Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Sci-fi, horror, humor, social commentary; we have it all!  Is there anything in pop culture this show hasn't influenced?  What are some of your favorite episodes?
I love The Masks, The Obsolete Man, Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, The Howling Man, I Am the Night, He's Alive and Number 12 Looks Just Like You...just to name a few.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 am

Watch the new Snob Saturday the 14th, and thank me later, you know, because Twilight Zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 am

I own the entire classic series on DVD, love every ep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 am

one of my top favorite shows. i love most episodes . i will say though that kick the can is overated
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:15 pm

actually I don't love them all, there are some bad episodes like an tv show. but I also have the whole series on dvd as well. my favorite though have Burgeress Meredith and I just murdered his 1st name sorry about that. anyways I wish he had done more. Printer's Devil is a classic. for example.

I like the 80's one as well but it's not as good, the film isn't great but it has it's moments. and the last tv series they did over 10 years ago I liked but If memory serves me right the ending to each story felt like the main character died on you or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 am

Well, that's true; there's some klunkers in the bunch, it'll happen when a show runs as long as TZ did - they did do the "OMG they're actually on/going to Earth!" plot device a few times too many  Laughing 
I don't think I ever watched the 80s version. I do remember when they tried to reboot it maybe 10-12 years ago with Forrest Whitaker as the host; I saw a couple episodes but it all felt kind of phoned in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 am

actually they only did 5 seasons and that really isn't that many seasons. well the original show had that. there are I think 152 episodes. and no matter which season you watch there's some good ones and some bad ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 am

I loved Twilight Zone and have all the DVDs. I love the SciFi New Years marathons. Used to make a point to marathon watch it before I had the DVDs. I recently picked up all the Night Gallery seasons. Its definitely not as good, but still some pretty neat ones in there that reminded me of Twilight Zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 am

that's the point of it I think. the acting isn't as good either. Night Gallery isn't a terrible show but they did far to many shitty shows and didn't have as many good shows as Twilight Zone did. at least that's what I think anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
that's the point of it I think. the acting isn't as good either. Night Gallery isn't a terrible show but they did far to many shitty shows and didn't have as many good shows as Twilight Zone did. at least that's what I think anyways.

Rod Serling wasn't too happy with the way it turned out. He didn't have as much creative control over that show as he did for Twilight Zone. He fought hard to establish The Twilight Zone as a quality show that he controlled. I think he wanted the same with Night Gallery, but didn't get it in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 am

I think I remember either hearing about that or reading about it. I forget where I saw it? well Night Gallery wasn't as big of a hit as Twilight Zone I don't think either. that one was a monster of a hit once people got what it was about.

and it' had the best writers as well. I haven't seen that many episodes of Night Gallery but the ones I've seen some are good and some are shit. more shit than good or at least the ones I've seen anyways. I don't own that show on dvd though like I do twilight zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1