The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bands you just HATE!!!!

Go down 
+7
jasn0_X
Skibz
kraufen
Mayan_Grungecaster
Angie Matera
Frank Rizzo
tonythe chosen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonythe chosen

Bands you just HATE!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 am

What are your least favorite bands/music genres? I'd go with Nickleback(and pretty much everyother butt rock band),ICP,Most metalcore,Mainstream rap,Country(minus Cash) and though i don;t hate them as much as the rest since there obscure,this is literally the worst band i have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am

Radiohead: Possibly the most overrated, pompous band in rock.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 am

I'd say arena rock is my least favorite genre. i mean yeah nickleback and stuff like that is bad but for some reason arena bands anoy me the most. Air supply is my most hated band ever followed by Bon jovi,Jounrey,Styx,and Forgenier . Asia is pretty damn awful to. Stuffs just so bad to me i hate itmore than i hate Will ferrel
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 am

Jeez, and we know how much you hate Will Ferrell...
Back to top Go down
Mayan_Grungecaster

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 pm

In no particular order:

Brokencyde
Scorpions
My Darkest Days
Poison
Journey
Seven Mary Three
Any of those dance pop bands they play on ****ing rock radio now
Nickelback
Black Veil Brides
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 am

I agree with every band listed so far lol(Scorpions were good in the 70s but boy did they suck will ferrel ass once they put out black out). I still think Air supply is worse then all these though.
Back to top Go down
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Far to many bands.
Pretty much all the stuff listed already.

Most radio stuff generally.

Also I really do not like stuff like Lamb of god, I really don't see the attraction or what is good about them.
Also hair metal or most classic rock
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 am

Aww, how could you hate The Shaggs? I believe even Brad loves them. Like 'Manos: The Hands of Fate', there's obvious technical flaws out the wazoo, but that just adds to the charm and sincerity of their music. I'd rather listen to The Shaggs than I would any given completely indistinguishable and interchangeable commercial rock or pop group.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:22 am

fun.

They suck so much balls that its scares me that people actually like them. Todd from the Shadows even called one of their songs a modern day Bohemian Rhapsody. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 am

I don;t HATE on the shaggs really i just think in terms of music there probably the worst band ive ever heard. i rather listen to them over buttrock or modern top 40 .
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 am

My Chemical Romance. Behold:

And not bands, per se, but;

Carly Rae "Call Me Maybe" Jepson. Fucking why?
Chris Brown. Recorder of the most generic corporate R&B on the planet and just one of the most despicable human beings who ever lived.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 am

What puzzled me the most about the whole Chris Brown/Rhianna saga?

That she forgave him and "took him back" afterwards.

.....Why?
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
What puzzled me the most about the whole Chris Brown/Rhianna saga?

That she forgave him and "took him back" afterwards.

.....Why?

I suppose he pulled the old "oh baby I'll never do it again, i love you, you just need to stop pushing my buttons" BS most abusers do.  But yeah, bad move on her part...
And the insane thing is, that's just one of a couple dozen very public awful things he's done. It's like he was built by scientists for the sole function of being a jerk.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 am

IIRC, didn't Jay-Z actually say to Chris Brown "If you hurt Rhianna again, *you'll* get hurt too....don't try me..."?

I would love to see Jay-Z confront Brown, and just have Brown completely shit his pants.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 am

Angie Matera wrote:
Asia is pretty damn awful to.
I dislike Asia simply for the reason that it's a supergroup comprised of four of the most innovative and virtuosic musicians of the time, and yet they played basic radio-friendly pop rock. It's not bad music - in fact, it's quite above-average for overproduced arena rock - but it will always feel inadequate when coming from the hands of such accomplished persons.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am

Once they had a hit with "Heat of the Moment", I think they all just went "Hey, if we churn out more of this stuff, we'll make more money! Never mind playing the style we're used too!"
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah i mean asias music i can't stand but i do agree what makes them ever worse is how they have members YES,Emerson Lake and Palmer, and King Crimson but they make this subpar arena rock. The modern verison of them would Adrenaline Mob. Drummer from Dream Theater and singer from Symphony X yet they make generic butt rock
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 am

