Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dr Giggles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

PostSubject: Dr Giggles   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:25 am

I'm going to watch this tonight. I haven't seen it for years but I remember that I loved this movie back in the day. I thought Larry Drake was a great slasher villain. I guess the film didn't do so well that's why there was never any sequels. Shame because the first film and Drake were great.

Even though I don't like remakes if did well I think a Dr. Giggles remake would do well in the box office.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Dr Giggles   Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 am

Randy i'm sorry i don't want a remake of this classic. i don't remember it doing terrible. i don't remember if it was a hit or not. but it's a great film. and Larry Drake is wonderful in it. i can't believe how much weight the guy's put on since though. and i agree with you though on the no sequels i'm reallhy surprised they didn't do any.

i thought the candyman films are terrible and those got 3 of them. HUH? even though the only redeeming thing about those films is Tony Todd he's great in them. i do remember waiting for a sequel to Dr. Giggles though. and i'm really shocked we haven't got one. but if Showgirls can get a sequel again WTF it wouldn't surprise me if we get at least a made for video version sequel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Dr Giggles   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
Randy i'm sorry i don't want a remake of this classic. i don't remember it doing terrible. i don't remember if it was a hit or not. but it's a great film. and Larry Drake is wonderful in it. i can't believe how much weight the guy's put on since though. and i agree with you though on the no sequels i'm reallhy surprised they didn't do any.

i thought the candyman films are terrible and those got 3 of them. HUH? even though the only redeeming thing about those films is Tony Todd he's great in them. i do remember waiting for a sequel to Dr. Giggles though. and i'm really shocked we haven't got one. but if Showgirls can get a sequel again WTF it wouldn't surprise me if we get at least a made for video version sequel.
I think you can do a remake of this only if you get Dr. Giggles right. Put in a bigger star, maybe even someone who is known for playing a Doctor.

Imagine if Patrick Dempsey, Neil Patrick Harris or Hugh Laurie was the killer. They could play up their TV personas make it part of the movie. Maybe even have Giggles dad in the flashbacks be played by Alan Alda.

I think it could work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Dr Giggles   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:10 am

true but to be fair even though Larry Drake is'nt a name anymore he was one at the time the film was made. my parents watched L.A. Law & i sometimes did as well when it was on. so he was famous from that and it was still on the air at the time. plus he was great in horror. but hell the same could be said about any remake, if the right people were involved and it had the right budget, cast etc.. unfortunally we rarely get that when it comes to remakes. i loved the dawn of the dead remake but it's never going to be nowhere near as good as the original.

i'm also tired of remakes as well. and reboots as well. i miss the days when hollywood would do original films. and it's not just the people who run hollywood's fault. it's the consumer as well. they see these remakes make shitloads of money and they see dollar signs. they don't pay attention like me and many others who are tired of remakes. when they did the last friday the 13th film weather it's a remake or a sequel it doesn't matter cause anybody can play Jason.
and Mike Myers as well. so it's not a big deal when we get those remade or another sequel.

what i find really funny is that tv shows and low budget movies people like Roger Corman and Charles Band have produced more original in one year than hollywood has in years. and that's also sad as well. what i would love to see is the big screen version of "V" that was going to be made a few years back. that would be interesting if they got the oriiginal cast that are still around back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VonSpyder

PostSubject: Re: Dr Giggles   Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:34 pm

I honestly loved Dr. Giggles, I thought it was right on par with films like The Dentist and Phantasm. Just a really enjoyable, if a bit hokey, movie experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/vonspyder
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Giggles   

Back to top Go down

Dr Giggles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: The Cinema Snob-
Jump to: