The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curse of Chucky.....

Go down 
+4
Razzly
Frank Rizzo
wildhoney66
Randy Spears
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

Curse of Chucky..... Empty
PostSubject: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 am

i saw that today too man. did you also read on it that part of it will be CGI ? that doll i'm sorry looks like it was made for at least $5.00 it looks so damn cheesy. the one from the original film that looked more like a doll than the this one does. though i'll prolly watch it just cause i'm curious to see how good or bad it is.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am

exactly that was what i did when i read that.
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 am

I'm not sure about the redesign. The jack black undertones are little distracting and I'm not sure if his mouth is supposed to look like that.

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

I've noticed that it's a direct-to-video release.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 am

oh i heard it was going to be a long time ago. it really surprised me at the time too. i guess nobody wanted to put it out theatrical ? i dunno just a guess
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Never been a huge fan of the franchise in the first place. Might give this a watch, but I'm not expecting much.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 pm

After the last two Chucky movies, you really shouldn't expect much...
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 am

well apparently it's back go being a horror film again so who knows ya know? honestly they should have just quit after the 3rd one.
Back to top Go down
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 am

I didn't mind Seed of Chucky. But I can see where horror fans would hate it. It was so over the top with parody and inside references that I can see why some fans hated it. Rapper Redman as an A-list director. John Waters as the sleazy paparazzo, a fake Britney Spears look alike that Chucky runs over.

I liked the movie until the part where their kid was reviled to be both a boy and a girl. Then a movie that was trying to fall off the rails, fell off into a tank of gasoline.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:44 am

Well it's part of this year's Fantasia festival program. I probably won't go see it though since I'm was never a fan of Chucky movies.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am

I've known of this for a long time. I'm not opposed to it. I'd actually like to see more horror films get direct to video sequels. TEXAS CHAINSAW 3-D probably should've skipped a theatrical release honestly.

I'm not sure why this film is happening, though. The remake buzz seems to have died down. Maybe Don Mancini didn't want to let the series die so he felt it was time for another sequel, or perhaps this is a rights issue. Maybe Universal will lose the franchise rights, and this film is only being made so they can keep the rights and focus on a remake later. It's happened before. Anyone seen HELLRAISER: REVELATIONS?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curse of Chucky.....   Curse of Chucky..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Curse of Chucky.....
Page 1 of 1