The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RIP Blockbuster Video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

RIP Blockbuster Video Empty
PostSubject: RIP Blockbuster Video   RIP Blockbuster Video EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:06 pm

As of December 2013, Blockbuster Video will be closing their last remaining video rental locations.
Another part of my childhood is gone.
RIP Blockbuster Video
@->-

Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: RIP Blockbuster Video   RIP Blockbuster Video EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Blockbuster isn't closing *every* store. I mean, yeah, the company itself will be folding by January, but apparently, from what I've heard, about 40 or so "independently owned" Blockbusters are going to remain open in scattered, remote parts of the country for places that can't easily get DVD's and what not.
Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: RIP Blockbuster Video   RIP Blockbuster Video EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 10:51 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Blockbuster isn't closing *every* store. I mean, yeah, the company itself will be folding by January, but apparently, from what I've heard, about 40 or so "independently owned" Blockbusters are going to remain open in scattered, remote parts of the country for places that can't easily get DVD's and what not.
I guess that is good news for those areas with those stores. "Independent" rental stores were always better than most regular retail Blockbusters. Even most Hollywood videos were better than Blockbusters (though I knew a few Hollywood Video stores that were pretty horrible too). Blockbuster pretty sowed the seeds of their own demise by not changing with the times and bending over backwards for the big Hollywood studios.

For those of you that do not know, Blockbuster signed some sweetheart deal with the major studios intended to help maintain/boost DVD rentals & sales...and also meant to hinder online streaming & other rental outlets (i.e. Red Box & its equivalents).

So in the end...good bye to bad rubbish. Hope this helps Hulu, Netflix, On Demand and/or Red Box services all become better. And only wish the best of luck to Blockbusters unfortunate former employees...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Blockbuster Video   RIP Blockbuster Video Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Blockbuster Video
Page 1 of 1