Best live shows you've seen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Best live shows you've seen?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 am

The two best shows I've been to were probably last year.

Dark Castle, Zoroaster, and Nachtmystium

Then less than a week later:

Dark Castle and Rwake

I've actually written some pretty lengthy tales about those shows on another board if you guys actually want to share stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 am

Best show I've ever seen live: Peelander Z.

If you're unfamiliar with them, their lives shows go something like this:

I've seen them in person twice, an their concert are basically hyper-energetic punk shows with a lot of audience involvement. They bring people up on stage, let them play and dance with them, and generally make merry.

Last edited by The Dude on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JennyWoreBlack

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 am

The Creatures because it was my first concert going experience. Also Flight of the Conchords was an awesome concert experience they played a version of "Free Bird" and I almost died, they also came out to do a meet and greet afterward. Demeche Mode and Tori Amos are also very good live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bobenny.us
thegormer

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:21 am

The Cure in 2004 was pretty damn good.

GWAR/Kingdom of Sorrow/Toxic Holocaust in October of 08 is probably the best I've ever been to, and not just because of how awesome the bands were. There are personal reasons attached.

I just saw Toxic Holocaust again a few weeks ago locally at a small bar, and it was an incredible show. Not to mention Joel Grind is the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Smashing Pumpkins "2nd to last" show on 11/29/00 at the United Center is pretty high up on the list as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anothercafejava

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 am

I just saw Less Than Jake w/ The Supervillains and Off With Their Heads this passed Friday, I still have a ringing in my ears though and I'm honestly afraid I might have permanent tinnitus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RabidScotsman

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 am

I've only been to a few concerts but three have especially blown me away.

Bruce Springsteen: He's the boss for god's sake!

Muse: Just like Queen, Muse knows how to pump up the crowd. Its quite strange that much of Muse's music is actually very heartfelt and soft, unlike much of Black Holes and Revelations, and The Resistance. The concert was mind blowing.

Joseph Arthur: He may be very obscure but he is one of the best musicians working today. During the concert, he painted while singing. He also had a soundboard that contained all of the background noise such as drums so he could basically be a one-man band. For anyone who hasn't heard of him, but Our Shadows Will Remain. That album is a true masterpiece and one of the best albums of the past decade.

Other concerts: Dido, Coldplay, and Shakira.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 am

Went to see Ozzfest a few times when it would come through NJ, always a great festival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm

I saw Edguy and Kamelot up at Station 4 in Minneapolis a few years back. Great show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm

My favorite concerts so far were:

Oingo Boingo

Julian Lennon

Alice Cooper

Webb Wilder

The Monkees reunion tour
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 pm

When did you see Oingo Boingo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
When did you see Oingo Boingo?

1994 Royal Oak, Michigan. It was the year before their Farewell performance. It was incredible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:52 am

I once saw Everclear at a college performance and it was more intense than I thought it would be!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I think the best show I've ever been to was Alice Cooper in 2006. I travelled about 500 miles for that concert and it was SO worth it Very Happy

Then again, Watain this past summer was a helluva show also, they did half the show their songs and the last half was a Bathory tribute!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:39 pm

I haven't been to a whole lot of live shows, honestly. Wish I had. Probably the most extravagant show I've been too though is A-Nation 2005. That's the event that J-pop star and guilty pleasure Ayumi Hamasaki holds annually. It was pretty cool...

Though in my personal opinion - the best live show I've been to in terms of overall enjoyment was Aussie Floyd performing "The Wall." I wish to god I could see the real Floyd, but they don't tour anymore (I can still hope to catch Waters though.) but a few years back we went to an Australian Pink Floyd concert. We figured they'd be alright, we didn't think they'd be fucking amazing. In 2008 I believe, they did a tour of "The Wall" and put on the whole show. The Wall was built on stage, they had inflatables of the teacher, they even had the audience participate a little in scenes like "Run like Hell." It was awesome.

The encore was great as well, it was practically a second concert. Instead of just a few songs, they did "Great Gig in the Sky," "Time" "Careful with that Axe Eugene" "Sheep" "One of these Days" "Wish you were here" "Learning to Fly" and they ended with "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" - the whole thing. Damn that was sweet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Eckertmania wrote:
I saw Edguy and Kamelot up at Station 4 in Minneapolis a few years back. Great show.
Yeah Edguy always does great shows! I think Tobi Sammets pure charisma enables him to if he were to just stand still on the stage the crowd would still go wild hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:13 pm

I have been to ass tons of concerts, most of them kind of with the same results. Most recently would be......um......OH YEAH, Rush.

