The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"

Go down 
+3
Frank Rizzo
Toyland Chairman
Randy Spears
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 am

Not only sucks. Not only be thought of one of the worst movies of the year but maybe one of the worst all time?

Part of me thinks this has epic bomb written all over it. I mean Istar, Waterworld, Cotton Club and Heavens Gate bomb.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:39 am

Well it'll probably do good. I never really cared for the first one. I think Will Ferrell is another one of those famous comedians who, as I grow older, I just find more annoying than funny. Same thing happened with Mike Myers. I never really liked Steve Carell, although I have a soft spot for EVAN ALMIGHTY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:50 am

With the insane amount of hype it's getting, not to mention the audience anticipation, it better be funnier then the original, cause if it gets the slightest bad word of mouth, it's gonna tank.
Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 am

According to Brad its pretty good...so we'll see...  Cool 
Back to top Go down
The_Stone_Guest

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Randy Spears wrote:
Not only sucks. Not only be thought of one of the worst movies of the year but maybe one of the worst all time?

Part of me thinks this has epic bomb written all over it. I mean Istar, Waterworld, Cotton Club and Heavens Gate bomb.

As a regular listener of even the post-Brad Radiodrome, I have to be Josh-level nitpicky and point out that bomb is not synonymous with bad movie.

I quite liked Waterworld, and Heaven's Gate (not the theatre cut) was pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
http://the-stone-guest.livejournal.com/
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:49 pm

The_Stone_Guest wrote:
Randy Spears wrote:

As a regular listener of even the post-Brad Radiodrome, I have to be Josh-level nitpicky and point out that bomb is not synonymous with bad movie.

I quite liked Waterworld, and Heaven's Gate (not the theatre cut) was pretty good, too.
The Director's Cut of 'Heaven's Gate' is one of the best movies of the 1980s. Even 'Ishtar' and 'Cotton Club' are just okay, at the very worst. It's always struck me as funny that practically every single one of the biggest box office bombs are just mediocre. Even 'Pluto Nash' had a few redeeming merits.

But seriously, I can't think of a single person on the planet who'd look at a film like 'Anchorman 2' - a modest $50 million sequel to a popular comedy featuring bankable stars - and somehow put it on the same level as a group of conceptually flawed box office bombs with $100-$200 million budgets, some of which literally prompted a restructuring of the Hollywood studio system. That's one of the stupidest things I've heard this week. You might as well be saying 'A Madea Christmas' is a shoo-in for Best Picture.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:27 am

Nah it will most likley not flop. The first ones a really popular movie i mean you don't even have to like Will ferrel to like Anchorman. I honestly like Ferrel on SNL and when he does small roles but other then Anchorman he's anoying when in a staring role(still need to see Anchorman 2). I mean even a certain person who bashes him every chance she gets likes that film lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"   Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2" Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have the feeling that "Anchorman 2"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: