Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

PostSubject: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:45 am

I went to a local flea market & found a LaserDisc player with some movies to go along with them.
I've been looking for one of these for years.
Today, that dream has finally come true.
The player came with all the wires, but no remote control.
The movies that came with the player is "Terminator 2: Judgement Day", "True Lies", "Jurassic Park" & "Star Wars".
The price was $50 ($30 for the player & $20 for the movies).
Now I will begin the process in starting my LaserDisc collection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Cool.
Please give feedback if the laserdisc-player works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:32 pm

jaltesorensen wrote:
Cool.
Please give feedback if the laserdisc-player works.
I tried it out and it works perfectly well.
I already ordered more movies for really cheap on eBay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

He's an old video by James Rolfe (AVGN) talking about LaserDisc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am

T2, JURASSIC PARK and STAR WARS? That's pretty sweet!
I don't recall coming across a laserdisc player at any of the thrift shops I go to, but maybe I'll have to keep an eye out for one...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 am

the closest i've seen to something like that at a thrift shop was a big lot of 8-track tapes and a player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 am

Ah, laserdisc. I loved those things, but I haven't bought any since I got into Blu-ray, which was a decision I did not take lightly as I gave up on finding a decent LD player that could do better than S-Video (I am talking pure RGB). And since I'd have to order a Japanese player for that to get access to D-terminal, I gave up and got into BDs. I kept my LDs around till I could find those versions on Blu-ray (the special cut of Terminator 2, and the Special Edition cut of Aliens to name a few..as well as the Original Cuts of Star Wars)

Curse you HDTVs.

If you really wana get the most out of the LD player, get some 80s-Late 90s (before they started digital coloring) Anime. I think they look better on Laserdisc than DVD, but the ones after they started digital coloring look better on DVD. I have some Ranma 1/2 and a couple Cowboy Bebop discs and they look phenominal compared to my DVDs of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 pm

my brother has one. I don't think he watches it that often though. he never has time anyways. he's always busy with his kids or work or something. but he does have some autographed. he has the Elm Street one that's got deleted scenes and shit. I think he even has Scream as well. and he does have Mad World. I only have Ninja Turtles 2 that I got for a buck many years ago. I've never played it though cause I don't have a player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Stone_Guest

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:52 am

Screw a laser disc player, I need to get a VCR.

I have like a grand total of 3 tapes, two of which I haven't seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-stone-guest.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market   

Back to top Go down

I bought a LaserDisc player & movies at a flea market
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1