The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate the film above you!

Go down 
+8
THOOM
Frank Rizzo
Conan the Librarian
Tommy Wiseau
relauby
Leonard McCoy
Son Of Jack Deth
LucasChad
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LucasChad

LucasChad

Rate the film above you! Empty
PostSubject: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Since the 'Rate the song above you' game is kinda fun, I thought I might challenge some movie fans with a similar game. I'll post a trailer for the film and if you have seen the film, please rate it in reply while posting another trailer for a film for the next person to rate. If you had played the song version, this should be easy for you!

The first trailer I want to post is for a horror comedy classic from the 1980s!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 am

Fright Night 9/10

Excellent film with a perfect blend of horror, humor, and heart.

Highlander

Back to top Go down
Leonard McCoy

Leonard McCoy

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 am

Highlander

6/10

kinda lame in some spots, goofy plot, (seriously chopping off their heads is their kyrponite), but still not near as bad as some other action fantasy movies out there (like the squeals lol) not a total failure but nothing special in my oppinion typical 80's action.

now to a fucking classic
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 am

9/10 Evil Dead II is a fucking awesome movie. It has some of the funniest and just most badass things I've ever seen on screen.

Now this is a movie I always really liked but nobody else ever seemed to, so I'm curious to see what people think...

American Psycho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVNmgHKweU

And yeah, I know this isn't a real trailer but I couldn't find anything, so this is good enough...
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 am

Relauby wrote:
9/10 Evil Dead II is a fucking awesome movie. It has some of the funniest and just most badass things I've ever seen on screen.

Now this is a movie I always really liked but nobody else ever seemed to, so I'm curious to see what people think...

American Psycho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jVNmgHKweU

And yeah, I know this isn't a real trailer but I couldn't find anything, so this is good enough...

8/10. I really love the humour in the movie, and Bale is both hilarious and disturbing. There's something in it that bores me a bit though. Maybe it was a little too heavy on the satire.

So, um.... how about Dune?
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 am

[quote}

So, um.... how about Dune?[/quote]

Dune = 7/10

Pros-
David Lynch sci-fi cult classic.
Ahead of it's time, great special effects, great music.
Sting.
Dude squirting puss out of his face herpes. An interesting futuristic drug trade related plot. Giant sand worms.
Character actors. (Red Sonja Asian boy fat sidekick, Charlotte's husband from Sex and the City, Michael Bolton?)

Con-
Little long, slow, and might not catch your attention the first time you watch it.
One of those where you always hear to read the book.

"LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!"

--------------------------

Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 am

10/10 for The Fly! Romantic and bloody which works together flawlessly!

Now how about this!

Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 am

Action, romance, adventure, mystery... does any film truly have more to offer?

10/10 Yesterday, today, and forever.

Dirty Harry

Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 pm

7/10 Not a bad movie, but I always thought it was really overrated. I honestly thought it was a little bit forgettable. Maybe I just need to give another watch.

How about Matchstick Men?

(By the way, can someone tell me how to embed videos?)
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Highlander is not for everyone, that I can understand. But Dirty Harry doesn't earn a 10/10? Sorry, but that is one of the greatest cop thrillers ever made. Heck, I could even understand a 9/10, but not a 7/10.

I never saw Matchstick Men, so the next person will have to review it. As far as embedding video, there are a bunch of tabs above the message window as you type. One of them (looks like a film strip) is a youtube button. Just click that, then enter the youtube code (click the "share" button") located under every youtube video to get the code.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm

"Highlander is not for everyone, that I can understand. But Dirty Harry doesn't earn a 10/10? Sorry, but that is one of the greatest cop thrillers ever made. Heck, I could even understand a 9/10, but not a 7/10."

It's all subjective at the end of the day dude, some might think it great, others not so much.

Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
Highlander is not for everyone, that I can understand. But Dirty Harry doesn't earn a 10/10? Sorry, but that is one of the greatest cop thrillers ever made. Heck, I could even understand a 9/10, but not a 7/10.

Dirty Harry may be exciting, gritty fun, but it's got enough flaws to warrant a 7 or 8 score. For instance, I thought that the editing in that movie is near awful, especially in the end chase. It took me out of the movie a bit.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
"Highlander is not for everyone, that I can understand. But Dirty Harry doesn't earn a 10/10? Sorry, but that is one of the greatest cop thrillers ever made. Heck, I could even understand a 9/10, but not a 7/10."

It's all subjective at the end of the day dude, some might think it great, others not so much.

Well obviously it's subjective. All art is. I just found it funny as I find most of this generations taste in films to be pretty much at the bottom of an unflushed toilet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:47 am

I dunno, *I* liked Dirty Harry...
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:53 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I dunno, *I* liked Dirty Harry...

For the record, I was being facetious. I'm not being serious at all. I'm on a site that thinks Pierre Kirby films are the greatest. I better not take things too serious.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 am

Eh, even the people with the most agreeable opinions have a few unpopular ones, too. For instance, I like Showgirls.
Back to top Go down
THOOM

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:18 am

Frank Rizzo, you just FUCKED up the whole game by derailing the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:24 am

THOOM wrote:
Frank Rizzo, you just FUCKED up the whole game by derailing the conversation.

Actually, I believe I am to blame for that. Sorry, I did not mean for this to become a discussion.

The last movie up for review was Matchstick Men. The OP didn't know how to post the trailer, so here it is:

Let's start again shall we.
Back to top Go down
Candyman

Candyman

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 pm

8/10
In my opinion the best movie Nic Cage did. Great acting and I love scam movies (and heist movies).

And gets 5 cool points for this scene alone

Next movie: The Town

Back to top Go down
Paul Atreides

Paul Atreides

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 am

7.5/10
The Town was a very good film, really liked it, but it was still cliche as all hell gets out.

Next film:

DUNE (1984)

Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am

Dune again? Well, that'll be a 9/10 from me. Great soundtrack, great sets and great visuals. I love it so much that it could deserve a 10, but there are so many flaws I can't overlook.

How about Lost Highway?

Back to top Go down
Paul Atreides

Paul Atreides

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Dune again?

Sorry, didn't see the trailer embedded before so I assumed it hadn't been done yet.
But I suppose thats why you read forums, not just look. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Dyson sphere

Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm

7/10 Eh, Lost Highway is alright, but I do not want to watch it that often.

Back to top Go down
unrealbe

unrealbe

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 pm

7.5/10
+0.5 thanks to Emilio Estevez.

next:

please only if you have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the film above you!   Rate the film above you! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the film above you!
Page 1 of 1