The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray

Go down 
+11
OrlandoEastwood
Tommy Wiseau
Azarias Kale
Cactus_Matt
relauby
LucasChad
Entertainer13
TheCinemaCynic
The Original Greaser Bob
Thecigarsnob
bloodypitofhorror
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 am

While I still enjoy reliving my memories of watching films such as The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly on TV where everyone was thin and tall due to the crunching of the original aspect ratio, there is something to be said about the original theatrical presentation of films as well. I love the high quality of Blu-Ray with it's brighter colors and sharper detail. It reminds me more of my theater going experiences.

Also, as The Dude has already pointed out, the extras can be a blast.

But I haven't begun to sell off all my DVDs just yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:06 am

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
Pulp Fiction is getting a U.S. Blu-ray release via Lionsgate.
I'm kind of surprised it took this long.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:09 am

The Dude wrote:
OrlandoEastwood wrote:
Pulp Fiction is getting a U.S. Blu-ray release via Lionsgate.
I'm kind of surprised it took this long.

Yeah, I bought the French Blu-ray off of a "Steelbook" collector who sold me the disc along with the discs of the French release of Babylon A.D. and the 2008 remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still for a grand whooping total of $15.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it just yet; I for one still have an extensive VHS collection
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 pm

The Dude wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it just yet; I for one still have an extensive VHS collection

I never was.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:28 pm

I finally bought a Blu-Ray (because it was cheaper than a DVD) and I still don't see what the big deal is. The only reason I can see people would want these is all the extra extras, but I've only heard of one or two that go all out with tons of special features. All the Blu-Rays I see around have pretty much the same features as the DVDs, and they always have less than the 2-Disc DVD releases.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Relauby wrote:
I finally bought a Blu-Ray (because it was cheaper than a DVD) and I still don't see what the big deal is. The only reason I can see people would want these is all the extra extras, but I've only heard of one or two that go all out with tons of special features. All the Blu-Rays I see around have pretty much the same features as the DVDs, and they always have less than the 2-Disc DVD releases.

Maybe a dumb question, but do you own a Hi-Def TV? Because the picture quality is far superior to DVD at the very least.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Maybe a dumb question, but do you own a Hi-Def TV? Because the picture quality is far superior to DVD at the very least.

Yeah, I watched it on a Hi-Def TV, and it did look nicer, but it wasn't really that big of a deal. I stopped noticing after about 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Relauby wrote:
Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Relauby wrote:

Yeah, I watched it on a Hi-Def TV, and it did look nicer, but it wasn't really that big of a deal. I stopped noticing after about 30 seconds.

OK, thanks for answering. I have a good friend who isn't that impressed HD all that much either.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm definitely in the Pro-Blu-Ray camp. While I have yet to convert myself - mainly due to not having a player - I do view many blu-rays at my girlfriends place. Let me tell you, there's nothing quite like checking out something like 2001 on Blu-Ray. It's the next best thing to seeing it in theaters.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 pm

I just wonder how long it will take for Blu-Ray to replace DVD altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray   To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Blu-Ray, or Not to Blu Ray
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: