The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beetlejuice 2.

Go down 
+3
Frank Rizzo
Toyland Chairman
Randy Spears
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 pm

I love sequels, and I'm getting a kick out of all these reports about sequels to older movies. TEXAS CHAINSAW 3-D was okay, I look forward to JURASSIC WORLD, and I think BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 is being planned again.Very Happy 

I'll assume Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin won't be coming back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 pm

I think Beetlejuice 2 would have been better off being made in the early to mid 90's, at least then you had a shot of having most of the original cast back.

Now? Meh......
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:25 pm

So we had that CHRISTMAS STORY sequel from last year, THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY (hilarious review, btw guys), the IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE sequel, the MAD MAX sequel (or is it a reboot? either way it looks stupid) and now this. Seems like an awfully weird way to cash in on nostalgia to me....
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:27 am

I wonder if it is the "Beetlejuice goes Hawaiian" project Kevin Smith talked about:
(44 seconds into the video clip)
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 am

There were two unproduced 'Beetlejuice' sequel scripts floating around the ether in the '90s; 'Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian' being one of them, and another being 'Beetlejuice in Love'. If I recall correctly, It was set in the middle ages and was about a playwright who dies and gets sent to the Netherworld, where he would enlist the help of Beetlejuice to get him back to the land of the living.

I read it many years ago and I honestly thought it was pretty decent. It obviously features none of the original cast sans Keaton, but I think that's a good idea. The story of the Deetzes and the Maitlands has been told...you can't really go anywhere further with those characters. It's better to simply focus on Beetlejuice, the irrefutable star of the show; for a character several centuries old, you can't tell me you can't write an original story for him without drudging up the original again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:28 am

yes Sean it's been announced. i think i heard there were more than 2 scrips for a sequel. i would love for the original cast well the ghosts anyways to come back. if it's the same people in the film i'd love all of them that are still with us to come back and of course the great Michael Keaton. yes he's i think about 60 years old now. but

he looks good for his age. and you can't do it without him. it's not like that be much of a difference anyways. since Beetlejuice is already dead anyways and he'd have loads of make-up on anyways. i love sequels to but it depends on the series of course. some are good and some are pretty shitty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beetlejuice 2.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beetlejuice 2.    Beetlejuice 2.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Beetlejuice 2.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: