The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 am

Arthur Rankin Jr, the co-founder & animator of Rankin/Bass Productions, has passed away.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/people-news/rudolph-animator-arthur-rankin-jr-dead-at-89-1201080680/
I would like to thank him for all the stop-motion Christmas specials & animated films & shows such as "The Hobbit" and, of course, "Thundercats".

Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 am

Heard lots of good stuff about Rankin Bass. Plus they contributed to the birth of Studio Ghibli. R I P to a man that made my childhood just a little bit more awesome.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 pm

A shame.

Viewing all the videoes you posted here, it made me think that the Lemmiwinks music (you know, from South Park, where the gerbal or mouse from the class is on an adventure inside mr. slaves ass) was inspired by "The Hobbit":

Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 am

R.I.P Mr. Rankin...
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 am

I remember watching "Ballad of Smokey the Bear" one time on TV when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away   Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Arthur Rankin Jr Passes Away
Page 1 of 1