The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy Madison DVD Collection

Go down 
+3
Toyland Chairman
jasn0_X
Otaku4Life
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Happy Madison DVD Collection Empty
PostSubject: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:52 am

I was recently at my local Wal-Mart & found a DVD collection of crappy movies released by Adam Sandler's studio Happy Madison.
The price tag is around $10 (I found it even cheaper on Amazon).
Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my hard-earned cash on this buffet of cinematic shit.
What do you think?
Happy Madison DVD Collection 91nqik16
Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 am

I've seen "The Animal" and it was OK.  Kind of meh.

Deuce Bigalow 2 has some pretty funny moments, but definitely wasn't as good as 1.  If you didn't like 1 then you'll hate 2.

Joe Dirt if fucking awesome, but insanely stupid.  I loved it.

Benchwarmers, no impact no idea.  Never watched it or heard much about it.

The House Bunny, same thing as above.

The Master of Disguise, I've never watched it.  However I have heard nothing good about that movie ever.  Almost definitely the worst movie in the group.

For $10 I wouldn't call it a waste unless you loath Happy Madison to no end.  Remember that they used to make good movies back then.   Cool
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 am

JOE DIRT and HOUSE BUNNY are okay. Never saw THE ANIMAL OR BENCHWARMERS. Been a while since I last watched MASTER OF DISGUISE or DEUCE BIGALOW 2. Meh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 am

Here's some YouTube videos of the Nostalgia Critic's thoughts on Happy Madison movies.

Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Most of what Happy Madison does is do something so stupid you have to laugh at the sheer stupidity...and those movies were coming out when they started that full force. But what can you do? You can make an intelligent comedy, appeal to a smaller audience, or you can be Happy Madison and print money.

I remember when Happy Madison put out some quality...wait scratch that...some not as stupid comedies...well they didn't seem so stupid when I was a kid. I still enjoy Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy, out of nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:16 pm

I would probably buy it out of curiousity...10$ for 6 movies, that might be delightfully bad...I'm in.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 pm

JOE DIRT is a guilty pleasure; HOUSE BUNNY was okay. THE ANIMAL was pretty meh. Never saw THE BENCHWARMERS or BIGELOW 2, but didn't hear anything good about them.

MASTER OF DISGUISE is kind of amazing in its badness. Not THE ROOM-level amazing, but still something you should watch once just to say you did.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:57 am

Here are some Happy Madison movies I've seen that I liked. Most of them are guilty pleasures.

Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison
Little Nicky
Big Daddy
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:09 am

that collection needs to be destroyed . ive seen benchwarmers,Joe Dirty and the animal. all fucking suck. Only thing that could be worse is a Will Ferrel box set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Madison DVD Collection   Happy Madison DVD Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Madison DVD Collection
Page 1 of 1