I will however say, some of the comedy shows I have been to are quiet fucking memorable, because getting on stage with a comedian and conversing is unreal. I've participated with Tommy Chong, his wife Shelby humiliated me on my knees on stage, and got into mid show conversations with Dave Attell, and Doug Benson. No I wasnt a heckling asshole. Dave Attel bought me a shot at a titty bar after the show.

Nothing like this happens at music shows. HEY, GET ON STAGE AND PLAY A LITTLE BASS WITH GEDDY LEE.

Oh, there was the time my shitty band played at some shit hole and someone entered the mosh pit with ONE OF THE ONLY TWO TOILETS IN THE BUILDING. A lot of people got the shit beat out of them. Good times.

I have a friend in a REAL band, don't really want to mention, who tours with medium sized names (think Rancid, Bouncing Souls, Fishbone) and it is NEVER exciting to talk to or meet most musicians. They can be very boring and conceited. Its like, well guess what Travis Barker? I think you look gay and I've never wanted to meet you, so shove your pussy attitude up your tattooed-to-make-up-for-your-lack-of-male physique ass bitch! A Reall fucking asshole.

I hate it when I get stoned and write forever. My bad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 pm

thegormer wrote:
The Cure in 2004 was pretty damn good.

GWAR/Kingdom of Sorrow/Toxic Holocaust in October of 08 is probably the best I've ever been to, and not just because of how awesome the bands were. There are personal reasons attached.

I just saw Toxic Holocaust again a few weeks ago locally at a small bar, and it was an incredible show. Not to mention Joel Grind is the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Smashing Pumpkins "2nd to last" show on 11/29/00 at the United Center is pretty high up on the list as well.
I went to the Gwar/KOS,Toxic holocaust show to lolsuch a fun time
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 am

I've missed GWAR a few times. But I'd still like to finally see them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nephilim

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 am

Best concert I saw was Coil in the Paradiso in Amsterdam.
1 hour long mindfuck. Too bad Jhon Balance and Peter Christopherson are dead now.. I miss Coil.

I saw them the year after in The Hague too but it wasn't as cool as in Amsterdam. (still really cool though as Coil was always awesome.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 am

Buckethead by a million miles. He's the greatest guitarist ever if you ask me, and I've only seen him twice, but each time was the greatest concert I've ever seen (considering I frequently attend concerts, that's a lot).

The second time was a mixed blessing, he handed me a Friday The 13th Action Figure. But it was from the Michael Bay remake...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:27 am

Saw Boris in concert the other night and ooh, it was good as fuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pale-suzie

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am

I've been to quite a few shows spanning across a lot of different genres, but besides the different concerts I've been to that featured Balkan music (which is always, always, a ton of fun) I think my top three is:

Devin Townsend, both times I've seen him... the first time I saw him live I was not familiar with his music post Strapping Young Lad and I was completely blown away, I've been a fan since. Smile

Ill ninõ I think I saw in 2007 and although they were really good they're mostly on the list because of how the crowd reacted, there was a circle pit, a mini wall of death, just a lot of general mayhem and by the end I had blood on me that wasn't mine, threw up from dehydration and passed out. That shouldn't be a good experience but somehow it was.

And finally my favorite concert experience has to be the 2010 danish pop band Turboweekends Roskilde concert 2010, Muse played at the same time so everyone else but the hardcore fans had gone to see them (but that still left a LOT of people). The chanting started 20 min before they were even scheduled, people where throwing around beach balls with turboweekend written on them and when they finally took the stage, so incredibly excited to be playing, the massive crowd went insane and just did not calm down again. We jumped so much that the following day I could barely walk. I'm still kind of amazed that a pop act has ended up on the top of my list, but they were amazing and so was the audience. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:12 am

Lets see.

Nine inch nails playing with Boris opening.
The offspring with Dead Sara and the Brains that were opening
I just went to rockfest like a week ago, saw a bunch of great bands, though the highlights were Flag (Black flag with their original singer), the offspring, rise against, sick of it all. Was a really good festival
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 am

id probally go with seeing Iron maiden with Alice cooper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 pm

On Monday I saw Black Sabbath, with opening act Andrew W.K.

Jesus, God...so much intensity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best live shows you've seen?   

Back to top Go down

Best live shows you've seen?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next