That was their first album, though; the whole thing was placid pop. That seemed to be their outlook from the start. Considering I just saw Yes last week, I can understand if Steve Howe wanted a break from playing combined hour-long guitar solos every night, but it's still a little disappointing. The same could be said of GTR, the short-lived and equally underwhelming pop rock project from Howe and Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett. The same could be said of Squackett, the short-lived and equally underwhelming pop rock project from Hackett and Yes bassist Chris Squire. Come to think of it, pretty much nearly every solo spin-off of the major names of 1970s progressive rock was completely commercial and unsatisfying (with some notable exceptions).
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 am

yeah true dat lol. Not to mention YES them selves kinda went commerical in the 80s when they wrote songs like "Owner of a Lonely Heart".
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 am

tonythe chosen wrote:
yeah true dat lol. Not to mention YES them selves kinda went commerical in the 80s when they wrote songs like "Owner of a Lonely Heart".
Steve Howe is the heart and soul of Yes; when he left, that's when the band took a nosedive into blandness. Some members are just absolutely crucial to a band's sound and aesthetic, even if songwriting credit is more or less shared equally.

Nearly all of the major '60s and '70s progressive rock bands opted for a slicker commercial pop sound in the '80s. Punk and New Wave gave the musical climate a complete 180 spin from the psychedelic influences of the previous decades and most bands didn't know how to cope. King Crimson kept it real, and even though Rush permanently abandoned progressive songwriting, they still created unique and complex music (and were better for it, IMO).

I'll stop at the '70s bands, because once I get into '80s-'10s progressive rock, that's when I get all nerdy and foamy.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 am

King Crimson basically kept it's soul by not going into the 80's pop sound. They didn't have the new generation of fans like bands like Yes and Rush and Genesis did because of it though.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Not '80s pop, per se, but the Belew-fronted KC definitely took a strong influence from the artsier side of New Wave and synthpop (Talking Heads, The Police, etc.). Not that KC ever had much of a mainstream following to begin with, of course, but at least they were able to successfully reinvent/modernize their sound within a new era than most of their contemporaries.

Provided, prog rock still had a massive underground following in the '80s, of which I mention only because I'm a big fan of the UK's "neo-prog"/NWOBPR scene which spawned a handful of notable hit singles. Most of those smaller bands successfully melded classic progressive rock with modern rock and pop, which just makes it baffling to me how heavyweights like Yes, Supertramp, Gentle Giant, Renaissance, etc. all failed so miserably at it. Generational gap? Pressure to deliver radio-ready singles? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't find asia a disapointment because i really don't like YES,ELAM,or king crimson that much. To me prog is mostly boring(I LOVE Floyd though and i can't listen to Rush from time to time)
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I honestly can't stand Emerson, Lake & Palmer, and I admire King Crimson more than I would actually listen to them. I don't really listen to a whole lot of "classic era" progressive rock, but I'm nuts for the prog of the '80s onwards when it began to branch away from '60s psychedelia and into more contemporary alternative rock sounds. It is mostly because I'm only 25, but modern bands like Porcupine Tree, Opeth and even post-rock and Radiohead stimulate me more than the '70s bands which were heavily products of their time (though I do know the discographies of Genesis and Van der Graaf Generator inside and out).
Back to top Go down
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:31 pm

I love Porcupine Tree and Opeth. There collaboration band Storm corrosion was great to. I also loved Mikeals era of Blood Bath and Katatonia. Radio head i only know some stuff hear and there. I loved what i heard from OK Computer and Kid-A. I hate there debut except for Creep for nostalgia purposes.I don't know much about modern prog. I listen to Orzic tentacles,Tool,Aperfect circle,and Earily Muse are other modern prog bands i like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you just HATE!!!!   Bands you just HATE!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bands you just HATE!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next