The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skibz

Skibz

Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. Empty
PostSubject: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Uwe Boll started a Kickstarter campaign in the hopes of making 'Postal 2'. Check it out, and please consider donating something: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1544635303/postal-2

I much rather prefer to see Uwe do his "serious" films than do more intentionally campy video game adaptations, but I guess the latter ultimately finance the former. My biggest problems with the otherwise greatly enjoyable first 'Postal' was mostly in the directing and editing, and considering the leaps and bounds Uwe's made with 'Rampage', 'Assault on Wall Street', 'Darfur', etc., 'Postal 2' is bound to be a massive improvement.

I'm just curious why he resorted to Kickstarter, as I have to assume 'Postal' is easily one of his most profitable films. At least I can give him credit for choosing Kickstarter over something like IndieGoGo where he'd get the money regardless of whether or not the project is fully funded.

I really hope it succeeds, not just because 'Postal 2' sounds fun but because Uwe really deserves a break.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
EccentricSnob

EccentricSnob

PostSubject: Re: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 pm

Uwe Boll sounds a little arrogant from the initial video, just saying. I do not donate to Kickstarters anyways, so it is not like it would've swayed me over.

But if Uwe Boll is trying to make commentary on society NOW, Postal 2 is not the best platform to state this. That would be like Ed Wood responding to the Vietnam War with "Glen or Glenda 2"
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am

That arrogance is his whole schtick. What self-deprecation is to Lloyd Kaufman's on-camera persona is what self-aggrandizement is to Uwe Boll's. Nearly every video he makes has claims of him being the greatest director ever who makes the most important movies ever...and that's almost always when he's promoting his less-serious schlock flicks.

I don't see why 'Postal 2' isn't a suitable platform for sociopolitical commentary; I mean, isn't that what the first one was? Boll's already seriously addressed the financial crisis in 'AoWS' and he'll undoubtedly be making some kind of statement in the Obama assassination thriller 'Suddenly' he has coming out soon, I'd be up to see him take on another crude 'God Bless America'-style satire. It probably won't be smart, but at least it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
perkele

perkele

PostSubject: Re: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Postal is actually the only Uwe Boll -movie I've seen, and I hated it back when I saw it.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 pm

If I had the money I would totally give him 10000$ just to be his Assistant. As for the Project I really hope it succeeds, but to be honest I don't think it will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.   Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'. Empty

Back to top Go down

Uwe Boll's Kickstarter campaign for 'Postal 2'.
Page 1 of 1